WTF Chuck: Working Class Spends Money On 'Booze & Women'

GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren’t Millionaires Waste Money On ‘Booze, Women’

That’s why the richest deserve a break on estate taxes, says Chuck Grassley.

In an astonishing defense of dropping “death taxes” for individual estates worth more than $5.5 million, GOP Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley implied that people not currently affected by that tax are “spending every darn penny ... on booze or women.”

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,” Grassley told the Des Moines Register in an interview published Saturday. Grassley, who serves on the Finance Committee, made the remark when asked about the Senate tax reform measure which would double the exemption for estates to $11 million for an individual and $22 million for a couple. Heirs would inherit the estates tax-free.

Grassley’s comment triggered a wave of criticism on social media. Many complained that the working class is, in fact, spending “every darn penny” on raising their kids, caring for elderly parents, health care and putting food on the table. One Twitter user complained that the GOP was turning America into a version of “The Hunger Games.”

More: GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren't Millionaires Waste Money On 'Booze, Women'

Wow! Just Wow! It takes a real neanderthal to make such an ignorant statement. However, Grassley has proven many times that he is an ignorant neanderthal.

Yeah, yeah...let's all pretend that our "poor" aren't our greatest liability. Let's pretend the 'poor' doesn't represent the majority of the folks smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, with drinking problems, drug addictions...etc etc
Come on guys...stop the madness, sack up and learn to appreciate the whole truth. Stop dumbing yourselves down for the sake of PC. Don't be scared.
Damn those cigarettes, does this include cigars and smokeless tobacco, and what about vaping?

In an astonishing defense of dropping “death taxes” for individual estates worth more than $5.5 million, GOP Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley implied that people not currently affected by that tax are “spending every darn penny ... on booze or women.”

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,” Grassley told the Des Moines Register in an interview published Saturday. Grassley, who serves on the Finance Committee, made the remark when asked about the Senate tax reform measure which would double the exemption for estates to $11 million for an individual and $22 million for a couple. Heirs would inherit the estates tax-free.

Grassley’s comment triggered a wave of criticism on social media. Many complained that the working class is, in fact, spending “every darn penny” on raising their kids, caring for elderly parents, health care and putting food on the table. One Twitter user complained that the GOP was turning America into a version of “The Hunger Games.”

More: GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren't Millionaires Waste Money On 'Booze, Women'

Wow! Just Wow! It takes a real neanderthal to make such an ignorant statement. However, Grassley has proven many times that he is an ignorant neanderthal.

Yeah, yeah...let's all pretend that our "poor" aren't our greatest liability. Let's pretend the 'poor' doesn't represent the majority of the folks smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, with drinking problems, drug addictions...etc etc
Come on guys...stop the madness, sack up and learn to appreciate the whole truth. Stop dumbing yourselves down for the sake of PC. Don't be scared.
Damn those cigarettes, does this include cigars and smokeless tobacco, and what about vaping?

I'll smoke a candy cigar during a round of golf...but I can afford the cigar and the round of golf without going into your wallet.

Do you differentiate between poor people and middle class working people?

I'll smoke a candy cigar during a round of golf...but I can afford the cigar and the round of golf without going into your wallet.
I don't keep money in my wallet.

Most people that are poor or middle class that this piece of subhuman shit is attacking spend most of their money on buying their house, car, food, medical and college for the kids...They don't have the goddamn money to spend more then a few percent of their income on shit.

Shit is exactly what the rich spend most of their money on so it is Grassleys masters that he is thinking about.

Sure...but I'm thinking who you call working class, I call poor.
What's the defining element between the two for you?

It is not "elitist" to say someone has messed up financial priorities... How many times you think I've told my kids they're wasting their money on stupid shit? Am I "elitist" against my kids?

The estate tax is nothing more than stealing from children, its money that parents saved going to their kids... Hell it hits spouses too; here you're trying to grieve the loss of your partner and the fucking gov is standing there with a proverbial gun demanding money. Then there's the "double taxation" issue; which is a double edged sword I won't get into detail on (interest not paid taxes on, but sometimes they've paid tax on it before they put it in the bank, etc.)
It's the same problem as enrolling kids in college because their parents went there. Legacies gives children of rich people unfair advantage.

execute them, bury them in a mass grave and we'll all be better off.

What a bunch of a-holes Republicans are... Ignorant and brainwashed.... Breaking for GOP dupes, we have the worst inequality of any modern country and it's not a personal problem. It's a political problem caused by the GOP obviously...

Got to love that bumper sticker mentality.

I buy tires online it's cheaper..

How long does it take you to pay off the credit card? I buy mine form a local company that has good prices, they also rotate and rebalance for free and have a killer road hazard policy, which I used extensively when I was driving commercially.

I pay with a bank card/debit card when I buy it, I don't finance tires...

Congratulations. I'd say about 70% of the people in my area couldn't say that.

It's because regular people are screwed these days. It gets worse under the GOP for regular people d u h...

WOW...that's fucked up.
Just give the habitual bottom feeders a tent, a fishing pole and a bus ticket to a resource rich forest somewhere far, far away and wish them luck.

Sure...but I'm thinking who you call working class, I call poor.
What's the defining element between the two for you?

I'm not the one trashing them. Let's hear your differentiation.

