Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
World of Spycraft: NSA and CIA Spied in Online Games - ProPublica

That's just crazy.

Documents here.

NSA documents on games and virtual worlds - ProPublica

Spied for what?!

In one World of Warcraft discussion thread, begun just days after the first Snowden revelations appeared in the news media in June, a human death knight with the user name “Crrassus” asked whether the NSA might be reading game chat logs.

“If they ever read these forums,” wrote a goblin priest with the user name “Diaya,” “they would realize they were wasting” their time.

That's my take on it. Seriously, the biggest problem we have are gold farmers, which obviously would have nothing to do with National Security.

I'm basically in the mind that the NSA is a wholly dangerous and unaccountable agency. And it's role has been greatly expanded by the patriot act.

GAH. WoW is Blizzard owned! I fear it's gone beyond just those two games.... and Diablo III has problems with botting, but a threat to National Security? I'd be more worried about Diablo rampaging across the fictional world of Sanctuary!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying the expansion next year. That Crusader is badass.

• Banned
I'm basically in the mind that the NSA is a wholly dangerous and unaccountable agency. And it's role has been greatly expanded by the patriot act.

Agreed. But this is just - crazy. Too many of us, where would they even begin? How would a search happen?

I don't know, it's just dumb. JMNSHO.

Agreed. But this is just - crazy. Too many of us, where would they even begin? How would a search happen?

Once they breach the servers, it's a matter of data mining from there.

Didn't look like they need to breach. Looks like they just get handed whatever they want. And that is a lot of data. Tons and loads. Acres of words, every day.

Didn't look like they need to breach. Looks like they just get handed whatever they want. And that is a lot of data. Tons and loads. Acres of words, every day.

Then again, given how easily they can intimidate companies like Microsoft into handing stuff over, a gaming company is no match. I agree.

You mean people on the internets are not who they say they are? Say it isn't so! Is there a I am a total moron spell in WOW?

Having been the victim of the stupid dragon eggs many times..that's NOT funny! :mad:

Do you have the title? I do!

I got the title deliberately. And didn't wipe the group..I let them know what I was doing. They were like, go ahead.

Rogues generally don't cause that sort of stuff. :eusa_shifty:

I cheated. A 90 Shaman did it for us on a group run.

I love that now your titles apply to ALL your toons.

Forum List

Back