WSJ Post-Debate Poll: Biden Up by 14

Lol just lol

Here's my post below in the ORIGINAL THREAD where I show that on October 10 2016 the SAME WSJ/NBC Poll had Hillary leading by 14 points my post # 32 also read my post # 33 where I post the poll from October 26 2016 that has an Associated Press Poll that has Hillary leading also by 14 points and of course 12 days later the Election Result was Hillary 48% Trump 46%

Seems like an outlier, what they had 50% democrats to 35% republicans in this poll?

Most of those other polls happened before the debates...

Frankly, it's not a pretty picture..

Actually no the polls were taken AFTER the Debate and this WSJ/NBC Poll also was taken after the debate, illustrating your reading comprehension problems here it is:

1601832547333.png

Okay, polls don't matter today!

Perhaps Mac you could do something else in threads EXCEPT just Troll the thread. You are literally adding zero to any threads, you are just basically Trolling a variety of threads.

Just as a reminder, all the polls were forecasting a blow-out in the 2018 House elections, and it was the worst defeat for the Republicans in the House in 44 years. The polls underestimated the extent of the Republican's defeat.

The same people who are saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" were the same ones saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" in 2018.

BTW I never thought the Republicans would win The House in 2018, but I did say I thought they would keep The Senate and yes I maintain my position about the 2016 Presidential Election Polls being wrong saying that Hillary would win both the Popular Vote and the Electoral College Vote and like they did not entertain the situation in 2016 of the Silent Trump Voters that the 2016 Polls did NOT pick up they are in 2020 also ignoring the situation of the Silent Trump Voters who all these 2020 Polls are not picking up.

There were no silent Trump voters in 2016. Trump won for 2 reasons.
1. Minority voters did not turn out in large numbers and that had a profound effect in Pennsylvania and Michigan.
2. Voters hated both Clinton and Trump. Trump won that vote.

When you look at Clinton's vote totals she was weak even in states she won. Comparing Romney's vote to Clinton's vote, Romney would have won 261 electoral votes and been close in several others.

Well, Well... Isn't that special... A poll that over samples democrats by 15% that shows Biden winning by 14%....

YAWN,,,,,,,

The sample is 45% Democrat 36% Republican. That is 9 points moron. There are more Democrats than there are Republicans in the country as a whole.

Well all be all those red states have a higher democrat registration....I thought all those racists became republican....how weird..... the us is 6% more democrat, then you add into the fact that many of the dems vote republican and it's much much closer, but hey keep thinking you have that big of a lead, I'm cool with it.

Well Well WELL - Looks like Donald didn't do himself any favors last Tuesday. :cool:

WASHINGTON — Joe Biden’s national lead over President Donald Trump nearly doubled after Tuesday’s presidential debate, with voters saying by a 2-to-1 margin that Biden has the better temperament to be president, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.​
The poll was conducted in the two days after the unruly and insult-filled Sept. 29 debate, but before Trump tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.​
The Democratic nominee is now ahead of Trump by 14 points among registered voters, 53 percent to 39 percent — up from his 8-point lead in the previous poll before the debate.​

That 14-point advantage represents Biden’s largest lead in the NBC News/WSJ poll during the entirety of the 2020 presidential campaign; his previous high was 11 points in July.​

Hillary by a landslide.
Can't lose....she had 98% from the Huff Po and Nate Silver had like 80% The NYT had 90+%, no way she can lose that......oooooooops

It's the biggest deficit for Trump in that poll yet.

Yes he had the EXACT SAME 14 point deficit on October 10 2016 in the NBC/WSJ Poll and the EXACT SAME 14 point deficit in the Associated Press Poll on October 26 2016.

