WOW!!! City of LA surrenders to OCCUPY!!! Offers them free housing, farmland, office!

So what is your opinion on what LA did?

I don't really have one. Who cares if LA gives an empty building to OWS?

I doubt it would actually happen.

They already offered it. It's up to OWS to accept the offer. Which blows my mind. The City of LA offering free land and a large building to a group of people for nothing more than beggin them to stop camping out on City Hall's lawn.

You do have one. You just know it would sound bad to say that you support OWS'ers being given free shit because deep down, you think it should be on a much more massive scale of giving from those who have to those who, supposedly, do not.

That's fucking hilarious.

So, you think that I'm really lying, and hiding my true opinions ON A POLITICAL MESSAGE BOARD, because I'm afraid it'll "look bad"?

To who? Who's opinion on this site do I supposedly care about so much that I would lie about my opinion on something to impress? What purpose would it serve?

It could be you've got some insane delusions of the importance of this message board, or you just can't think of any better response than pretending to read my mind and tell me what I really believe.

Either way, you look like a fool.

So, it's ENVY that's making you so outraged? They got a free building, and you didn't?

I don't think that's fair. It's the same frustration that motivates the OWS group to do what they do. A great many people are frustrated in our country with their struggles to get ahead which are routinely met with closed doors. The important thing that people need to recognize is that they are not the only ones who meet such frustrations. The moment people start thinking their own personal frustrations trump those of others is when things start to become needlessly, and unproductively, polarized.

Orrrr....maybe it's simply a matter of giving them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

Look what they have now:

1 large empty commercial building
1 large lot of farmland
1 offer of free housing for the homeless

They can farm the land, buy a cheap business license, and open an organic grocery store in that building. It can be similar to Whole Foods. Whole Foods was founded with the same small things.

OWS has a chance to do it now. Will they? Hell no. They'll see that its HARD WORK to found and operate a business.

More than likely that 10,000 sq/f building will be "occupied" by drug addicts, college losers playing "Dungeons and Dragons" card games, dumbasses with guitars and drums, and people sitting around how great they would be if only someone would give them what they deserve.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

I don't even think that would be right though. How fair is it that a city-subsidized hipster commune will be competing with a business that actually produces output and is able to stand on it's own two feet while actually paying taxes like Wholefoods.

Next the city will be granting them an allowance for utilities for the building. This is ludicrous.

Oh, you just KNOW thats the next OWS demand. Who knows, maybe LA will lease them the building for $1 a year, then hire them all to maintain it!!!

Wonder when the Mexican immigrants will camp out somewhere, and demand a free warehouse and farmland like the white hippies got??

And if so, I'd put my money on the Mexican immigrants to actually do something good with the building and land while OWS will ruin it. At least those guys know what hard work and being humble in employment can lead to.

You guys love being outraged, don't you?

It's like a drug to you guys.

Yeah don't address the topic at hand or anything.

I've already stated that I truly don't give a shit about the topic at hand.

I do think the butt-hurt whining of the "personal responsibility" and anti-"class envy" "Conservatives" about nonsense like this.

I don't really have one. Who cares if LA gives an empty building to OWS?

I doubt it would actually happen.

They already offered it. It's up to OWS to accept the offer. Which blows my mind. The City of LA offering free land and a large building to a group of people for nothing more than beggin them to stop camping out on City Hall's lawn.

You do have one. You just know it would sound bad to say that you support OWS'ers being given free shit because deep down, you think it should be on a much more massive scale of giving from those who have to those who, supposedly, do not.

So, you think that I'm really lying, and hiding my true opinions ON A POLITICAL MESSAGE BOARD, because I'm afraid it'll "look bad"?

To who? Who's opinion on this site do I supposedly care about so much that I would lie about my opinion on something to impress? What purpose would it serve?

It could be you've got some insane delusions of the importance of this message board, or you just can't think of any better response than pretending to read my mind and tell me what I really believe.

