WSJ: Himalayan Glaciers Are Melting at Furious Rate, New Study Shows

We don't need any more hysterical reactions from the far right. It's not all Trump's fault. Industrialization of this world began in
You have to love the use of hyperbole from the OP. Furious. Too funny. The temperature has increased by less than a degree in a thousand years and that is causing ice to melt furiously. :rofl:
I don't know where you get your figures from but I looked it up on Wikipedia and the Earth's temperature has risen by 0.14 degrees Fahrenheit per decade since 1880 warming at twice the rate the last 40 years at 0.32° Fahrenheit per decade since 1981 that adds up to quite a lot. That's 1.68° Fahrenheit just in since 1981.

Don't get hysterical. It's not all trump's fault. The industrial revolution started in 1760. The entire human race has been ravaging this planet horrifically ever since then. We are all responsible and we will all pay the price there's no escaping this. Every model they come out with on climate change has been broken. The actual damages the actual results have been worse. And everyone is making efforts that look good on paper but I don't know how much good they're actually doing. The future will determine how well a job we did. The one thing for certain about this life is change and we're going to see big changes, unfortunately they're not all for the better.

Definitely part of the problem. Short from all the power plants and all the factories producing goods for the rest of the world. Goods that the rest of the world are practically dependent upon now. But yes try to blame them individually. Use them as a scapegoat. Don't allow the blame to fall on the entire human race was continued rape of this planet.

So China has enough money to build nuclear weapons, a space program and manufacture Bioweapons, but they're never held responsible for their world leading CO2 emissions -- cuz per capita, right?

We don't need any more hysterical reactions from the far right. It's not all Trump's fault. Industrialization of this world began in

I don't know where you get your figures from but I looked it up on Wikipedia and the Earth's temperature has risen by 0.14 degrees Fahrenheit per decade since 1880 warming at twice the rate the last 40 years at 0.32° Fahrenheit per decade since 1981 that adds up to quite a lot. That's 1.68° Fahrenheit just in since 1981.

How the fuck can you say "Earth's temperature has risen by 0.14 degrees Fahrenheit per decade since 1880" when we do not have accurate records back in 1880? Sounds like Bernie Madoff handles your accounting

So China has enough money to build nuclear weapons, a space program and manufacture Bioweapons, but they're never held responsible for their world leading CO2 emissions -- cuz per capita, right?
We can't get our own government to accept responsibility for the situation. How on Earth you expect anyone here to force other Nations to be responsible. I'm very concerned that no concrete efforts will be made until it's almost too late until there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the world is changing and it's not for the better.

We can't get our own government to accept responsibility for the situation. How on Earth you expect anyone here to force other Nations to be responsible. I'm very concerned that no concrete efforts will be made until it's almost too late until there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the world is changing and it's not for the better.
It's already too late and we are in minimization mode./
The last decent chance would have been Gore 2000.
Now it's trying to limit temp and sea level rise and capping emissions that are still rising and guaranteed to make a mess by 2060 and very big mess/large dislocation by 2100 or before.

`

Last edited:
It's already too late and we are in minimization mode./
The last decent chance would have been Gore 2000.
Now it's trying to limit temp and sea level rise and capping emissions that are still rising and guaranteed to make a mess by 2060 and very big mess/large dislocation by 2100 or before.

`
I understand that, all these stupid Republicans think they have a problem with immigration now, wait till there's a hundred million or more knocking at our door. That will be a real invasion. I'm glad I'm not going to be around when the shit hits the fan.

I understand that, all these stupid Republicans think they have a problem with immigration now, wait till there's a hundred million or more knocking at our door. That will be a real invasion. I'm glad I'm not going to be around when the shit hits the fan.
Not to mention Internal refugees, especially from the Gulf and SE coasts... 'soon.'
`

Not to mention Internal refugees, especially from the Gulf and SE coasts... 'soon.'
`
All those barrier Islands just a couple feet above sea level that millions of Americans have built their homes on could be underwater overnight practically especially if that ice sheet in Antarctica breaks off and collapses into the ocean. There was ice sheets are hundreds of feet high and they're massive. That one you're talking about now is the size of Florida and I've heard different calculations on how high it just that one alone will raise the oceans from 19 in up to 10 ft. Goodbye Florida, goodbye Louisiana, goodbye Galveston and Houston. It'll all be way too much. I've often wondered how much sea levels would have to raise for the Salton Sea in California to become part of the ocean again. It wouldn't be that much, all that line down there is really flat and the Salton Sea is far below sea level so that would be a sight to see the ocean rushing into fill the depression. Of all the nations, the one I fear for most is Bangladesh. They have a huge population and all their lands are on the deltas of the great rivers of Northern India. India is already overpopulated, where can I go ? Who would accept that many people ?

