Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

You've been rejecting the idea of faith in every thread about it.
That doesn't make sense. I have not rejected that faith exists. Are you high?
How is you think you're smarter than anyone else? It's baffling.

You reject without thought any notion that there might be a higher power. You despise the idea -- just as you despise believers. Don't even bother denying it; you've made it ridiculously plain.
Might be? Because you can’t prove it that means it might be?

Me, I personally believe the interior of the moon is made from a soft and creamy white cheese. You can’t prove it’s not.

How is your belief better than mine?
Where did I say my belief is better?

You keep making claims with no basis.
I don't push my belief.
Speaking of my belief, I do wish the cheese not too hot. I'm not overly fond of soft and creamy white cheese that is a touch too spicy.
You don't push your belief?

Man, leftists sure do lie a lot.

But you can't disprove anyone's metaphysical belief.
Nor would i ever try, nor would i have any desire to do so, nor can any "metaphysical" (you can just say, "magic", don't try to put lipstick on a pig) idea ever be disproven. I keep saying this. Pay attention!

So, my question to you is: So what? I can't disprove unicorns, either. What does that say about the truth of unicorns?
Hey, we may be making a bit of progress! Prolly just an accident, though.

So, you rightly admit you can't disprove the metaphysical..."magic", if it makes you feel better.

So what is your basis, then, for dismissing the idea of a Creator? That there's no proof one exists?

Do you see the broken logic there?

One of my favorite authors, Arthur C. Clarke, once said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Think how much of today's technology would have gotten you executed for witchcraft a thousand years ago.

So what is your basis, then, for dismissing the idea of a Creator? That there's no proof one exists?
That combined with having no empirical basis to share your blind faith in one. Tried long ago. Multiple times. Peer pressure galore! Even after enduring tons of verbal abuse from priests, ministers, and good little lemmings like you. Nope, just couldn't even begin to actually do it and look myself in the mirror. But that's just me. Completely unnecessary and illogical to demand that atheists somehow "prove" their disbelief in other's assertions of Creators or other magical stuff.

Last edited:
That combined with having no empirical basis to share your blind faith in one. Tried long ago. Multiple times. Peer pressure galore! Even after enduring tons of verbal abuse from priests, ministers, and good little lemmings like you. Nope, just couldn't even begin to actually do it and look myself in the mirror. But that's just me. Completely unnecessary and illogical to demand that atheists somehow "prove" their disbelief in other's assertions of Creators or other magical stuff.
Maybe there is a creator. Maybe it is a rainbow unicorn who rides dragons in the 6th dimension. These magical beliefs are quite useless, in any pragmatic sense. They explain nothing and provide no useful predictions. They come without evidence and grant no insight.

It's fun to reduce all to childish fantasies, but they've too often come with a vengeance. The price tags being belligerent ignorance, fear and loathing, hatred and pestilence, discrimination,.. See The Crusades, Dark Ages ("a time of intellectual darkness between the fall of Rome and the Renaissance"), etc. Subscribers with unorthodox views have faced much the same. Newton, for example:

Like many contemporaries (e.g., Thomas Aikenhead) he lived with the threat of severe punishment if he had been open about his religious beliefs. Heresy was a crime that could have been punishable by the loss of all property and status or even death (see, e.g., the Blasphemy Act 1697). Because of his secrecy over his religious beliefs, Newton has been described as a Nicodemite.[9]

According to most scholars, Newton was Arian, not holding to Trinitarianism.[9][21][22] 'In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin'

Last edited:
Don't care what crazy shit you tell yourself about "leftists," and you clearly don't care either, but here's some actual facts about religious affiliation vs major political party:

Notice that, while it's true that the percentage of religious among Republicans is somewhat higher than that among Democrats, Democrats are in fact more religious than Republicans because there are far more Democrats than Republicans overall. And if both major Parties weren't such corporate, Wall Street lackey, neo-lib, neo-con, war mongering, shameless whores.. the "no lean" younger group in the middle would be growing far more slowly.

