WTF? Where is the short term stimulus?!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Neubarth, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    WTF? Where is the short term stimulus?!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything that I see in Obama's plan to rescue the economy lacks short term stimulus. What is he trying to do, turn a Recession into a Depression?

Look at the income tax plan. You can only immediately benefit from it if you will out a new withholding to reflect the $500 gift. Otherwise, you see the money in 2010 when you file your income tax return.

I say give the people cash vouchers that can only be cashed at retail outlets. If people want to spend $500 on Hamburgers or Pizza that would be fine. They could go to Frys and buy a new Laptop (preferably made/assembled in the US) and that would be fine. Income tax refunds in 2010 do nothing NOW!

All of the other major industrial plans appear to put money into the economy starting in 2010 or later (shovel in the ground time). What are we doing NOW! ! ! ! !

When this dawns on the public, the Stock Market will crash. Price to Earnings ratios are way too high to seemlogical in a protracted Recession/Depression. My money right now is all in Bonds or Cash, and it is going to stay that way for a while until Obama does something for the economy NOW!!!!

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    It's really been a depression for many American for decades. Nobody in charge gave a fuck until it started hurting the bankers.

Unemployed people won't get much traction out of a tax cut...they need real cash.

AGreed. Except the first thing we chould do is close WALMARTS so all that money doesn't go to China.

!

Excellent question...put people TO WORK and screw the small change game.

At this stage of the game, I'd seriously think about putting some of that money into GOLD, amigo.

Seriously.

3. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Gold? In a Depression, even Gold will fall in value. It is a pretty metal that we like to make jewelry from. Unfortunately it is already very inflated in price.

Right now we are seeing Deflation. In a few months we will see massive INflation. At that time, I might go to gold for some of my holdings.

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

5. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199