WTF? (planetary 1-child law)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you've provided 0 evidenc4e for your claims and were already refuted

It's like you take some time to think of the dumbest possible response :lol:

So I guess the "fact" that copper is so readily available explains why it has become so much more expensive that people are STEALING IT from anywhere they can find it.

People are stealing it because they are dishonest lazy people who want to make a quick buck. They simply dont want to put in any actual time or work into mining and distributing.

☭proletarian☭;1805802 said:

So in your FANTASY world resources NEVER RUN OUT no matter how much need we have based on population and demand particularly the more exotic minerals such as in your computer. There MUST be some point at which even YOU think overpopulation occurs. Is it 10 BILLION 20 BILLION 40 BILLION 80 BILLION what is it?

So I guess the "fact" that copper is so readily available explains why it has become so much more expensive that people are STEALING IT from anywhere they can find it.

People are stealing it because they are dishonest lazy people who want to make a quick buck. They simply dont want to put in any actual time or work into mining and distributing.

Way to "answer" the question without accepting the premise. Copper theft has increased because copper prices have skyrocketed? Why do you suppose that is? Because we have a glut of cheap acessable copper or because copper is becoming HARDER and more EXPENSIVE to produce. Kinda shoots a hole in the idea that copper will FOREVER remain a resource at our disposal.

Kinda shoots a hole in the idea that copper will FOREVER remain a resource at our disposal.
Look at the bright side. When we run out of copper that means no more coppertop batteries like the ones proletidiot runs on.

000_1341.jpg

☭proletarian☭;1805802 said:

So in your FANTASY world resources NEVER RUN OUT no matter how much need we have based on population and demand particularly the more exotic minerals such as in your computer. QUOTE]

Damn, you're stupid...

Go read the thread over from the beginning- focus on the parts where I describe what happens when resources run out. My computer is not a mineral, btw. It's a product made from a variety of resources, including copper, silicon, steel, platinum...

Way to "answer" the question without accepting the premise. Copper theft has increased because copper prices have skyrocketed? Why do you suppose that is? Because we have a glut of cheap acessable copper or because copper is becoming HARDER and more EXPENSIVE to produce. Kinda shoots a hole in the idea that copper will FOREVER remain a resource at our disposal.

All prices are going up. That's what happens when Keynesian buffoons destroy the economy and make the dollar worth about as much as used toilet paper.

I don't recall copper theft being quite such a problem in the 70's 80's or 90's............HMMMM.
still nothing but anecdotal evidence in the form of tweakers stripping houses....

why do we waste time with you?

☭proletarian☭;1805306 said:
Maybe we'll not give them any tax deductions for not playing by the rules.

So now you no longer wish to stop people from reproducing but instead want to adopt my position and simply stop rewarding people for reproducing when they can't support their own children?
Yup, and our hypothetical descendants will need to decide a fair way to ration this out.

Rationing the right for a pregnant woman to give birth to her child without you killing the child before her eyes, killing her child in utero, or locking her away for refusing to kill her child?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people?

I would love to find a non violent way to stop ppl from over reproducing when it is painfully obvious the world is overpopulated. Violence is a last resort.

What's wrong with me? Well I see rationing out births at a replacement rate of about 2.0 per woman to be not THAT cruel. Certainly it sounds like less suffering than having folks fight for grains of rice every day.

Is it a perfect idea? No. Especially since I thought it up earlier while watching a football game.

Do you believe letting the population spike and watching folks starve and go to war is a better idea? Whenever resources get scarce all kinds of ridiculous violence and revolutions occur. Is this the alternative to my idea?

I have but one comment on all those who support this quasi-Eugenics method of population control so popular among the likes of David Rockefeller, you are aware of the last time these sorts of things were instituted on a massive scale and the end result of that yes? If not let me, me give you a little reminder.

