WW 3?

bugs

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2009
Classified
it seems there is WAAAAAYYYY too much Conflict going on around the Globe as i type this... the question i have is: Do YOU think that WW 3 is coming.. really. seriously. and Why (or) Why Not?

there is unlikely to be another world war. the weapons available now make that possible and impossible. the impossible will outweigh the possible. nuclear war is an ever threat, no one wants that. the US has made it clear that we will drop and use nuclear bombs to end a war. no one wants that.

the world will likely be at a standstill for a long time. until some assholes decide to start mini wars. most likely chemical weapons. but the UN 5 don't want that. and therefore, it is unlikely to happen.

Absolutely WW3 is almost at our doorstep.

We are way overdue.

Not a single doubt in my mind, sad but true.

it seems there is WAAAAAYYYY too much Conflict going on around the Globe as i type this... the question i have is: Do YOU think that WW 3 is coming.. really. seriously. and Why (or) Why Not?

WW3 would mean the involvement of all of the nations in the world to some degree or other. In order for that to happen there would need to be a nation or group of nations that are set upon taking over other nations by force.

The conflicts we see today are regional. The dispute between Russia and her neighboring states is unlikely to develop into WW3 because there is no compelling interest for the NATO nations to intervene.

The ME is always in a state of turmoil and the current outbreak will eventually die down again once again to just a slow boil.

The only potential area where WW3 might start is if China attempts to invade Taiwan. But that is not on the cards at the present moment because China will immediately lose all of her trading partners and that will cause economic chaos on the domestic front. China will lose more than she will gain and fortunately her leaders are smart enough to know that.

The more that the world's economies become intertwined, the less likely another "World War" will ever occur.

Who do you guys think this "World War" will be against? What will the sides be - and more importantly, why?

I would say Islamic fanatics against the Western world.

We don't need a brain surgeon to see where this thing is going...

The more that the world's economies become intertwined, the less likely another "World War" will ever occur.

Who do you guys think this "World War" will be against? What will the sides be - and more importantly, why?

"Islamic fanatics" tend to hate each other as much as they hate the rest of the world. It's unlikely that any sort of coalition will ever form.

Iran hates al-Qaeda and ISIS. ISIS and al-Qaeda hate each other. Saudi Arabia hates ISIS and Iran.

Islamic fanatics lack the capacity to take the fight to other nations. They have no coherent organization, no weapons stockpiles, no air or sea power. At best they can only use terrorist tactics and those are unlikely to succeed.

Islamic fanatics lack the capacity to take the fight to other nations. They have no coherent organization, no weapons stockpiles, no air or sea power. At best they can only use terrorist tactics and those are unlikely to succeed.

Not to mention, "Islamic fanatics" is a loosely-defined group that includes many, many individual groups - each with their own goals, and each hating the others.

seems to be lots of Islamic terrorism out there . Russia is feeling big , China and Japan , Taiwan , n. Korea . Don't know about a world war but things look pretty interesting out there . Iran and all the middle east .

No, if by WWIII you mean anything even remotely similar to I and II.

yep , even without a world war , its pretty interesting out there .

Please define what you mean by WW.

No, if by WWIII you mean anything even remotely similar to I and II.

Yes, it is going to be different due to the incredible advance in tecnology, for example cyber warfare will be increasingly used as will be will be robotic unmanned weapons such as drones.

Instead of fighting established states where victory or defeat is the end result, nowadays the war is against shadowy Islamic organizations who can fight on indefinetely with tactics such as used by Hamas.

At the moment it appears that a world wide war against radical Islam is inevitable, in fact it can be said that the war has already started and no end is in sight.

Forum List

Back