Feds seize major catch

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Man catches 881-pound tuna, seized by feds | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

This is an example of the idiocy of some of our federal regulations on alot of things. Regulation should be just that....REGULATION. Not dictation over all things incidental. Why can we not have reasonable allowances for incidental occurrences? This is 800+ pounds of food we are talking about. As an environmentally conscious person, it sickens me to think that a massive animal like this can be caught, and that red tape might potentially make the difference between it being a productive kill and a wasteful kill. I know that the article doesn't really mention such a thing. But I have to wonder if this fish can be seized in the first place because of buearocratic BS, what will stop the same BS from delaying consumption of this food until such a time as it's not any longer fit for consumption?

I have no problem with regulation. Coming from a place where the fishing industry and environmental protection are both intertwined in a delicate and very important balance for both goals to come to fruition, I welcome regulation. But this is just asinine. So the man caught a different fish than he intended to, using a certain technique. Let him have the fish and sell it. Good for him. Hope he can send his kids to college off the thing. It does the public no good to have government be so damned rigid over such a thing.

Forum List

Back