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. Over 60 million people were killed. The tables below give a detailed country-by-country count of human losses.
World War II casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now in order to make ourselves appear educated and smarter than those that came before us, we wrap the same old Eugenics garbage inside the Global Climate change debate. I wonder is all those that advocate this nonsense will be the first to go to the clinic to have themselves fixed to save the planet or is that they wish it upon others because if the "Superior" class they belong too? In fact if you wish people to have a better life, then start with your own, and then advcocate for uplifting the millions upon millions living in poverty and advocate for education and standards of livings that equal our own rather than , thinking because we are so superior we can tell the rest of the world when and how they can procreate.

Dynamite, Navy. You nailed it.

I can accept that w/o some massive technological explosion in space colonization there is a chance we'll reach the point of a 20 billion human planet. How about 40 billion?

Perhaps at that time a universally applied "replacement voucher" system could be necessary.

Something like "117 year old Myrtle has died so now you're permitted to have a child".

Superficially I would think this would lead to about 1.9 children per couple.

Presumably if we ever reach that point in the science, we would also be able to create perfect people. Thank God I'll be long gone by whatever means by the time that happens.

forced abortions, forced sterilizations, criminalizing reproduction- this shit has nothing at all to do with science

☭proletarian☭;1801019 said:
So Laura just mentioned this and this is the first thing Google gave me

Canada’s National Newspaper calls for Worldwide One Child Policy
The “inconvenient truth” overhanging the UN’s Copenhagen conference is not that the climate is warming or cooling, but that humans are overpopulating the world.

A planetary law, such as China’s one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days.

WTF?!

The whole point of preserving the planet is so humans can continue to enjoy it, yes? Is not prescribing the forced reduction of the human population counter-intuitive? Is not the right to reproduce among the most fundamental of all rights? What if a woman ends up pregnant? Will they equire her by law to have an abortion and use physical force if she refuses? What the hell is going on in these peoples' minds?

Earth has enough resources to support the current population (and more) if the problem of distribution is overcome, and populations are self-regulatory in that no population will remain above the level that can be supported by available resources (aid counting as available resources)- leaving their arguments empty anyway.

Someone explain this to me; I just don't get it.

How many people do you think the Earth can support 10-20-30-100 BILLION? As for not overproducing you are DEAD WRONG the most impovershed countries have VERY high birth rates.

They may have high birth rates, but the life expectancy in impoverished countries struggles to get above age 50, and of course those people don't have access to all the technological gadgets which contribute to a scorched earth and dirty air.

☭proletarian☭;1804511 said:
How many people do you think the Earth can support 10-20-30-100 BILLION?

Depends on the methods used to harvest resources. Modern farming techniques enable much larger populations to be sustained, for instance.
As for not overproducing you are DEAD WRONG the most impovershed countries have VERY high birth rates.

You went from overpopulation to high birth rates. Are you retarded? Those are two different things. Population is a function of both birth and mortality, as well as em- and -immigration.

YOU are the one who CLAIMED that populations are SELF-REGULATORY and I called you out ans said BS. In FACT on the front page of my Sunday paper....."POPULATION BOOM in AFRICA traps many children in poverty"........The ONLY way mankind will "SELF REGULATE" is if we build a germ so deadly that it has a high transmition rate and a VERY high mortality rate, 80-90% and accidentally let it loose. Or mother nature may take care of that by creating her OWN bio-weapon that has similar results. HUMANS ARE, IN FACT, the ONLY species that overbreeds.

Huh? Ever watched rabbits? Let loose 10 females and one male and he can do one right after the other. Cats and dogs would breed to death if they could.

and what happens when those rabbits run out of food?

Do you think rabbits don't have to eat?

So let's see about increased food production..........HORMONES, INSECTICIDES, FERTILIZERS, GENETIC MANIPULATION........Did I mention how GREAT we thought DDT was?

Well, for every cause there's a consequence. The ban on DDT has resulted in the enormous rise in Malaria which kills millions every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back