Wouldn't This Be Nice If They Could Actually Do It

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
CHICAGO – The bitter general election campaign behind them, President-elect Barack Obama and Republican Sen. John McCain met Monday to discuss ways to reduce government waste, promote bipartisanship and find other ways to improve government.

The two former rivals met in Obama's transition headquarters in Chicago. Obama said before the meeting that he and McCain planned "a good conversation about how we can do some work together to fix up the country, and also to offer thanks to Sen. McCain for the outstanding service he's already rendered."

Obama and McCain say they'll work together - Yahoo! News

It would be nice if they could actually do it. McCain is notorious for reaching across party lines. Obama, not so much.

It would be nice if they could actually do it. McCain is notorious for reaching across party lines. Obama, not so much.

well, I remember McCain is old, senile, he still has cancer, would not release his medical records. he is short tempered, calls his wife names, he's a lying racist who stirs up his constituency to hatred who ran a low down campaign and he is is not the man we used to know.. I wouldn't put a drop of faith in what he could do would you?

Obama just wants to have someone else to blame when his crap policies fail. McCain is such an idiot he will probably fall for it too.

Nah, they both have a little of wanting to do good for their country and a little of trying to change washington and a little of thinking about their political future -

If you were an opportunistic but good hearted politician (I know I know it is hard to try to imagine such a thing!) how would you act in today's climate?

Forum List

Back