Wrong Again: 2020’s Failed Climate Doomsaying

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Junk Science

2020 has been the wildest and most unpredictable year in the memory of most people. But did the climate doom that was predicted to occur in or by 2020 materialize? What follows are 10 predictions made for 2020 and what really happened. As it turns out, climate doomsayers weren’t seeing so 20-20 when it came to 2020.

Excerpt:

1608355528660.png

1. Average Global Temperature

1987: NASA’s James Hansen predicts world 3C warmer by 2020.

2020Hansen-728x273.png

2020 Reality: Average temp only 0.44C higher.

1608355631620.png

The rest of the climate prediction failures HERE

=======

CO2 bogeyman failed again, when is that boy ever going to get on the job?

no credible scientist predicts a single number for a 2 decade span, neither did hansen...
he had 3 models low/mid/high and they were beyond accurate, predicted everything as they happened...

clueless climate retards however take one number out of its context and try to hide their stupidity behind it...

you can lie as much as you like, but the fact is that you cant lie against a warming globe anymore and thats a tell for anyone interested in the subject beyond politics and ignorance surrounding it...

no credible scientist predicts a single number for a 2 decade span, neither did hansen...
he had 3 models low/mid/high and they were beyond accurate, predicted everything as they happened...

clueless climate retards however take one number out of its context and try to hide their stupidity behind it...

you can lie as much as you like, but the fact is that you cant lie against a warming globe anymore and thats a tell for anyone interested in the subject beyond politics and ignorance surrounding it...

:auiqs.jpg:

Another warmist/alarmist being wrong again!

I haven't disputed a warming trend, what make you think otherwise?

You ignored what Dr. Hansen Stated in the article, which means you are in denial over it. He DID predict a 3C warmer by 2020, it is a matter of record, which YOU can't explain away.

You haven't demonstrated a lie at all here......

I think you need to spend more time reading and less time pushing your ideology since you stumbled badly here with your stupid lie accusations..

Last edited:

You ignored what Dr. Hansen Stated in the article, which means you are in denial over it. He DID predict a 3C warmer by 2020, it is a matter of record, which YOU can't explain away.

I think you need to spend more time reading and less time pushing your ideology since you stumbled badly here with your stupid lie accusations..

denial of the stupid:
in the beginning: "what warming, you guys are delusional..."
10 years later: "ahhh, that warming, pfff, thats not man made..."
another 10 years: "ahh ok, we may have an impact on it but not that much, cmon..."

Junk Science

2020 has been the wildest and most unpredictable year in the memory of most people. But did the climate doom that was predicted to occur in or by 2020 materialize? What follows are 10 predictions made for 2020 and what really happened. As it turns out, climate doomsayers weren’t seeing so 20-20 when it came to 2020.

Excerpt:

View attachment 431015

2020Hansen-728x273.png

View attachment 431016

=======

Meteorologist meteorologist give me the news, for I have a bad case of the doomsday blues!

Junk Science

Excerpt:

View attachment 431015

2020Hansen-728x273.png

View attachment 431016

=======

I though we were suppose to have drown by now or grown gills. But Joe giving $2 trillion to those cons he will save us all so the least we can do is disarm for Crusty, Ain'[t that right you looney leftist?

This thread is just another example of bed wetting liberals ignoring facts and asserting the truth of the issue is somehow false. It blows my mind that these parasites can continue to insist climate doomsday is just a few years around the corner for the last 40 years unless we regress into the stone age.

Human beings are making absolutely no fucking difference on this planet using fossil fuels.

Period. It's not even worthy of discussion at this point.

If it was, then all of the elitist assholes that use most of it would stop.

There wouldn't be a lucid human being investing billions of dollars into beach resorts on islands around the world.

Venice would have been evacuated years ago.

It was bullshit before Ira Einhorn murdered his girlfriend and stuffed her in a suitcase after founding "earthday" and it's still bullshit now.

Junk Science

Excerpt:

View attachment 431015

2020Hansen-728x273.png

View attachment 431016

=======

But a lot of prog elites sure did make tons of money on the suckers who gave them to save the planet...

When you insult the Global Warming Zelots with facts, they get down right fanatical...

This thread is just another example of bed wetting liberals ignoring facts and asserting the truth of the issue is somehow false. It blows my mind that these parasites can continue to insist climate doomsday is just a few years around the corner for the last 40 years unless we regress into the stone age.

Human beings are making absolutely no fucking difference on this planet using fossil fuels.

Period. It's not even worthy of discussion at this point.

If it was, then all of the elitist assholes that use most of it would stop.

There wouldn't be a lucid human being investing billions of dollars into beach resorts on islands around the world.

Venice would have been evacuated years ago.

It was bullshit before Ira Einhorn murdered his girlfriend and stuffed her in a suitcase after founding "earthday" and it's still bullshit now.

I thought Einhorn missed the most important field goal in Dolphin history?

