Wow! FREE money!

The 1% get free money. Why not the poor too?
Name one person in the 1%, that is getting 'free money'?

You’re joking right? Tell me you are pulling my leg. Please. Because you can’t be this uninformed.

Just all about the top management of the big banks.

Hunter Biden got lots of free money. Hillary did too. I would most of the politicians get lots of free money.

Get informed. Please.

The Real Housewives of Wall Street: Look Who's Cashing In On the Bailout

“Welfare for the Rich” – Matt Taibbi Exposes Disgusting Practices at

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks? - Global Research

Most of the politicians that milk money from the 1%, are not in the 1%. Hunter Biden is not in the 1%.

Moreover, when you see something stupid, the solution to stupid, isn't to promote more stupid.

I was against the bailouts as unneeded and unwanted, and a waste of money that rewarded bad choices.

How do you get from that, to well obviously we need to give out money to more people, and bankrupt the country?

Now my understanding of TARP, was that TARP purchased bad assets, at the purchase price. So if you owned some of these toxic assets from the Sub-prime bubble, then the government paid you for them.

So it wasn't like they were just sitting around collecting cash for nothing. They had purchased toxic assets, and the government was paying for those bad assets.

AGAIN.....
I was against the bailouts as unneeded and unwanted, and a waste of money that rewarded bad choices.

But that is not the same as sitting on your ass, and saying "I sucked air, therefore give me money".

I don't see the 1%, just sitting around on a beach, being showered with tax money.

That does not mean I am in favor of bailouts.

However the solution isn't more stupid. the solution isn't handing out even more tax money. The solution is to hand out LESS tax money.
The Fed essentially gave money to the rich. Read the links I gave you. Did the Fed give you millions of dollars?

Agreed. Yes most politicians and their kids aren’t of the 1%. They get paid by the 1%. Then they do the bidding of the 1%. This allows the 1% to keep making more money.

Again.... when you see something stupid, you move to stop the stupid, not increase it more.

I did read the links. It doesn't change anything I said.

When you see the Fed giving out money, the solution isn't to give out more money. The solution is to stop giving out money.

By the way.... yes the Fed gives out tons to people all over the country.

This is one of the goofy aspects of your argument. "The government gave money to the 1%. Did the government give money to you?"

Well if you are looking at the other 99% as a group... yes. In fact 58% of the Federal budget is all entitlement spending. So yes. They have given out $2 Trillion dollars plus in giveaways, every single year, for decades.

Quite frankly, comparing one year of TARP, to decades of all the entitlements... I would gladly trade saving Trillions in taxes, for TARP.

A 29-year-old mayor is giving his city's poorest residents a basic income of $500 per month. He says the program is a success so far.

As Tubbs has been promoting the potential of basic income in Stockton, Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has also been advocating for a national basic-income policy in the US. As part of his platform, Yang has promised to deliver payments of $1,000 a month, or $12,000 a year, to all US citizens over 18.

"National leadership — particularly in the White House and the party that controls the Senate — isn't there yet," he said. "It's going to take a lot of difficult conversations to get there, but we have to."

LOL
Cut the laughably high defense budget a bit and it could be doable.
Governments subsidy to Boeing alone would cover 4 million citizens a year.

Only the entitled wealthy deserve bailouts!

Force those born poor to eat dog food!

Subsidizing Boeing?

I don't buy that. You sound like you are talking about the AOC version of spending subsidies. The left wing likes to mix a real subsidy, where you take money from Bob, to pay Tim, and what is really just a tax cut, where you get a reduced tax on say, a new manufacturing plant.

Denying a subsidy which is really a tax abatement, doesn't "cover" anyone. Amazon without the tax benefit, simply didn't build the offices in New York, and thus paid no tax. How can you "cover 4 million citizens a year" with zero tax money?

The rest of the money Boeing gets, as near as I can tell, is from contracts and research grants.

If you don't pay Boeing, they don't build the plane. If you don't pay Boeing, they don't design the new jet. This is how it works.

Why UBI Ought to Appeal to Conservatives

This is why conservatives are reflexively hostile to Universal Basic Income. On the face of it, it’s simply a government program. And, even worse, it seems to be a program implemented with even greater ignorance than the usual fare. But there are several good reasons to question this initial suspicion.

Let’s consider Democratic candidate Andrew Yang’s proposal. The bare bones of it are that everyone over the age of 18 gets $1000 per month, no strings attached.
For the sake of argument, let’s set aside the problem of paying for it. Let’s also set aside the question of whether people would in fact spend that money wisely. These are important practical matters, but they’re separate from the question of whether a UBI policy aligns with important conservative ideals.

To “set aside the problem of paying for it” is to completely miss the point of why conservatives (or anyone with even a vestigial understanding of basic economic principles) would object. If there was some bottomless magic money machine, from which we could get the money to give everyone $1,000 a month with no adverse economic effect, then yes, the UBI would be a great idea. More wealth, in the hands of more people, can only be a net benefit.

But only ignorant LIbErals think that the economy does or can work that way. The money has to come from somewhere, and wherever that money is taken from will be harmed, at least as much as where the money is sent is helped. To think that the economy can benefit, as a whole from such a program, is the economic equivalent of believing in a perpetual motion machine that can produce endless energy at no cost. It's just ignorant nonsense, nothing more.

ZSC_4085_1K.jpg

The 1% get free money. Why not the poor too?

