WW 3?

it seems there is WAAAAAYYYY too much Conflict going on around the Globe as i type this... the question i have is: Do YOU think that WW 3 is coming.. really. seriously. and Why (or) Why Not?

No worries...Obama will get on TV and say "Sorry folks, we don't have a strategy for WWIII." And go play golf.

War averted.

it seems there is WAAAAAYYYY too much Conflict going on around the Globe as i type this... the question i have is: Do YOU think that WW 3 is coming.. really. seriously. and Why (or) Why Not?

No worries...Obama will get on TV and say "Sorry folks, we don't have a strategy for WWIII." And go play golf.

War averted.

yeah... it would make me a little Nervous if i was in the u.s. Military to think that was the Commander in Chief.

War averted.
Well, I certainly hope he has no strategy WWIII

War averted.
Well, I certainly hope he has no strategy WWIII

Hope and change, hope and change.

See, hope is occasionally rewarded by lethargy and ineptness.

Obama has no strategy for anything except elections and golf.

Stimulus, healthcare, shovel ready, Syria, Arab Spring, ISIS, Benghazi, immigration reform, Iraq withdrawal...nothing but a long, sad list of failure.

Lol no.

No, I think no WW3 is going to happen in the nearest future.
If we recall the world history, we could see that the previous two wars threatened nation's survival. Now.. Well, in my opinion, nothing like that is happening now.
On the other hand, I have a feeling that WW3 is already here - it's informational war.

Absolutely WW3 is almost at our doorstep.

We are way overdue.

Not a single doubt in my mind, sad but true.

it sure looks bad right now..

Yep. A year or two...2015 -16 and the whole thing will explode big time.
May be even before that.... something's gotta give.

A lot of Republicans want war and most possible R presidential candidates could be pushed into a war.

Incredible as it is, some RWs see Obama's refusal to go to war as a sign of weakness. They actually believe that Pootin's bullying is a sign of strength.

I hope people use their heads instead of their hate when they go to poll.

Absolutely WW3 is almost at our doorstep.

We are way overdue.

Not a single doubt in my mind, sad but true.

it sure looks bad right now..

Yep. A year or two...2015 -16 and the whole thing will explode big time.
May be even before that.... something's gotta give.

A lot of Republicans want war and most possible R presidential candidates could be pushed into a war.

Incredible as it is, some RWs see Obama's refusal to go to war as a sign of weakness. They actually believe that Pootin's bullying is a sign of strength.

War should always be the last resort, not the first. ISIS actively wants a war with the USA but why should we give them what they want? According to Sun Tzu you never fight on your enemy's terms.

As far as Putin is concerned if Rand Paul is the next POTUS then Putin will stomp all over Paul's non-intervention position. That is my single biggest concern about him going into 2016. He really has zero foreign policy experience.

The USA does carry a very big stick and speaking softly will work as long as we are willing to work with our allies. We don't need another world war. No one needs another world war. The only people who want a world war are those who are going to profit out of it.

Typical.. Time for major defense cuts. And more bullet trains and welfare and less real bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical.. Time for major defense cuts. And more bullet trains and welfare and less real bullets.

The last time this nation made major defense cuts it was followed by the largest boom in the peace time economy of the nation. Unemployment was at record lows, the stock market was soaring and everyone was happy. Sounds like a great idea to me.

The last time this nation made major defense cuts it was followed by the largest boom in the peace time economy of the nation. Unemployment was at record lows, the stock market was soaring and everyone was happy. Sounds like a great idea to me.

You're in my head this morning. I was just thinking that Obama has been very "walk softly but carry a big stick". He has not made "major defense cuts" any more than he made major cuts in nuclear weapons.

Instead, he got rid of outdated and unusable weapons while getting other countries to do what he wanted. And, its worth noting that Reagan wanted almost the exact same thing but couldn't pull it off.

I'm thankful that Obama is deliberative and contemplative instead of going off half cocked like Bush did. We don't need war. We need peace.