So how much do we need to raise taxes by this time to fix this problem?

PS - Nice avatar of Manchelle Obama

denial of the stupid:
another 10 years: "ahh ok, we may have an impact on it but not that much, cmon..."

You are so far off the rails now, no desire to discuss the article at all.

The article made specific claims, then they post specific evidence to support it.

Your reaction is one of irrational anger and insults, it is clear you have NOTHING to offer for a counterpoint to the article.

The article remains unchallenged

Have you read Hansen (1988)? ... that cute little chart in The Guardian's article has been adjusted using empirical data collected between 1988 and 2017 ... why do you think the predictions made in 1988 are accurate? ...

Have you read Hansen (1988)? ... that cute little chart in The Guardian's article has been adjusted using empirical data collected between 1988 and 2017 ... why do you think the predictions made in 1988 are accurate? ...

because it successfully predicted a warming planet, despite all the denial from folks like yourself...
same folks now accept a warming planet but argue on the degree of it... :)

ignorance is a bliss...
up until you have to pay the price for it of course...

just like how it worked in the case of covid;
anti-science lunatics first ignored it...
then played it down by claiming it would burn out by may...
then claimed it would not be anything more than a flu...
now blaming the people who warned them of the big catastrophe they caused by their ignorance to begin with...

same timeline will follow for the climate change...

denial of the stupid:

By the way as Reinydays reminded me, have YOU read the ORIGINAL 1988 paper Hansen produced?

Your reply indicates that you never have.

Here is a much better presentation of the data, one part the Guardian completely left out since the amount of CO2 emissions was higher than his best scenario A for CO2 emissions.

Hansen’s 1988 Predictions Redux
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

Selected excerpt:

hansen-1988-Predictions.png

ORIGINAL CAPTION: Fig. 3. Annual mean global surface air temperature computed for trace gas scenarios A, B, and C described in reference 1. [Scenario A assumes continued growth rates of trace gas emissions typical of the past 20 years, i.e., about 1.5% yr^-1 emission growth; scenario B has emission rates approximately fixed at current rates; scenario C drastically reduces trace gas emissions between 1990 and 2000.] The shaded range is an estimate of global temperature during the peak of the current and previous interglacial periods, about 6,000 and 120,000 years before present, respectively. The zero point for observations is the 1951-1980 mean (reference 6); the zero point for the model is the control run mean.

(snip)

This shows that Hansen’s estimate of future CO2 emissions was quite close, although the reality was ~ 25% MORE annual increase in CO2 than Hansen estimated. As a result, his computer estimate for Scenario A should have shown a bit more warming than we see in Figure 1 above.

The rest in the link

red bolding mine

=======

Can you figure out where the Guardian and warmists/alarmists screwed up on?

Last edited:
because it successfully predicted a warming planet, despite all the denial from folks like yourself...

ignorance is a bliss...

now blaming the people who warned them of the big catastrophe they caused by their ignorance to begin with...

So you haven't read the scientific paper ... I see ... so your claims as to what it said are based on ignorance ... if the predictions were correct in 1988, why does The Guardian have to correct them in 2017? ... The Guardian article is so screwed up, they actually deleted the link to the paper ... I had to hunt down the abstract ... something you apparently cannot do for yourself ... commercial media leading you by your nose ring ... not a clue about what " 10º x 8º " means ... sad ...

I recognized the dangers of SARS back in 2004 ... where have you been? ...

ignorance is a bliss...

So you haven't read the scientific paper ... I see ... so your claims as to what it said are based on ignorance ... if the predictions were correct in 1988, why does The Guardian have to correct them in 2017? ... The Guardian article is so screwed up, they actually deleted the link to the paper ... I had to hunt down the abstract ... something you apparently cannot do for yourself ... commercial media leading you by your nose ring ... not a clue about what " 10º x 8º " means ... sad ...

so what you are saying is: the planet is not warming up...
that must be what you are claiming if you are refuting a study that suggests exactly that...

you probably dont even have a clue what you are arguing, do you...

sars ha...
you predicted the covid would burn out by may...
you predicted it was not gonna be as bad as flu...

how are those predictions holding out for you...

and now you expect people to believe your ill predictions about the climate...

actually wait...
you dont have any predictions, do you... :)

ignorance is a bliss...

so what you are saying is: the planet is not warming up...
that must be what you are claiming if you are refuting a study that suggests exactly that...

you probably dont even have a clue what you are arguing, do you...

sars ha...
you predicted the covid would burn out by may...
you predicted it was not gonna be as bad as flu...

how are those predictions holding out for you...

and now you expect people to believe your ill predictions about the climate...

actually wait...
you dont have any predictions, do you... :)

You can try to deflect ... but the question remains ... did you notice the link in your article is broken? ... obviously not ... you're just repeating someone else's ignorance ...

I haven't been making any predictions about SARS ... more ignorance on your part ... I'm waiting for the science to be published ...

Forum List

Back