Yes. I do not believe a person, who has strong enough political beliefs to join and frequent a political message board, can simply have "NO OPINION" on the idea that hordes of losers camp out and demand free shit, and the 2nd largest city in America begins offering free warehouse space and free farmland in return for them simply giving up their tents.

It's impossible to have political beliefs strong enough to join a message board, then have no opinion on something like this.

But, for whatever reason, you dont share it. Oh well douche-bag.

So, it's ENVY that's making you so outraged? They got a free building, and you didn't?

I don't think that's fair. It's the same frustration that motivates the OWS group to do what they do. A great many people are frustrated in our country with their struggles to get ahead which are routinely met with closed doors. The important thing that people need to recognize is that they are not the only ones who meet such frustrations. The moment people start thinking their own personal frustrations trump those of others is when things start to become needlessly, and unproductively, polarized.

Of course. Everyone in this country is frustrated about something.

I would perhaps be more outraged at this if it wasn't common practice for local governments to throw free shit around, to companies and organizations, and this didn't happen every day.

The City of New York just gave the Yankees AND the Mets brand new, billion dollar stadiums.

Giving office space to OWS just isn't that big of a deal.

Look what they have now:

1 large empty commercial building
1 large lot of farmland
1 offer of free housing for the homeless

They can farm the land, buy a cheap business license, and open an organic grocery store in that building. It can be similar to Whole Foods. Whole Foods was founded with the same small things.

OWS has a chance to do it now. Will they? Hell no. They'll see that its HARD WORK to found and operate a business.

More than likely that 10,000 sq/f building will be "occupied" by drug addicts, college losers playing "Dungeons and Dragons" card games, dumbasses with guitars and drums, and people sitting around how great they would be if only someone would give them what they deserve.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

I don't even think that would be right though. How fair is it that a city-subsidized hipster commune will be competing with a business that actually produces output and is able to stand on it's own two feet while actually paying taxes like Wholefoods.

Next the city will be granting them an allowance for utilities for the building. This is ludicrous.

Oh, you just KNOW thats the next OWS demand. Who knows, maybe LA will lease them the building for $1 a year, then hire them all to maintain it!!!

Wonder when the Mexican immigrants will camp out somewhere, and demand a free warehouse and farmland like the white hippies got??

And if so, I'd put my money on the Mexican immigrants to actually do something good with the building and land while OWS will ruin it. At least those guys know what hard work and being humble in employment can lead to.

You're right, it's a matter of principle. Now that they have granted them this reward for their childish behavior - it will be a slippery slope. Chances are they won't use it to start a business though. If anything it will probably be some 501(3)C specializing in outreach to degenerates to help them get free benefits they don't know they're entitled to. That and coordinating the OWS movement. The whole thing is dumb. The building will probably turn into the white hippie version of the Superdome after Katrina, full of rape and drug use.

Occupy L.A. receives offer to decamp - latimes.com

What in the holy hell is this!!! What cowards!!! The City of Los Angeles offered OCCUPY LA a 10,000 sq/f building for $1 a year, yes, ONE DOLLAR PER YEAR, and farmland to farm on, and offered housing for the homeless among them, if they would agree to leave the City Hall property. Just shocking. The 2nd largest city in this great country just blinked. They surrendered to a bunch of spoiled, smelly, whiny entitled hippy college kids.

I'm not gonna use the term "Don't negotiate with terrorists". I dont think that fits, in all fairness. They are morons, and sometimes violent. But "terrorists"? No.

However, I'll bring up the old Southern grandma's quote: "If you feed the cat once, you better be ready to feed it's family forever."

How true. The signs that say "DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE" are there not just to protect the person, but to keep dangerous wildlife away!! Dont feed the bears. Dont feed the gators.

The City of LA just put out a giant batch of red meat outside the tents, and the bears will never go away now.

I truly hope Occupy takes the deal. And in 10 years, lets see what condition, and what progress, has been made of that 10,000 sq/f building and farmland.

Just unbelievable. LA surrenders. What a bunch of cowards running that sad once-great city.

