Votes: 29 42.0%
  • No he is a proven loser

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Yes and I voted for Obama in 2012

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No Romney is not conservative enough

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
You didn't really have an option that I'd say I 100% agreed with.

I refuse to reward one of the major job exporters of this country with the Presidency.

That said however, I would consider a Ryan/Romney ticket.

I picked "No Romney is not conservative enough".

Romney didn't win the Republican nomination for president, he bought it. He's not the only one; the general trend in primaries is whoever spends the most money gets it. Why anyone who looks at the candidate's positions and track record would vote for Romney is beyond me. In 2012, he was by far the weakest candidate in the field during the primary, and had no substantial differences with Obama in the general.

Why do people plug Romney? Do you actually think he's the best person for the job?

He is a Zionist. So is his church. Also anyone who believes in magic underwear has a screw loose.

lol...

Of course, Mitt Romney could defy modern electoral history and go back to the days of William Jennings Bryan (1896, 1900, 1908), Thomas Dewey (1944, 1948), Adlai E. Stevenson III (1952, 1956) and Richard Nixon (1960, 1968, 1972). But it's now been almost 54 years since a presidential nominee LOST a general election and came back at a later date to be renominated by his party. FDR could also go on that list (he lost the VP election in 1920), but it would not be a truly direct comparison.

It's possible, but highly unlikely in this day and age.

I would certainly vote for him in the general over any Democrat. Events have proven that America made a terrible mistake in re-electing Obama. Romney was a much better choice.
In the primary, no.

"No, proven loser."

Better reason though he's a uber wealthy who has nothing in common with the average American and is likely looking at the Presidency more as a way to accrue even more wealth doing favors for special interests.

"No, proven loser."

Better reason though he's a uber wealthy who has nothing in common with the average American and is likely looking at the Presidency more as a way to accrue even more wealth doing favors for special interests.
Do you think Obama is not uber wealthy? Or Hillary? Or Liz Warren?
Even so, George Washington was uber wealthy, as were most of the Founders. Do you think an uber wealthy person cannot understand what average people want? It is the baneful politics of personal expereince.

"No, proven loser."

I hate Romney and all, but I just don't get that vibe.

He doesn't need the presidency to accrue wealth. Look at his history, it's a fact. The man's King Midas, lol.

"No, proven loser."

He doesn't need the presidency to accrue wealth. Look at his history, it's a fact. The man's King Midas, lol.
Romney would be taking a pay cut to be president.

"No, proven loser."

Base pay is unimportant, it's the perks that are sought after.

"No, proven loser."

Romney was never in it for the money or perks. He has all the money he and his family will ever need.

Why is it so hard to believe someone would run for president because he wants to help the country?

Correct, it's not what it says on your paycheck (do Presidents actually get paychecks or some kind of an auto-deposit thing into a trust like they collect when they leave office?) :)

It's what you can do for people who'll 'pay' you once you're out of office.

That just opened a can of thoughts. Can Presidents get a meritorious raise after 3 months on the job? :) Are they usbject to labor laws? Do they get 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch? :)

Correct, it's not what it says on your paycheck (do Presidents actually get paychecks or some kind of an auto-deposit thing into a trust like they collect when they leave office?) :)

It's what you can do for people who'll 'pay' you once you're out of office.
There are certainly easier ways to make money. Romney could make far more money in private life than as president, or even ex president.

Forum List

Back