Wow!

Darling I have no party. I am an unenrolled registered voter in Mass and have been for years. No letters after my name. I despise political parties. So never assume you have me pegged. You will be wrong. I have changed my position on several issues over the last few years. Not being committed to any party speak or talking points allows me immense freedoms to follow my heart and MY beliefs.

Then politically, you're a non-entity, so why do you bother coming to a political message board? But I think you really do know who you are, because just invoking the label "rhino" you are subtly confessing your right-wing leanings but you just don't want to admit it.

Oh please lady. I have been on political boards since 2001. I evolved over the years. But a word to you, as long as I have a vote and I do I am very much a factor in the political world. So your knee jerk stereotypical assumptions aside mean zip since I know me better than you do. Not associating with a national party is a reflection my vote is earned not expected.

Strangely enough, I'm cut from the same cloth. But I do take strong stances on issues once the momentum is there for those in which I'm deeply committed, which is why you'll see me supporting social issues from the left end of the spectrum.

I have some advice, however. With all due respect for your "independence," if you don't intend to enflame, then until you become more familiar with the contributors here, you might refrain from using snarky intros like "Darling" and "Lady" which do nothing but raise the hackles in preparation for battle.

The exact phrases:

"It has both democratic and republican support"

it does not.

And:

"it enjoys the support of people from both parties".

It enjoys the support of ONE republican. That is not the support of the republican party.

There were hundreds of amendments proposed by REPUBLICANS that were in the Senate Finance bill.

As for how many will vote on a final bill, no one yet knows. Jeezus, isn't that bone chewed bare by now? Move on!!

Then politically, you're a non-entity, so why do you bother coming to a political message board? But I think you really do know who you are, because just invoking the label "rhino" you are subtly confessing your right-wing leanings but you just don't want to admit it.

Oh please lady. I have been on political boards since 2001. I evolved over the years. But a word to you, as long as I have a vote and I do I am very much a factor in the political world. So your knee jerk stereotypical assumptions aside mean zip since I know me better than you do. Not associating with a national party is a reflection my vote is earned not expected.

:hey dreamy don't scoff at free psychiatrics! ya know what I mean? :lol::lol::lol:

Really. She should use your guru.
avt23.gif

What we have here is more properly called an exaggeration, which can, if big enough, qualify as a lie.

Either way, you can't really say either 1) or 2) because Sen. Snowe is, in fact, a Republican.

I wouldn't be surprised, btw, to find that she's not the only GOP Senator to support this bill in the end.

:D

It is being reported she was the only GOP vote "for" on the committee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/health/policy/14health.html?_r=1&hp

Committee yes, now let's see the vote in the whole Senate.

And the House has a more liberal version to offer.

The same damn government that has given us the IRS, the U.S. Post Office and Medicare may be allowed to take total control of our health. We are screwed.

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

It enjoys the support of ONE republican. That is not the support of the republican party.

There were hundreds of amendments proposed by REPUBLICANS that were in the Senate Finance bill.

As for how many will vote on a final bill, no one yet knows. Jeezus, isn't that bone chewed bare by now? Move on!!

SO? And how can we KNOW from a non-published thing such as this what's IN IT?

We don't know how much of what Republicans recommended is in it were adopted without READING IT do we? And YES, that means you don't KNOW EITHER.

Will it be published for ALL to see? Highly DOUBTFUL...so I think YOU need to pull back a bit.

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

There. I fixed it for you.

Care to enlighten the crowd on how many of those proposed amendments made it into the committee bill that was passed with ONE republican vote?

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

Care to enlighten the crowd on how many of those proposed amendments made it into the committee bill that was passed with ONE republican vote?
Exactly my point.

Exactly my point.
It will be interesting to see if one of them actually tries to make the case that The Obama (May the sun smile upon his children) has read the bill right after it was voted on and that is what he really meant by republican support for this bill.

Last edited:
The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

And you heard the word bipartisan when it wasn't there either.

I reiterate: Nothing Obama said was a lie.
It is in fact, a complete lie. He did not use the word, bipartisan, thats true. Most likely, when I heard him say it held the support of both parties, I just substituted the word bipartisan, which I'm sure was his intent.

I'll reiterate. The man is a bold faced liar.

Wah, wah, waaaahaaaa........ It's a done deal. We will get a health care bill quite soon. Not as good of one as we need, but better than many of us had hoped for. And they are quite likely to add a public option.

Then you can really whine, snivel, and otherwise demonstrate your adolescent mindset. You people lost in 2008 big time because of demonstrated incompetance in every sphere of governance. Do you think that we find your rants in any way revelant?

Strangely enough, I'm cut from the same cloth. But I do take strong stances on issues once the momentum is there for those in which I'm deeply committed, which is why you'll see me supporting social issues from the left end of the spectrum.

I have some advice, however. With all due respect for your "independence," if you don't intend to enflame, then until you become more familiar with the contributors here, you might refrain from using snarky intros like "Darling" and "Lady" which do nothing but raise the hackles in preparation for battle.

Some friendly advice back. Do not assume to know anyone on a message board. You did.