What good will it do them to march out in some farmland. The OWSers have to make things uncomfortable in order to get anything accomplished. Remember when the teapartiers crashed into speaking events and shouted everyone down? You all were applauding that.

Same thing here. If any city doesn't like OWS being there, they need to cooperate.

You guys love being outraged, don't you?

It's like a drug to you guys.

I do think the butt-hurt whining of the "personal responsibility" and anti-"class envy" "Conservatives" about nonsense like this.

Then I'll go out of my way one of these days to a thread you're partaking in (green energy or some shit like that) just to say I don't give a shit. Constructive huh.

Of course. Everyone in this country is frustrated about something.

I would perhaps be more outraged at this if it wasn't common practice for local governments to throw free shit around, to companies and organizations, and this didn't happen every day.

The City of New York just gave the Yankees AND the Mets brand new, billion dollar stadiums.

Giving office space to OWS just isn't that big of a deal.

Wow.

Companies, organizations (legit ones), small businesses, pro sports teams.....all give something positive back to the city.

What do the hordes of smelly, whining, dirty hippies and over-educated smug college brats camping out in shitty tents give in return to the Taxpayers of LA (aka, City of LA) in exchange for a 10,000 sq/f building and free farmland???

It's a huge deal. If precedent is set that if you want something free, just round up a large crowed, cause a seen, and bitch about it long enough til the city caves, well, our country is fucked.

Yes. I do not believe a person, who has strong enough political beliefs to join and frequent a political message board, can simply have "NO OPINION" on the idea that hordes of losers camp out and demand free shit, and the 2nd largest city in America begins offering free warehouse space and free farmland in return for them simply giving up their tents.

It's impossible to have political beliefs strong enough to join a message board, then have no opinion on something like this.

Well, clearly it's not "impossible".

Maybe I can clear this up for you. Do I think there's anything inherently "unfair" about this?
Sure, but as Conservatives generally like to point out, life isn't fair. Unfair things happen all the fucking time. Every day, in fact. Every time someone wins the lottery, or hits the jackpot in Vegas.

Does it change my life at all? No.

That's how I go about "not caring" about this.

Then I'll go out of my way one of these days to a thread you're partaking in (green energy or some shit like that) just to say I don't give a shit. Constructive huh.

I don't think I've ever posted in a "green energy" thread. Where exactly do you get this impression of me you seem to have from?

Feel free to post in any thread that I'm in with "I don't give a shit". I promise I won't care about that either.

Last edited:
Occupy L.A. receives offer to decamp - latimes.com

What in the holy hell is this!!! What cowards!!! The City of Los Angeles offered OCCUPY LA a 10,000 sq/f building for $1 a year, yes, ONE DOLLAR PER YEAR, and farmland to farm on, and offered housing for the homeless among them, if they would agree to leave the City Hall property. Just shocking. The 2nd largest city in this great country just blinked. They surrendered to a bunch of spoiled, smelly, whiny entitled hippy college kids.

I'm not gonna use the term "Don't negotiate with terrorists". I dont think that fits, in all fairness. They are morons, and sometimes violent. But "terrorists"? No.

However, I'll bring up the old Southern grandma's quote: "If you feed the cat once, you better be ready to feed it's family forever."

How true. The signs that say "DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE" are there not just to protect the person, but to keep dangerous wildlife away!! Dont feed the bears. Dont feed the gators.

The City of LA just put out a giant batch of red meat outside the tents, and the bears will never go away now.

I truly hope Occupy takes the deal. And in 10 years, lets see what condition, and what progress, has been made of that 10,000 sq/f building and farmland.

Just unbelievable. LA surrenders. What a bunch of cowards running that sad once-great city.

What good will it do them to march out in some farmland. The OWSers have to make things uncomfortable in order to get anything accomplished. Remember when the teapartiers crashed into speaking events and shouted everyone down? You all were applauding that.

Same thing here. If any city doesn't like OWS being there, they need to cooperate.