There's always been these little conflicts around the world. What you're perceiving is simply information saturation. Modern communications are such that whereas you'd never know about the majority of these things, nowadays you do and it seems unusual to you. But it's not. It's always been like this, we simply never heard about it.

There have been no "major" defense cuts and taking care of our own country and our own citizens should be how we spend our money.

We need to make "major" cuts to defense spending.

140224-us-defense-chart-215p_d40ecad0e93608f7224bcfd4d5df8a2f.nbcnews-ux-680-520.jpg

There's always been these little conflicts around the world. What you're perceiving is simply information saturation. Modern communications are such that whereas you'd never know about the majority of these things, nowadays you do and it seems unusual to you. But it's not. It's always been like this, we simply never heard about it.
Yep. Nothing goes unnoticed. Unfortunately, government must deal more with the perception of violence than the violence itself.

No, if by WWIII you mean anything even remotely similar to I and II.

Yes, it is going to be different due to the incredible advance in tecnology, for example cyber warfare will be increasingly used as will be will be robotic unmanned weapons such as drones.

Instead of fighting established states where victory or defeat is the end result, nowadays the war is against shadowy Islamic organizations who can fight on indefinetely with tactics such as used by Hamas.

At the moment it appears that a world wide war against radical Islam is inevitable, in fact it can be said that the war has already started and no end is in sight.

you really Nailed it here skye..

Yes, it is going to be different due to the incredible advance in tecnology, for example cyber warfare will be increasingly used as will be will be robotic unmanned weapons such as drones.

Instead of fighting established states where victory or defeat is the end result, nowadays the war is against shadowy Islamic organizations who can fight on indefinetely with tactics such as used by Hamas.

At the moment it appears that a world wide war against radical Islam is inevitable, in fact it can be said that the war has already started and no end is in sight.

I ask early in this thread as to what was meant by a WW. I don't remember getting a reply. My definition of WW is a conflict in which many nation are totally committed using all weapons and military forces at their disposal, where civilian casualties are of secondary important to the defeat of the enemy. I don't see that happening.

I see the possibility of a number terrorist attacks by different terrorist groups, insurrections, and civil wars with what might seem like a major commitment of military forces but would pale compared to WWII.

I ask early in this thread as to what was meant by a WW. I don't remember getting a reply. My definition of WW is a conflict in which many nation are totally committed using all weapons and military forces at their disposal, where civilian casualties are of secondary important to the defeat of the enemy. I don't see that happening.

I see the possibility of a number terrorist attacks by different terrorist groups, insurrections, and civil wars with what might seem like a major commitment of military forces but would pale compared to WWII.

i am not EXACTLY sure HOW WW 3 will unfold. (if it ever does) However, i am sure we will all KNOW it when it breaks out..

i am not EXACTLY sure HOW WW 3 will unfold. (if it ever does) However, i am sure we will all KNOW it when it breaks out..
You don't know because a WW such as we had in the past is all but impossible. Terrorist groups aren't governments. Although they can raise funds needed to carryout terrorist attacks and insurrections, they don't have the resources to support a military industrial complex and to build military forces sufficient subjugate large nations. They can certainly create isolated chaos but that's about it.

Islamic terrorists do not representative 2 billion Muslims. The vast majority of Muslims do not support terrorism and certainly not WW. Muslims like Christians come in all favors from the religious nuts to those that just give lip service to their faith.

You don't know because a WW such as we had in the past is all but impossible. Terrorist groups aren't governments. Although they can raise funds needed to carryout terrorist attacks and insurrections, they don't have the resources to support a military industrial complex and to build military forces sufficient subjugate large nations. They can certainly create isolated chaos but that's about it.

Islamic terrorists do not representative 2 billion Muslims. The vast majority of Muslims do not support terrorism and certainly not WW. Muslims like Christians come in all favors from the religious nuts to those that just give lip service to their faith.

Never say NEVER..

Forum List

Back