WOW...that's fucked up.
Just give the habitual bottom feeders a tent, a fishing pole and a bus ticket to a resource rich forest somewhere far, far away and wish them luck.
How about a college degree instead?

I'm going to have to disagree with the entire premise that "non rich" folk are screwed in America.

The reality is that there are shit tons of businesses out there who are looking for people to fill positions that pay good money. The jobs, the opportunity, is there; you maybe can't find it "where you are." I'm speaking generally here, but I'll try to explain. That is to say, for example, I wanted to be an architect, but there's almost no architect jobs up here in Alaska and I wasn't willing to leave Alaska for whatever reason so there it is - I /chose/ not to be an architect even though the jobs /are/ out there, they're not where I am.

The secondary kind of problem with these good jobs that are open is that they might require a certain level of responsibility or dedication that a lot of folks aren't willing to give - for example, I wanted to have kids so I wasn't going to take on a CEO job that required me to be away from home all the time - I /chose/ not to be a CEO, but the job is out there.

RE education: There are indeed some great jobs that folks need an education for no doubt, but there's also a lot that just require some dedication and patience. Two of my boys elected /not/ to go to college, even though we saved for them to go and had the money set aside for them; they both got on the job training + $20/h pay. A degree is not a guarantee that you will get a good job, if you're not willing to go where the job is then the degree is actually a bit of a "liability" for you personally (the costs and the bill part is most certainly a "liability" to your future.) Sure a degree might help you get a good job (it looks great on paper to those doing the hiring,) but it's not 100% "necessary" to get a good job. Hell given the crap happening with colleges this past year, I would not be at all surprised if some college degrees are actually looked at as a negative by some business owners (I know a couple business folk who have stated that they'd never hire someone who graduated in California - I disagree with their premise [because of the shit happpening down there this past year] (that is borderline discrimination, it is total generalization, etc in my book) but I'm just giving that as an example. There's probably some business folk who wouldn't consider a degree from a "fly-over state" as worth a shit too.)

WOW...that's fucked up.

Haha...just give them one huh?
Were our "poor" not provided with options?
Free public school k-12 > Free college and or interest free loans?
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."
"You can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse."

WOW...that's fucked up.

True, and look at how many folks are dropping out of "free HS" - the reality is that there's always gonna be a percentage of folks who don't find education (HS degree, college degree) worth their time.

I'm going to have to disagree with the entire premise that "non rich" folk are screwed in America.

The reality is that there are shit tons of businesses out there who are looking for people to fill positions that pay good money. The jobs, the opportunity, is there; you maybe can't find it "where you are." I'm speaking generally here, but I'll try to explain. That is to say, for example, I wanted to be an architect, but there's almost no architect jobs up here in Alaska and I wasn't willing to leave Alaska for whatever reason so there it is - I /chose/ not to be an architect even though the jobs /are/ out there, they're not where I am.

The secondary kind of problem with these good jobs that are open is that they might require a certain level of responsibility or dedication that a lot of folks aren't willing to give - for example, I wanted to have kids so I wasn't going to take on a CEO job that required me to be away from home all the time - I /chose/ not to be a CEO, but the job is out there.

RE education: There are indeed some great jobs that folks need an education for no doubt, but there's also a lot that just require some dedication and patience. Two of my boys elected /not/ to go to college, even though we saved for them to go and had the money set aside for them; they both got on the job training + $20/h pay. A degree is not a guarantee that you will get a good job, if you're not willing to go where the job is then the degree is actually a bit of a "liability" for you personally (the costs and the bill part is most certainly a "liability" to your future.) Sure a degree might help you get a good job (it looks great on paper to those doing the hiring,) but it's not 100% "necessary" to get a good job. Hell given the crap happening with colleges this past year, I would not be at all surprised if some college degrees are actually looked at as a negative by some business owners (I know a couple business folk who have stated that they'd never hire someone who graduated in California - I disagree with their premise [because of the shit happpening down there this past year] (that is borderline discrimination, it is total generalization, etc in my book) but I'm just giving that as an example. There's probably some business folk who wouldn't consider a degree from a "fly-over state" as worth a shit too.)

Why do Republicans keep trying to fuck over them and make their lives worse instead of better? Policies do matter.

WOW...that's fucked up.

True, and look at how many folks are dropping out of "free HS" - the reality is that there's always gonna be a percentage of folks who don't find education (HS degree, college degree) worth their time.

Exactly!
And it's the fault of the socialists who have manifested the belief system among the poor that "welfare" is their right and not just a "fund" designed to help good hard working people who have fallen on hard times.

Why do Republicans keep trying to fuck over them and make their lives worse instead of better? Policies do matter.

No one is trying to fuck over anyone you dolt.

The R's believe that lowering taxes on the rich and on businesses is good for the economy, and will offer better jobs to the poor, and also bring up the middle class as well.

Just because /you/ don't believe their plan will work, doesn't NOT mean they are "trying to fuck over" anyone...

I see we have the usual suspects, (Trumpsters), pretending that they are not in the economic sector, that Grassley just insulted.
Most of you losers spend a ton of time on USMB, writing nothing but over-used talking points, indicating a low educational level.
The people, who Grassley suggested deserve humongous tax breaks, wouldn't ever be on a political message board, let alone posting talking points redundantly.
You Trumpsters, are the people Grassley just insulted. Exactly, who in the fuck do you think you're fooling? :dunno:

Forum List

Back