The situation is It's The Economy Stupid and until the crazy situation with DAMAGING COVID-19 Lockdowns the American Economy was doing very well. Now who are the peoples going to trust to keep the American Economy moving? Joe Biden who hasn't got a CLUE except to raise taxes and he's said he would do ANOTHER damaging Lockdown which would further damage the American Economy and lose more jobs and probably lose more jobs to China OR Donald Trump to keep the American Economy afloat and do things to encourage more job creation? Who are they going to trust on the Economy? Like I said It's The Economy Stupid. Donald Trump brought more jobs back to Michigan and Pennsylvania and Ohio since 2017, Joe Biden would destroy those jobs with another Lockdown or outsourcing to China.

One big difference is that in 2016, the number of people who were undecided was 13-15%.

Today, it’s half that.

So the runway for Trump to make up ground is much more limited today compared to the last election.

In 2016, the Democratic candidate was hated and Trump was unknown.

Now, the Democratic candidate isn’t hated and Trump is known.

Perhaps Mac you could do something else in threads EXCEPT just Troll the thread. You are literally adding zero to any threads, you are just basically Trolling a variety of threads.
Actually I was making a very specific point, and you appear to know what that point is. So you complained. Not my problem.

If my point is too complicated for you, just let me know, I will try to simplify it for you.

They never do....I know the poll cycle, it will be big leads for dems until the week of the election
That week they will shrink to high single digits
The day of NOV3, they will get to less than 5%
Exit polls will come in saying DEM landslide

but the votes come in and the pub gets much much better results. 2012 was one anomaly to that. Outside of that it is very similar.

Just as a reminder, all the polls were forecasting a blow-out in the 2018 House elections, and it was the worst defeat for the Republicans in the House in 44 years. The polls underestimated the extent of the Republican's defeat.

The same people who are saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" were the same ones saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" in 2018.

BTW I never thought the Republicans would win The House in 2018, but I did say I thought they would keep The Senate and yes I maintain my position about the 2016 Presidential Election Polls being wrong saying that Hillary would win both the Popular Vote and the Electoral College Vote and like they did not entertain the situation in 2016 of the Silent Trump Voters that the 2016 Polls did NOT pick up they are in 2020 also ignoring the situation of the Silent Trump Voters who all these 2020 Polls are not picking up.

1. Minority voters did not turn out in large numbers and that had a profound effect in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

When you look at Clinton's vote totals she was weak even in states she won. Comparing Romney's vote to Clinton's vote, Romney would have won 261 electoral votes and been close in several others.

There WERE Silent Trump voters in 2016, Silent Trump voters who ALL the Polls did NOT think even existed.

I agree that Minority voters did not turn out in the numbers the Hillary Campaign thought they would, but in many Polls I have seen recently Trump still has his 11% Black Vote he got in 2016 and there was a recent Poll that said his support with Hispanics is up to 34% yes I KNOW what you will possibly respond to this, but REMEMBER I am sceptical myself about ALL Polls because ALL the Polls in 2016 were wildly inaccurate both with the Popular Vote and especially with the Electoral College Vote, Hillary did not win the PV by double digits the result was Hillary 48% Trump 46% and Hillary did not win the EC that was Trump and NO 2016 Poll that I know of showed Trump winning the EC they all seemed to show Hillary winning the PV and the EC vote.

I agree with the commentary below. I think this poll is a knee-jerk reaction to Trump's poor showing at the debate. I think Biden is going to win but not by 14.

Mr. Biden, the Democratic nominee, leads the president, 53% to 39%, among registered voters in the new poll, which was conducted in the two days following the debate but before news emerged that Mr. Trump had tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Biden’s 14-point lead compares with an 8-point advantage last month and 11 points in July, which was his largest of the campaign at that time. ...​
Bill McInturff, a Republican pollster who directed the survey with Democrat Jeff Horwitt, cautioned that the poll was conducted during an unsettled moment after the caustic presidential debate—“a shock to the system,” he called it—and could reflect a temporary reassessment of views. “The public can be taking a moment to say, ‘What did I just see, and how do I feel about it?’” he said. Mr. Trump could regain ground, Mr. McInturff said, given that “he has a history of bouncing back to some set point.” ...​
Messrs. Horwitt and McInturff said one factor was the debate, a decorum-destroying event in which the two candidates traded insults and continually talked over each other, with Mr. Trump interrupting his opponent more often. About three-quarters of voters said the event made no difference to their vote. But among the other 25%, a bigger share said the debate made them more likely to support Mr. Biden than Mr. Trump.​
While 84% of Democrats said Mr. Biden did a better job in the debate, 54% of Republicans said so of the president. Overall, half of voters said Mr. Biden performed better, with a quarter saying Mr. Trump did. Some 17% said neither candidate did well.​
Asked more broadly about the candidates’ personal qualities, voters by a two-to-one margin said Mr. Biden was better at displaying “the right temperament to be president,” 58% to 26%.​
“It is clear that the debate, and Mr. Trump’s behavior during it, reinforced the negative side of Mr. Trump personally for many respondents,” said Mr. Horwitt. He said the president “lost the American people on style more than substance.”​

