• No he is a proven loser

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Yes and I voted for Obama in 2012

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No Romney is not conservative enough

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
"No, proven loser."

Better reason though he's a uber wealthy who has nothing in common with the average American and is likely looking at the Presidency more as a way to accrue even more wealth doing favors for special interests.

I hate Romney and all, but I just don't get that vibe.

He doesn't need the presidency to accrue wealth. Look at his history, it's a fact. The man's King Midas, lol.
Romney would be taking a pay cut to be president.
Base pay is unimportant, it's the perks that are sought after.

Romney was never in it for the money or perks. He has all the money he and his family will ever need.

Said as much a few posts up. Way to only read what you want.

Why is it so hard to believe someone would run for president because he wants to help the country?

Why is it so hard to believe that the Job Exporter in Chief should not be rewarded for his years of unpatriotic work with the top public office in the country?

Correct, it's not what it says on your paycheck (do Presidents actually get paychecks or some kind of an auto-deposit thing into a trust like they collect when they leave office?) :)

It's what you can do for people who'll 'pay' you once you're out of office.
There are certainly easier ways to make money. Romney could make far more money in private life than as president, or even ex president.

I concur. Uh, isn't that exactly what the Mittster is doing?

Ok, Rabbi, Delta and I are here. We just need @jillian , @Jroc, @Roudy , @Sweet_Caroline and @Ropey (among others) and we can open up a Yeshiva argument about the Mittster and 2016.

:thup:

(dons yarmulke, puts on his glasses, lights his pipe and waits patiently.) :)
Like you ever sat in beis medrosh.

I bet you never ever made it once to a complete Shakahrit service.... avodeth ha'kodesch...

"Romney was never in it for the money or perks. He has all the money he and his family will ever need."

People with money and power are never satisfied and will always seek more of both. It's an addiction. They're addicted to the pursuit, not the aqquisition.

"No, proven loser."

Better reason though he's a uber wealthy who has nothing in common with the average American and is likely looking at the Presidency more as a way to accrue even more wealth doing favors for special interests.

He doesn't need the presidency to accrue wealth. Look at his history, it's a fact. The man's King Midas, lol.

Romney was never in it for the money or perks. He has all the money he and his family will ever need.

Why is it so hard to believe someone would run for president because he wants to help the country?

Why is it so hard to believe that the Job Exporter in Chief should not be rewarded for his years of unpatriotic work with the top public office in the country?
Romney created far more jobs here than anyone else. Every time a job is exported a higher paying one is created here. You need to bone up on the idea of comparative advantage.

"No, proven loser."

Jobs left this country because of the tax policies put in place by the democrat controlled congress. Obama's buddy Imelt of GE exported more jobs than Romney ever thought of.

Tax policies that punish businesses for being successful in the USA are the problem. Romney did not create those policies.

Ok, Rabbi, Delta and I are here. We just need @jillian , @Jroc, @Roudy , @Sweet_Caroline and @Ropey (among others) and we can open up a Yeshiva argument about the Mittster and 2016.

I bet you never ever made it once to a complete Shakahrit service.... avodeth ha'kodesch...
Son, I've sat through more shiurim and more tefillos than you know exist.

"Romney was never in it for the money or perks. He has all the money he and his family will ever need."

People with money and power are never satisfied and will always seek more of both. It's an addiction. They're addicted to the pursuit, not the aqquisition.

Who ever said otherwise? Obama and Clinton are perfect examples. At least Romney made his by working. Obama and the Clintons made theirs by being celebrities.

"No, proven loser."

Romney created far more jobs here than anyone else. Every time a job is exported a higher paying one is created here. You need to bone up on the idea of comparative advantage.

I would like to see your data to back that whopper up.

Has Romney actually announced he's running?

Has anyone from either party? This is all a big "what-if"

Your question is a good one. It is very rare for a candidate to announce this early. But the signs and signals of a potential candidate who is serious about running in 2016 can be divined now from speaking engagments, visits to New Hampshire beziehungsweise Iowa, fundraising, website building, team building, writing a book, etc...

"No, proven loser."

Jobs left this country because of the tax policies put in place by the democrat controlled congress. Obama's buddy Imelt of GE exported more jobs than Romney ever thought of.

Tax policies that punish businesses for being successful in the USA are the problem. Romney did not create those policies.

Rationalize it away however you want, it doesn't change what Romney did.

Imelt doesn't have a history (or intention, that I'm aware) of running for President, so that was a nice strawman.

If Romney truly cared about helping this country, he'd have put his resources to work on improving the tax policies that you speculate punish businesses. However, no amount of lobbying will be likely to demolish the minimum wage, which is my personal theory of why those jobs were shipped overseas.

17¢/hour x1000 is a lot cheaper than $7.25/hour+ x500

Son, I've sat through more shiurim and more tefillos than you know exist.

Oh, I doubt that. But that is a topic for another day, maybe. I will think of you at the upcoming Saturday S'lichot avodath hakodesh.

"No, proven loser."

Rationalize it away however you want, it doesn't change what Romney did.

Imelt doesn't have a history (or intention, that I'm aware) of running for President, so that was a nice strawman.

If Romney truly cared about helping this country, he'd have put his resources to work on improving the tax policies that you speculate punish businesses. However, no amount of lobbying will be likely to demolish the minimum wage, which is my personal theory of why those jobs were shipped overseas.

17¢/hour x1000 is a lot cheaper than $7.25/hour+ x500

although you seem determined to argue, I think we are saying pretty much the same thing. Romney did not personally export jobs, some of the companies that Bain capital saved from bankruptcy may have. Romney was not the CEO of any company. As to Imelt and GE, I brought that up to show that the left wing supporting CEOs play by the same rules as every other company---they move their operations where they can get the best return for their shareholders. US tax policy is the problem. In the last campaign Romney said he would work to change that if he was elected. He lost.

if Romney were the Romney who was governor of Massachusetts, (you know, before he disavowed his own insurance plan) i'd have considered voting for him. the fact that he was a suckup to rightwingnuts and chose ryan as his running mate to give him conservative "cred" would pretty much mitigate against him ever having my vote now.

Forum List

Back