WTF? Record poverty increase in the USA?

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
WASHINGTON – The number of people in the U.S. who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Barack Obama's watch, with the ranks of working-age poor approaching 1960s levels that led to the national war on poverty.

US poverty on track to post record gain in 2009 - Yahoo! News

Do we have anyone anywhere to vote for any longer? This is an issue that began years ago catering to the wealthy by this government. Who got most of the 'bailout' fiasco? It would seem the average citizens keeps getting screwed, for the most part, while the Anointed leaders,previous ones also, are in financial heaven.

The anticipated increase — from 13.2 percent to about 15 percent —

Bearing in mind that the offical poverty rate is absurdly low, I'd suggest that the REAL POVERTY RATE is about twice the officially declared rate.

And climbing FAST.

This is, FYI, not only bad news for the Dems, folks.

This is bad news for the nation and its bad news even for YOU who are making a good living in these hard times.

Economic not only rolls downhill....it also backs up in the system.

A LOT of formerly upper middle class people who made their incomes servicing to or selling to the poor and middle class are going to go down the socio-economic crapper, too.

But they will listen to the Conservative Media, and vote the Repubs and their failed policies back in this election. In a Democracy, we get the government that we deserve. And all too many of the newly poor seem to believe that they deserve to be poor. Or, at least, that is the way that they vote.

:eek:
I thought with the election of the boyking and his Comrades in Arms, it was going to HEAL all the sick, feed all the poor, bla bla bla

welcome to OBAMANATION.:eusa_whistle:

But they will listen to the Conservative Media, and vote the Repubs and their failed policies back in this election. In a Democracy, we get the government that we deserve. And all too many of the newly poor seem to believe that they deserve to be poor. Or, at least, that is the way that they vote.

Let me get this straight.

Poverty is climbing now, under a Democratic Congress and President, and this is the Republicans fault.

Wait a minute...I thought the so-called "war on poverty" started back in 1965, under a democrat controlled congress and a democrat president.

Yet, 45+ years and $7+ TRILLION later, poverty is even worse?!?!?...Is that supposed to be evidence of success?

yet every yea we give more and more money to foreign aid. borrow billions from china to send it to egypt and israel. as long as oru government contractors are rich I guess everyone is happy

we give israel the equivalent of 7 million dollars A DAY and yet the gov needs more of our money for taxes to pay for their bullshit

The anticipated increase — from 13.2 percent to about 15 percent —

Bearing in mind that the offical poverty rate is absurdly low, I'd suggest that the REAL POVERTY RATE is about twice the officially declared rate.

And climbing FAST.

This is, FYI, not only bad news for the Dems, folks.

This is bad news for the nation and its bad news even for YOU who are making a good living in these hard times.

Economic not only rolls downhill....it also backs up in the system.

A LOT of formerly upper middle class people who made their incomes servicing to or selling to the poor and middle class are going to go down the socio-economic crapper, too.

Not to be an ass. but isn't it possible that this increase in poverty is a direct result of the importation of Tens of Millions of poorly educated Immigrants?

just saying.

yet every yea we give more and more money to foreign aid. borrow billions from china to send it to egypt and israel. as long as oru government contractors are rich I guess everyone is happy

and how much money do you think we give in foreign aid?

and hey if you stop some, you gotta stop all, no fav's...you think barak would be down with that?

and how much money do you think we give in foreign aid?

and hey if you stop some, you gotta stop all, no fav's...you think barak would be down with that?

I hope so. it should all be cut off immediately

I wouldn't cut off the aid - rather do something even more revolutionary, something the government has never done: Spend taxpayer money as if it was their own.
If you gave $500 a year to a particular charity, and found that $400 of it went to the ruling power that is the cause of the problem in the first place - would you continue to give the money?

What America needs to do is put Palin in office and let the oil companies drill domestically here in the states and offshore everywhere. It will bring in vast revenues. Also like David Duke says, cut off welfare to minorities so they can get off their butts and work.

Wait a minute...I thought the so-called "war on poverty" started back in 1965, under a democrat controlled congress and a democrat president.

Yet, 45+ years and $7+ TRILLION later, poverty is even worse?!?!?...Is that supposed to be evidence of success?

The War on Poverty is a quagmire with no exit strategy.

Forum List

Back