WTF? Where is the short term stimulus?!!!!!!!!!!

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything that I see in Obama's plan to rescue the economy lacks short term stimulus. What is he trying to do, turn a Recession into a Depression?

Look at the income tax plan. You can only immediately benefit from it if you will out a new withholding to reflect the $500 gift. Otherwise, you see the money in 2010 when you file your income tax return.

I say give the people cash vouchers that can only be cashed at retail outlets. If people want to spend $500 on Hamburgers or Pizza that would be fine. They could go to Frys and buy a new Laptop (preferably made/assembled in the US) and that would be fine. Income tax refunds in 2010 do nothing NOW!

All of the other major industrial plans appear to put money into the economy starting in 2010 or later (shovel in the ground time). What are we doing NOW! ! ! ! !

When this dawns on the public, the Stock Market will crash. Price to Earnings ratios are way too high to seemlogical in a protracted Recession/Depression. My money right now is all in Bonds or Cash, and it is going to stay that way for a while until Obama does something for the economy NOW!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything that I see in Obama's plan to rescue the economy lacks short term stimulus. What is he trying to do, turn a Recession into a Depression?

It's really been a depression for many American for decades. Nobody in charge gave a fuck until it started hurting the bankers.

Look at the income tax plan. You can only immediately benefit from it if you will out a new withholding to reflect the $500 gift. Otherwise, you see the money in 2010 when you file your income tax return.

Unemployed people won't get much traction out of a tax cut...they need real cash.

I say give the people cash vouchers that can only be cashed at retail outlets. If people want to spend $500 on Hamburgers or Pizza that would be fine. They could go to Frys and buy a new Laptop (preferably made/assembled in the US) and that would be fine. Income tax refunds in 2010 do nothing NOW!

AGreed. Except the first thing we chould do is close WALMARTS so all that money doesn't go to China.

All of the other major industrial plans appear to put money into the economy starting in 2010 or later (shovel in the ground time). What are we doing NOW! ! ! !
!

Excellent question...put people TO WORK and screw the small change game.

When this dawns on the public, the Stock Market will crash. Price to Earnings ratios are way too high to seemlogical in a protracted Recession/Depression. My money right now is all in Bonds or Cash, and it is going to stay that way for a while until Obama does something for the economy NOW!!!!

At this stage of the game, I'd seriously think about putting some of that money into GOLD, amigo.

Seriously.

Gold? In a Depression, even Gold will fall in value. It is a pretty metal that we like to make jewelry from. Unfortunately it is already very inflated in price.

Right now we are seeing Deflation. In a few months we will see massive INflation. At that time, I might go to gold for some of my holdings.

Gold? In a Depression, even Gold will fall in value.
Yes it will. But it WILL retain its purchasing power..unlike the money you'll be getting from those bonds and dividends.

It is a pretty metal that we like to make jewelry from. Unfortunately it is already very inflated in price.

True. But it is one of the only things that retains purchaing power in a DEFLATIONARY or INFLATIONARY period.

It is a hedge against the various ways that governments can (and inevitably seems to always) screw up their economies

Right now we are seeing Deflation. In a few months we will see massive INflation. At that time, I might go to gold for some of my holdings.

Yet we aren't seeing much DEFLATION in the price of Gold, are we?

Why?

Because Gold is the flight to safety that those what's got rush to when times are, like our are now, uncertain.

Hey, I have no money, but I follow economics much like some people follow sports.

I see NOTHING going on right now to give me confidence that we aren't headed into a massive worldwide depression.

I may not be an economist but I know that one does NOT need to be a carpenter to know the table wobbles.

Gold? In a Depression, even Gold will fall in value.
I see NOTHING going on right now to give me confidence that we aren't headed into a massive worldwide depression.

I may not be an economist but I know that one does NOT need to be a carpenter to know the table wobbles.

You are quite right. In talkinto three college economists they all say the same thing, "THIS IS THE MOST RAPID ECONOMIC FALL OFF THAT THE MODERN WORLD HAS EVER SEEN, AND IT JUST KEEPS FALLING AND FALLING AND FALLING."

They all are convinced that the rate of fall has us headed towards the worlds greatest Depression. I warn everyboedy get out of stocks or go short the market. We are going to see a Big Fall in the next few weeks.

Forum List

Back