I raise hackles at times. Don't try to but it happens. I got over that "curse of the political forums" long ago. Not here to be liked or disliked,to join a clique or a posse or a "side". Just here to offer my political views and seek the truth in what I read.

Btw the way I have been reading here for some time here and only recently started posting with any zeal. And considering some of the pretty hardcore names I have seen offered here to others I think my darling and lady are quite kind and rather tame. Might want to wag that finger at the vulgar names that are far more "snarky" but apparently escape your notice. But for you Maggie I will refrain from using any terms of endearment. :tongue: Back to topic.

And you heard the word bipartisan when it wasn't there either.

I reiterate: Nothing Obama said was a lie.
It is in fact, a complete lie. He did not use the word, bipartisan, thats true. Most likely, when I heard him say it held the support of both parties, I just substituted the word bipartisan, which I'm sure was his intent.

Wah, wah, waaaahaaaa........ It's a done deal. We will get a health care bill quite soon. Not as good of one as we need, but better than many of us had hoped for. And they are quite likely to add a public option.

Then you can really whine, snivel, and otherwise demonstrate your adolescent mindset. You people lost in 2008 big time because of demonstrated incompetance in every sphere of governance. Do you think that we find your rants in any way revelant?
In case you missed it. I AM an American citizen. So, saying 'you people' is pretty childish in and of itself. I find amusing that people of your mindset spent eight years trying to prove that Booosh lied and screamed at the top of your lungs that the media absolutely HAD to hold the government to the fire for transparency and honesty.

Yet here you are, supporting a bill that actually does nothing to achieve the goals that the left has stated. It fact, it will leave 25 million without insurance and cost us approximately 2 trillion dollars. And for what?

More government interference into the lives of hard working Americans. Yes, the bill is going to pass. That was going to happen no matter what as the Democrats wholly own this disaster.

But when the President stands in front of the American people and lies straight threw his teeth that Republicans also support this unConstitutional legislation, then I'll stand up and say something.

And I'll say it to his face!

Exactly my point.
It will be interesting to see if one of them actually tried to make the case that The Obama (May the sun smile upon his children) has read the bill right after it was voted on and that is what he really meant by republican support for this bill.

At this point? I don't think his Omnipotents' even gives a shit. As long as it gets the Federal Government's Camel's NOSE under the tent, the proverbial foot in the door to later deal the DEATH BLOW to the Free Market?

He'll sign ANYTHING at this point.

Exactly my point.
It will be interesting to see if one of them actually tried to make the case that The Obama (May the sun smile upon his children) has read the bill right after it was voted on and that is what he really meant by republican support for this bill.

At this point? I don't think his Omnipotents' even gives a shit. As long as it gets the Federal Government's Camel's NOSE under the tent, the proverbial foot in the door to later deal the DEATH BLOW to the Free Market?

He'll sign ANYTHING at this point.
Aye.

In truth isn't government today pretty much smoke and mirrors and a pony show? The President is the "Great Oz",the man behind the curtain more often than not.

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

The Republicans had at least six years they could have passed anything. And they did. Tax cuts for the rich.

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

The Republicans had at least six years they could have passed anything. And they did. Tax cuts for the rich.
Well, your partially right. They passed tax cuts for all Americans. Including the rich. But why on earth would they want to pass a disaster like healthcare reform as envisioned by 'The Obama' (May his seed be forever fruitful)

One Rino votes in the committee and the President of the United States just now stood in front of the American people and told them that there was Republican support for the bill that was just voted out of committee!

A BOLD FACED LIE! Right to the face of the American people.

One vote and now its bipartisan.........

Wow. Just fucking wow!

a token republican?

In case you missed it. I AM an American citizen. So, saying 'you people' is pretty childish in and of itself. I find amusing that people of your mindset spent eight years trying to prove that Booosh lied and screamed at the top of your lungs that the media absolutely HAD to hold the government to the fire for transparency and honesty.

Yet here you are, supporting a bill that actually does nothing to achieve the goals that the left has stated. It fact, it will leave 25 million without insurance and cost us approximately 2 trillion dollars. And for what?

More government interference into the lives of hard working Americans. Yes, the bill is going to pass. That was going to happen no matter what as the Democrats wholly own this disaster.

But when the President stands in front of the American people and lies straight threw his teeth that Republicans also support this unConstitutional legislation, then I'll stand up and say something.

And I'll say it to his face!

good post, and don't let the children on the left get to you. They've been telling us we lost since the day after the election, and that we don't matter. Payback is gonna be a bitch. :) my fellow patriot. yes it is. :eusa_angel:

The exact phrases:

it does not.

And:

SO? And how can we KNOW from a non-published thing such as this what's IN IT?

We don't know how much of what Republicans recommended is in it were adopted without READING IT do we? And YES, that means you don't KNOW EITHER.

Will it be published for ALL to see? Highly DOUBTFUL...so I think YOU need to pull back a bit.

The bill voted upon in the Finance Committee is no way a finished product yet. You will need to listen to the floor debates, which might answer your questions.

image5381775.gif

Forum List

Back