WOW!!! City of LA surrenders to OCCUPY!!! Offers them free housing, farmland, office!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Nov 23, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Occupy L.A. receives offer to decamp - latimes.com

What in the holy hell is this!!! What cowards!!! The City of Los Angeles offered OCCUPY LA a 10,000 sq/f building for $1 a year, yes, ONE DOLLAR PER YEAR, and farmland to farm on, and offered housing for the homeless among them, if they would agree to leave the City Hall property. Just shocking. The 2nd largest city in this great country just blinked. They surrendered to a bunch of spoiled, smelly, whiny entitled hippy college kids.

I'm not gonna use the term "Don't negotiate with terrorists". I dont think that fits, in all fairness. They are morons, and sometimes violent. But "terrorists"? No.

However, I'll bring up the old Southern grandma's quote: "If you feed the cat once, you better be ready to feed it's family forever."

How true. The signs that say "DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE" are there not just to protect the person, but to keep dangerous wildlife away!! Dont feed the bears. Dont feed the gators.

The City of LA just put out a giant batch of red meat outside the tents, and the bears will never go away now.

I truly hope Occupy takes the deal. And in 10 years, lets see what condition, and what progress, has been made of that 10,000 sq/f building and farmland.

Just unbelievable. LA surrenders. What a bunch of cowards running that sad once-great city.

2. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Eh, maybe not such a bad idea. They want an opportunity? Here's an opportunity. Show us what you're made of....

3. likeabird03

likeabird03 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I think I'm going to be sick. What a way to give them legitimacy and let them be total freeloaders now...

Like little children, if they throw a tantrum for long enough they get what they want.

4. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Orrrr....maybe it's simply a matter of giving them just enough rope to hang themselves with.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    The worst part is that once word spreads nationwide, every Occupy "encampment" will demand equal and eventually more in ransom. They'll accept the building. Then what? They'll want furnishings. And free food. And then jobs. And where does it end?

It ends with a boot in the ass, or pepper spray.

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Look what they have now:

1 large empty commercial building
    1 large lot of farmland
    1 offer of free housing for the homeless

They can farm the land, buy a cheap business license, and open an organic grocery store in that building. It can be similar to Whole Foods. Whole Foods was founded with the same small things.

OWS has a chance to do it now. Will they? Hell no. They'll see that its HARD WORK to found and operate a business.

More than likely that 10,000 sq/f building will be "occupied" by drug addicts, college losers playing "Dungeons and Dragons" card games, dumbasses with guitars and drums, and people sitting around how great they would be if only someone would give them what they deserve.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

7. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,992
    You guys love being outraged, don't you?

It's like a drug to you guys.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Yeah, on this I am. Why? As a fitness enthusiast, I've always wanted to open and own a commercial gymnasium. But it's expensive. A large building, plus the big insurance cost for the obvious reasons, was too expensive.

But, if someone gave me a 10,000 sq/f building for $1 a year? Sure, then I could do it.

Guess I have to stop showering, grow a shitty beard, have a dance-seizure to a metal drum, and live in a tent while pissing myself to get that deal.

LA just fucked a lot of cities by giving in to these losers. This is like, as you said, giving drugs to an addict. They'll only want more.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    So what is your opinion on what LA did?

10. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,992
    I don't really have one. Who cares if LA gives an empty building to OWS?

I doubt it would actually happen.