You’re joking right? Tell me you are pulling my leg. Please. Because you can’t be this uninformed.

Hunter Biden got lots of free money. Hillary did too. I would most of the politicians get lots of free money.

Get informed. Please.

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks? - Global Research

Most of the politicians that milk money from the 1%, are not in the 1%. Hunter Biden is not in the 1%.

Moreover, when you see something stupid, the solution to stupid, isn't to promote more stupid.

How do you get from that, to well obviously we need to give out money to more people, and bankrupt the country?

Now my understanding of TARP, was that TARP purchased bad assets, at the purchase price. So if you owned some of these toxic assets from the Sub-prime bubble, then the government paid you for them.

So it wasn't like they were just sitting around collecting cash for nothing. They had purchased toxic assets, and the government was paying for those bad assets.

AGAIN.....

But that is not the same as sitting on your ass, and saying "I sucked air, therefore give me money".

I don't see the 1%, just sitting around on a beach, being showered with tax money.

However the solution isn't more stupid. the solution isn't handing out even more tax money. The solution is to hand out LESS tax money.
The Fed essentially gave money to the rich. Read the links I gave you. Did the Fed give you millions of dollars?

Agreed. Yes most politicians and their kids aren’t of the 1%. They get paid by the 1%. Then they do the bidding of the 1%. This allows the 1% to keep making more money.

Again.... when you see something stupid, you move to stop the stupid, not increase it more.

When you see the Fed giving out money, the solution isn't to give out more money. The solution is to stop giving out money.

This is one of the goofy aspects of your argument. "The government gave money to the 1%. Did the government give money to you?"

Well if you are looking at the other 99% as a group... yes. In fact 58% of the Federal budget is all entitlement spending. So yes. They have given out $2 Trillion dollars plus in giveaways, every single year, for decades.

Quite frankly, comparing one year of TARP, to decades of all the entitlements... I would gladly trade saving Trillions in taxes, for TARP.
Tarp is peanuts. Why are you stuck on it? I haven’t mentioned it.

Do you think the fed would ever bail out the American people with $16 trillion dollars?

Citigroup – $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley – $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch – $1.949 trillion
Bank of America – $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC – $868 billion
Bear Sterns – $853 billion
Goldman Sachs – $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland – $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase – $391 billion
Deutsche Bank – $354 billion
UBS – $287 billion
Credit Suisse – $262 billion
Lehman Brothers – $183 billion
Bank of Scotland – $181 billion
BNP Paribas – $175 billion
Wells Fargo – $159 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
Dresdner Bank – $135 billion
Societe Generale – $124 billion
“All Other Borrowers” – $2.639 trillion

Get informed. Please.

AGAIN.....

Tarp is peanuts. Why are you stuck on it? I haven’t mentioned it.

Do you think the fed would ever bail out the American people with $16 trillion dollars?

Citigroup – $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley – $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch – $1.949 trillion
Bank of America – $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC – $868 billion
Bear Sterns – $853 billion
Goldman Sachs – $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland – $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase – $391 billion
Deutsche Bank – $354 billion
UBS – $287 billion
Credit Suisse – $262 billion
Lehman Brothers – $183 billion
Bank of Scotland – $181 billion
BNP Paribas – $175 billion
Wells Fargo – $159 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
Dresdner Bank – $135 billion
Societe Generale – $124 billion
“All Other Borrowers” – $2.639 trillion

Again... when you see stupid, you oppose stupid, you don't promote more stupid.

And honestly, none of these people got that money.

When you say a corporation was bailed out, that is not the same as suggesting that the 1% got bailed out. The CEO of Wachovia for example, didn't walk away with billions in bailout money. Not true.

Instead he was kicked out, and ended up losing millions.

Now we all understand he had hundreds of millions, and so losing several million wasn't a big deal. But that doesn't change the fact, that he was not sitting on a beach collecting billions of dollars.

Instead it was the bond holders who got the bailout money.

Maybe you missed it, but most of the bailouts, didn't even go to the companies they bailed out. Wachovia doesn't exist. Bear Stearns doesn't exist. Lehman Brothers doesn't exist.

Additionally, you also seem to fail to realize that the government pressured banks to take bailout money. Even banks that were never in any trouble, had to take part in the program. In fact, the government tried to stop banks from paying back the money early.

And lastly, most banks paid back the money.
As Biggest Banks Repay Bailout Money, the U.S. Sees a Profit

Again, as I said before, many banks were forced by the Fed, to take part in the bailout. That's why as early as 2009, banks were paying back the money.

Would you want all those people getting the welfare checks, to pay back the money they were given next year? Since you are using the money paid back from the bailouts as justification, then we should do the same for this, yes?

Former democrat candidate Yang celebrated his withdraw from the campaign by squirting whipped cream into the mouths of supporters. Where do these guys come from and more importantly where is the money coming from?

A 29-year-old mayor is giving his city's poorest residents a basic income of $500 per month. He says the program is a success so far.

As Tubbs has been promoting the potential of basic income in Stockton, Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has also been advocating for a national basic-income policy in the US. As part of his platform, Yang has promised to deliver payments of $1,000 a month, or $12,000 a year, to all US citizens over 18.

"National leadership — particularly in the White House and the party that controls the Senate — isn't there yet," he said. "It's going to take a lot of difficult conversations to get there, but we have to."

LOL
Its a success? So those getting it are improving their lives like going to college and being able to find better paying jobs? I somehow doubt it.

Forum List

Back