Those were public forums where everyone was openly invited and welcomed. And those people spoke their verbal protest, then went home. Funny.....police never had to pepper spary TP'ers, and never got bottles thrown at them.

"Need to cooperate" you say. Or WHAT? The city is just the embodiment of the taxpayers as a whole. So, if WE dont cooperate, then WHAT exactly is OWS gonna do about it? Keep "Occupying" empty space? Big fucking deal. Screw 'em. Let weather sort 'em out. Winter is coming. If that doesn't work, the summer heat will. If that doesnt work, just wait longer. Hunger or disease will.

Maybe I can clear this up for you. Do I think there's anything inherently "unfair" about this?
Sure, but as Conservatives generally like to point out, life isn't fair. Unfair things happen all the fucking time. Every day, in fact. Every time someone wins the lottery, or hits the jackpot in Vegas.

So, in theory, this is morally equal to a government giving a huge bailout to a big bank. Big banks...OWS...both have demands, and the gov't gave both of them something for nothing.

So I assume you aren't pissed about the bank bailouts, right? You dont care about the bailouts, right?

Morally, the bailouts, and LA's free gifts to OWS, are nothing but a government giving free shit to a group demanding something.

Morally equal, so YOU should be consistent in not caring.

So, in theory, this is morally equal to a government giving a huge bailout to a big bank. Big banks...OWS...both have demands, and the gov't gave both of them something for nothing.

So I assume you aren't pissed about the bank bailouts, right? You dont care about the bailouts, right?

Morally, the bailouts, and LA's free gifts to OWS, are nothing but a government giving free shit to a group demanding something.

What the fuck do "morals" have to do with this?

I'm not "outraged" about this because giving free office space in an empty building doesn't cost the taxpayers nearly a trillion dollars. "Morals" don't come into play here.

This is too small for me to care about. It's nothing, and affects NO ONE.

I think a better idea would be to give these people an Island, maybe Catalina or something. Let them do what they want - implement the economic system that they're asking for and let them have at it. It can be a socialist experiment. After a few years they'll probably be eating one another due to lack of sustenance.

I'm not "outraged" about this because giving free office space in an empty building doesn't cost the taxpayers nearly a trillion dollars. "Morals" don't come into play here.

Killing 1 person is morally as bad as killing 100, right? Moral consistency. I didn't expect you to grasp that concept.

It affects plenty of people. The fact that you dont grasp that also does not shock me.

So you morally are not pissed about the bailouts I'd assume? What about if we gave 100 office buildings, in each of America's 50 biggest cities? 5000 office buildings to OWS protestors? Would that piss you off? Would you care?

I think a better idea would be to give these people an Island, maybe Catalina or something. Let them do what they want - implement the economic system that they're asking for and let them have at it. It can be a socialist experiment. After a few years they'll probably be eating one another due to lack of sustenance.

Good idea. But.............it's already been done:confused:

They call it Cuba.

Good idea. But.............it's already been done:confused:

They call it Cuba.

True, but I would give the cubans more credit than I give these marxists.

Killing 1 person is morally as bad as killing 100, right? Moral consistency. I didn't expect you to grasp that concept.
"Moral Consistency"?

And, no. Killing 100 people is significantly worse than killing one person.

If you don't believe me, try it. See how many years in prison you get for each.
It affects plenty of people. The fact that you dont grasp that also does not shock me.
Like who?

So you morally are not pissed about the bailouts I'd assume? What about if we gave 100 office buildings, in each of America's 50 biggest cities? 5000 office buildings to OWS protestors? Would that piss you off? Would you care?
"Morally" is a completely meaningless term. So, no, I'm not "morally" pissed about the bailouts, I'm pissed about the bailouts because the government wrote a trillion dollar check of taxpayer money to Wall Street.

And I'm not going to respond to nonsense hypotheticals. Would you be "outraged" if Michelle Bachmann pulled off her mask during a press conference to reveal herself to be an alien?

Forum List

Back