WOW!!! City of LA surrenders to OCCUPY!!! Offers them free housing, farmland, office!

I'm IN LA and I found it funny.

Give them some land way out where they can conduct their protests and no one can really see them. The office space is meaningless. California in general and Los Angeles in particular has been so hostile to business that the city is filled with vacant office space.

So far, the gesture is empty. There is no leadership to accept on behalf of the group and there isn't enough up twinkles to accept it.

Again the government pandering to whiners.... while those who sacrifice and do things the right way get nothing...

Here's an idea... government not giving anyone something at the expense of others

The idea is to get them out of sight. They have utterly destroyed the lawn at city hall. They have caused damage and destruction. Democrats have promised them that they could continue to protest, so move them out to boonies where no one can see them.

oh well, UNLESS the people of the city DON'T say anything...

they can enjoy having them.

its a smart move by la......

as some posters have already stated.... it provides the chance to either incorporate the movement into a viable business or expose them for a bunch of whiny losers........

PREDICTION:

1) The building will be a constant destination for police calls.
2) They will be receiving public funds for a variety of things along with free room and board (as in free utilities etc.)
3) They will not stop complaining.

PREDICTION:

1) The building will be a constant destination for police calls.
2) They will be receiving public funds for a variety of things along with free room and board (as in free utilities etc.)
3) They will not stop complaining.

maybe, but publicity wise, they will lose alot of support among the public........ and once that is gone, no one will care if the police then sweep them out of the building........

A teenie tiny drop in the proverbial bucket compared to the money spent bailing out the banks.

The selective outrage is telling.

A teenie tiny drop in the proverbial bucket compared to the money spent bailing out the banks.

the lawful bailouts of the banks that were approved by a dem congress under dem president

and they are mad at the banks

telling

Occupy should and probably will reject the offer. The only way they would accept it, is if the caricature by right-wingers of it as a movement "demanding free stuff" was actually true.

Now -- when they DO reject the offer, will you reconsider that caricature? My prediction is: no more than you are reconsidering the idea that the entire movement is an Obama contrivance because participants heckle the president.

The right is simply not fact-based.

A free handout is a free handout, regardless of scale. You are either against it, or not. You, obviously, dont mind it. So, to be consistent, you didn't mind the bailouts either. Both gov't handouts to a group demanding something.

I have to disagree somewhat. One one hand we have a massive bailout on the federal level. On the other hand, we have a much smaller "bailout" at the local level. It's like one family having a whole giant pie for each person for dessert, or another family having a small piece of cake for everyone. In each case the intent is the same. But sometimes things get out of hand. It's a question of moderation versus over-indulgence/blowing things out of hand.

From what I remember the Tea Party as well as many conservatives were outraged by the Bank Bailouts too. Go bark up another tree.

Forum List

Back