While everyone is focusing on Antarctica and Greenland, S Asia could lose much of it's Ag due to AGW.

""Glaciers across the Himalayas are melting at an extraordinary rate, with new research showing that the vast ice sheets there shrank 10 times faster in the past 40 years than during the previous seven centuries.

Avalanches, flooding and other effects of the accelerating loss of ice imperil residents in India, Nepal and Bhutan and threaten to disrupt agriculture for hundreds of millions of people across South Asia, according to the researchers. And since water from melting glaciers contributes to sea-level rise, glacial ice loss in the Himalayas also adds to the threat of inundation and related problems faced by coastal communities around the world.

“This part of the world is changing faster than perhaps anybody realized,” said Jonathan Carrivick, a University of Leeds glaciologist and the co-author of a paper detailing the research published Monday in the journal Scientific Reports. “It’s not just that the Himalayas are changing really fast, it’s that they’re changing ever faster.”
[.....]
The new finding comes as there is scientific consensus that ice loss from glaciers and polar ice sheets results from rising global temperatures caused by greenhouse-gas emissions from the burning of fossil fuels."..."
[.....]
[.....]

Since enviro radicals are unwilling to go nuclear I cant take their feigned hysteria seriously

Since enviro radicals are unwilling to go nuclear I cant take their feigned hysteria seriously
The only Hysteria I see is coming from those who deny climate change. The climate change people keep giving us more and more examples of how it is affecting us and they're doing it in a calm manner.

I understand that, all these stupid Republicans think they have a problem with immigration now, wait till there's a hundred million or more knocking at our door.

Illegal aliens come here and emit much more CO2 than they did back in their shithole country.

We need to boot 30 million illegal aliens, now. To save the planet.

Why do you hate the planet?

The only Hysteria I see is coming from those who deny climate change. The climate change people keep giving us more and more examples of how it is affecting us and they're doing it in a calm manner.

Why don't they calmly support new nuclear power plants?

Yes, but did you see her outfit? She was asking for it.
Funny but again not funny. Did you change the wording on what I said ? I went back and looked, because what I said or at least meant to say and I did see it in one of my posts was essentially that, the blame belongs to the entire human race for the continued rape of the planet. That makes significant difference from the wording you posted. We all share the blame for what has happened, especially the advanced nations of the West. I don't think natives on the Pacific Islands added very much to the problem.

Why would they want to come here? Canada would be be a lot more habitable!

How the fuck can you say "Earth's temperature has risen by 0.14 degrees Fahrenheit per decade since 1880" when we do not have accurate records back in 1880? Sounds like Bernie Madoff handles your accounting
Quartz>why-does-all-our-climate-data-start-in-1880?-Quartz August17,2017 read and learn.

Why don't they calmly support new nuclear power plants?
I'm neutral on the issue, but I live less than 10 mi away from a decommissioned nuclear power plant. I was sorry to see it decommissioned. I'd much prefer a nuclear power plant over a coal-powered electric plant. I just don't know enough about it. The one around here ran clean and safely for 40 years. That was definitely a plus. I don't know what they did with the waste, we were in a compact with several other states but somehow that fell through and I don't know whatever happened.

I'm neutral on the issue, but I live less than 10 mi away from a decommissioned nuclear power plant. I was sorry to see it decommissioned. I'd much prefer a nuclear power plant over a coal-powered electric plant. I just don't know enough about it. The one around here ran clean and safely for 40 years. That was definitely a plus. I don't know what they did with the waste, we were in a compact with several other states but somehow that fell through and I don't know whatever happened.
I remember when they built it. It was an advanced design at the time and could have been meant with only 40 or 60 people but then the government stepped in and there's of course they said you need twice as many people could properly run it. Whatever, they hired more people. In the long run I'm sure that made it less productive. Is that industry over regulated ? Probably like everything else.

Funny but again not funny. Did you change the wording on what I said ? I went back and looked, because what I said or at least meant to say and I did see it in one of my posts was essentially that, the blame belongs to the entire human race for the continued rape of the planet. That makes significant difference from the wording you posted. We all share the blame for what has happened, especially the advanced nations of the West. I don't think natives on the Pacific Islands added very much to the problem.

Funny but again not funny.

It was hilarious!!!

Did you change the wording on what I said ?

Did I?

the blame belongs to the entire human race for the continued rape of the planet.

She should call the planet police.

That makes significant difference from the wording you posted.

Does it?

We all share the blame for what has happened, especially the advanced nations of the West.

Yup. So how many new nuke plants should we build?

Forum List

Back