LOL Hillary was up by 98 in the fake media

I agree with the commentary below. I think this poll is a knee-jerk reaction to Trump's poor showing at the debate. I think Biden is going to win but not by 14.

Mr. Biden, the Democratic nominee, leads the president, 53% to 39%, among registered voters in the new poll, which was conducted in the two days following the debate but before news emerged that Mr. Trump had tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Biden’s 14-point lead compares with an 8-point advantage last month and 11 points in July, which was his largest of the campaign at that time. ...​
Bill McInturff, a Republican pollster who directed the survey with Democrat Jeff Horwitt, cautioned that the poll was conducted during an unsettled moment after the caustic presidential debate—“a shock to the system,” he called it—and could reflect a temporary reassessment of views. “The public can be taking a moment to say, ‘What did I just see, and how do I feel about it?’” he said. Mr. Trump could regain ground, Mr. McInturff said, given that “he has a history of bouncing back to some set point.” ...​
Messrs. Horwitt and McInturff said one factor was the debate, a decorum-destroying event in which the two candidates traded insults and continually talked over each other, with Mr. Trump interrupting his opponent more often. About three-quarters of voters said the event made no difference to their vote. But among the other 25%, a bigger share said the debate made them more likely to support Mr. Biden than Mr. Trump.​
While 84% of Democrats said Mr. Biden did a better job in the debate, 54% of Republicans said so of the president. Overall, half of voters said Mr. Biden performed better, with a quarter saying Mr. Trump did. Some 17% said neither candidate did well.​
Asked more broadly about the candidates’ personal qualities, voters by a two-to-one margin said Mr. Biden was better at displaying “the right temperament to be president,” 58% to 26%.​
“It is clear that the debate, and Mr. Trump’s behavior during it, reinforced the negative side of Mr. Trump personally for many respondents,” said Mr. Horwitt. He said the president “lost the American people on style more than substance.”​

The sad part for you Toro and your ilk, is how blind you are to the MSM bias...

Based on this alone we wouldn’t have a President Trump, how could so many so called experts be so wrong? Oh I almost forgot, Russia got him elected with a $150K worth of messages on Facebook...

I don’t think anyone believes Biden will win by 14 points, but clearly Trump is currently fucked in terms of polls. All the GOP can do is cheat like they are trying to do in Texas. They are fucking scum.

That’s exactly correct.

What you saw in 2016 in the MW was Hillary’s vote collapse in several states as blacks stayed home.

The difference between Trump’s margin of victory in MI and PA was less than the decline in black voting.

In WI and MI, the decline in Hillary’s vote was greater than the increase in Trump and 3rd party voters combined.

What’s very different today is what’s happening to college-educated whites. Republicans have won college-educated whites in every single Presidential election since polling began. Trump won them by 5% in 2016. In polling today, he’s trailing by ~15%, including swings of up to 30% for college-educated white women. This is consistent with what happened in 2018.

The sad part for you Toro and your ilk, is how blind you are to the MSM bias...

Based on this alone we wouldn’t have a President Trump, how could so many so called experts be so wrong? Oh I almost forgot, Russia got him elected with a $150K worth of messages on Facebook...

I’m just reading the data.

Forum List

Back