wtf how do republicans explain this one?

The simple answer is, "they don't".

Look at Halliburton.

Thousands of Americans lose their retirement and life savings. The first thing out of Bush mouth was "they are innocent".

Halliburton has received more than 20 billion dollars in American money from the US since 2003 in no-bid contracts from the Republicans. See how it works? Halliburton rips off Americans and then those same Americans pay Halliburton even MORE. The very people that were ripped off.

Republicans protected and helped this corporation. Worse, most of those that got fucked by Halliburton, will now fuck the country by voting Republican. Isn't that hilarious?

Worst, Halliburton is all tied up with BP. Halliburton and BP fuck Americans, but Republicans do it by proxy, using Halliburton and BP.

---------------------------------------

The Securities & Exchange Commission is already investigating accounting practices at Halliburton. The company has said it is cooperating with the probe but believes it did nothing wrong.

Cheney was chairman and chief executive of Halliburton from 1995 to 2000.

Jennifer Millerwise, a Cheney spokeswoman, said: "This is a case without merit" -- a line echoed by White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

The suit was filed a day after President Bush called for higher ethical standards for corporations, stricter laws against abuses and more responsible business leaders Tuesday in the shadow of corporate misdeeds by Enron, WorldCom and other major companies.

CNN.com - Suit accuses Cheney, firm of fraudulent accounting - July 11, 2002

---------------------------------

News Flash:

Republicans win House and Senate - middle class Americans get royally screwed.

How about this?

The Plum Line - Good: Senate GOP will lift block on subpoena power against BP

Gee, it seems you are spreading more lies because the bill is actually proceeding.

First, only because an election is looming would the GOP do anything to actually help America. Even you have to admit that. Once that election is over, the GOP will once again screw this country. Like always.

Second, where did I lie? Don't come back without proving I lied.

Look at Halliburton.

Thousands of Americans lose their retirement and life savings. The first thing out of Bush mouth was "they are innocent".

Halliburton has received more than 20 billion dollars in American money from the US since 2003 in no-bid contracts from the Republicans. See how it works? Halliburton rips off Americans and then those same Americans pay Halliburton even MORE. The very people that were ripped off.

Republicans protected and helped this corporation. Worse, most of those that got fucked by Halliburton, will now fuck the country by voting Republican. Isn't that hilarious?

Worst, Halliburton is all tied up with BP. Halliburton and BP fuck Americans, but Republicans do it by proxy, using Halliburton and BP.

The Securities & Exchange Commission is already investigating accounting practices at Halliburton. The company has said it is cooperating with the probe but believes it did nothing wrong.

Jennifer Millerwise, a Cheney spokeswoman, said: "This is a case without merit" -- a line echoed by White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

The suit was filed a day after President Bush called for higher ethical standards for corporations, stricter laws against abuses and more responsible business leaders Tuesday in the shadow of corporate misdeeds by Enron, WorldCom and other major companies.

News Flash:

How about this?

Gee, it seems you are spreading more lies because the bill is actually proceeding.

First, only because an election is looming would the GOP do anything to actually help America. Even you have to admit that. Once that election is over, the GOP will once again screw this country. Like always.

Why would I have to agree with you that the GOP is doing something good only because an election is coming up? Especially since it appears that they are poised for a GREAT election cycle. What an absurd claim. Please refrain from accusing republicans of "screwing" this country after an election...you're reading from your own playbook. As soon as Bamabooey took office, he put on his favorite strap on and immediatley instructed this country to bend over and take it like a 3rd world country.

I'd be intersted in learning how many were paid off or members of this administration to take the fall in order to justify Opuka's oil industry shut-down.

He's wanted to do it from day one. I knew when he took office that he would find a way. This was like a little present to him.

What all is shut down in this situation allin babble?

You dont know do you.

How about this?

Why would I have to agree with you that the GOP is doing something good only because an election is coming up? Especially since it appears that they are poised for a GREAT election cycle. What an absurd claim. Please refrain from accusing republicans of "screwing" this country after an election...you're reading from your own playbook. As soon as Bamabooey took office, he put on his favorite strap on and immediatley instructed this country to bend over and take it like a 3rd world country.

At this point, I would be happy with the right naming a single piece of legislation during that last 10 years that DIDN'T screw the country. Just one.

Senate Republicans block BP investigation | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Senate Republicans recently blocked a bill that would give the presidential commission investigating the BP oil spill full subpoena powers in order to protect their pals in the oil industry.

how the fuck do they explain this?

they can get around it... congress can issue the supbpoenas, i'd think.... even if the committee can't.

they're getting arrogant... like they did in 2008. stupid.

I was at a BP gas station today and the cashier was loudly claiming to a customer friend of hers that of course BP wasn't at fault...it was all the fault of Haliburton.

:eusa_eh:

Look at Halliburton.

News Flash:

How about this?

First, I no more have to admit your idiocy has any base in reality than you have to admit that reality actually exists. That said, this happened weeks ago, which election was looming back then?

Second, how am I supposed to prove Bush didn't say something. The way this works is I get to call lie, and then you have to provide the link that Bush actually said Halliburton is innocent, and then prove he did not say anything between the time he heard about and he made that statement. Until you can do that I get to call you a liar.

I know you usually run away when called out, but that does not mean everyone will.

I was at a BP gas station today and the cashier was loudly claiming to a customer friend of hers that of course BP wasn't at fault...it was all the fault of Haliburton.

:eusa_eh:

Well, Ravi, you can never underestimate the value of information from gas station attendents, now can you?

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should get her name, and submit it to Ken Salazar so he may investigate.:eusa_angel:

At this point, I would be happy with the right naming a single piece of legislation during that last 10 years that DIDN'T screw the country. Just one.

I'm not "THE RIGHT," but I'd be surprised if they'd find cause to argue against the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconcilliation Act (2005)

As for me boycotting BP, I'm almost positive I never said I was.

More importantly, I vowed to buy from them for a couple of weeks if they capped the well..and they did.

Thank you President Obama! :thup:

More importantly, I vowed to buy from them for a couple of weeks if they capped the well..and they did.

I stand corrected on the boycott, then.

But you *do* realize that these little retail stores have next to nothing to do with BP, right, except that they buy their fuel from them???

(Barry says, "You're welcome") :cuckoo:

I stand corrected on the boycott, then.

But you *do* realize that these little retail stores have next to nothing to do with BP, right, except that they buy their fuel from them???

(Barry says, "You're welcome") :cuckoo:

Actually, they might not even have BP Fuel.

The major refineries supply whosever truck pulls up to their gate: A ExxonMobil refinery will fill a BP truck which will drive to the nearest BP stations to deliver fuel. Receprocity agreements reverse the arrangement for ExxonMobil trucks at a BP refinery.

None of that matters. BP's image is at stake and that is all that the employee cared about.

btw, I thought Samson had me on ignore? If I neg you again, can I go back?

Worth a try!

Forum List

Back