Last edited:
All you've done is prove you don't understand the nature of faith.

Proof precludes faith.

But you'll believe science because it's presented in the proper trimmings.
No, I will believe ideas supported by compelling evidence.

You keep trying (and failing) to put words in my mouth. That should be your first clue that your arguments are useless garbage...you have to invent fodder for them.

Think how much of today's technology would have gotten you executed for witchcraft a thousand years ago.
...by religious people who refused to listen to the explanation.
How would you explain a smart phone to an atheist a thousand years ago without using the word "magic"...or him thinking it's magic?

I doubt you could do it.

How would you explain a smart phone to an atheist a thousand years ago without using the word "magic"...or him thinking it's magic?
I suppose i would need a lot of time, and technical manuals. How would i explain it to you? You are just as ignorant of it. So, same question.

This poll asked Americans if they believe in God. The answers were fascinating.

Pew’s results remind us that the religious tapestry of America is more complex than it may seem. How somebody identifies — an identity that is deeply rooted in racial, economic, and political ideologies as well as explicitly religious ones — may not necessarily reflect the content of their beliefs about God or the nature of the universe.

Someone who rejects the label of, for example, evangelical Christian may be doing so for reasons that have less to do with theology than with culture. (Indeed, in the wake of the increasing alliance of Christianity and Trumpism, a number of prominent evangelical Christians are actively rejecting the term.)

D4haEmHWsAAnq1e

Maybe there is a creator. Maybe it is a rainbow unicorn who rides dragons in the 6th dimension. These magical beliefs are quite useless, in any pragmatic sense. They explain nothing and provide no useful predictions. They come without evidence and grant no insight.
Which again begs the question I asked before, and to which I received no answer:

What benefit would Mr. Average Joe American gain from knowing exactly how, say, the universe came about?

Another question: Would it kill you to at least make an effort to come up with something besides "rainbow unicorns" as a metaphor for religion? I mean, you've made your contempt for religion pretty plain -- but it's getting pretty boring, actually.

It's fun to reduce all to childish fantasies, but they've too often come with a vengeance. The price tags being belligerent ignorance, fear and loathing, hatred and pestilence, discrimination,.. See The Crusades, Dark Ages ("a time of intellectual darkness between the fall of Rome and the Renaissance"), etc. Subscribers with unorthodox views have faced much the same. Newton, for example:

Like many contemporaries (e.g., Thomas Aikenhead) he lived with the threat of severe punishment if he had been open about his religious beliefs. Heresy was a crime that could have been punishable by the loss of all property and status or even death (see, e.g., the Blasphemy Act 1697). Because of his secrecy over his religious beliefs, Newton has been described as a Nicodemite.[9]

According to most scholars, Newton was Arian, not holding to Trinitarianism.[9][21][22] 'In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin'
So, we're just gonna pretend the hundred million plus people killed by the intellectual darkness of atheist Communism never happened, or...?

Don't care what crazy shit you tell yourself about "leftists," and you clearly don't care either, but here's some actual facts about religious affiliation vs major political party:

Notice that, while it's true that the percentage of religious among Republicans is somewhat higher than that among Democrats, Democrats are in fact more religious than Republicans because there are far more Democrats than Republicans overall. And if both major Parties weren't such corporate, Wall Street lackey, neo-lib, neo-con, war mongering, shameless whores.. the "no lean" younger group in the middle would be growing far more slowly.
I'm sure you believe that refutes my claim that leftists lie a lot -- somehow -- but it doesn't.

What benefit would Mr. Average Joe American gain from knowing exactly how, say, the universe came about?
Well, one benefit I gain is a deepr understanding of the universe. Sure, you, for instance, know less than nothing about it, amd I am sure youre doing fine. But its not as important that every individual know as it is that it is known by someone. With these pursuits we gain new knowledge and techniques that benefit mankind greatly.

For instance, our entire discussion right now would be impossible without our knowledge of general relativity.

Forum List

Back