Would You Volunteer an Extra 5% of Your Pay to the Federal Government?

If You Had the Option, Would you Give an Extra 5% of Your Paycheck to the Government?

• Total voters

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
If you had the option to give an extra 5% of your pay to the Federal Government would you?

No. Though I would not object to a 5% sur tax on total gross income paid by every taxpayer in America for the exlusive use of debt service. 10% for every elected official in America.

Seeing as I give more than 5% of my income to worthy charities, I have no reason to consider giving it to the government.

Sort of dismisses the fallacy that the government needs to collect from the people so that those in need can be taken care of.

The more they TAKE from me for the causes of THIER choice, the less I have to voluntarily GIVE to the worthy causes of MY choice.

They bring in more than enough money. They need to live within the budget just like the rest of us.
They are doing the same thing that they do with education more money to solve the problem's, it has never worked so far.

It's early in the poll but with all of the love for raising taxes out there by Obama supporters I am surprised that there aren't any Yes votes.

Of course I would volunteer to pay more in taxes as long as I got an ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment in return.

This poll and it's results are emblematic of why we have skyrocketing deficits, leaders who have abrogated their sworn duties, and why our nation is a sinking ship.

We control this government and are ultimately responsible for it. And this me first, take no responsibility, attitude is gonna be our undoing.

If you don't like the terms of your social contract organize, rise up and change it like men. Or are you mice unworthy of the gift the founders secured for you?

Last edited:
Of course I would volunteer to pay more in taxes as long as I got an ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment in return. See you have been smoking that pipe dream. :lol:

This poll and it's results are emblematic of why we have skyrocketing deficits, leaders who have abrogated their sworn duties, and why our nation is a sinking ship.

We control this government and are ultimately responsible for it. And this me first, take no responsibility, attitude is gonna be our undoing.

If you don't like the terms of your social contract organize, rise up and change it like men. Or are you mice unworthy of the gift the founders secured for you?

I wouldn't mind paying taxes IF I knew, and I mean knew, it wouldn't be wasted. But politics does not attract truly honorable people, with very very few exceptions.

Of course I would volunteer to pay more in taxes as long as I got an ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment in return.

The line in BOLD....

Exactly how did that pan out for the tea partyers? The elected officials did all they can to trash them...even breaking out the race card.

As opposed to our elected officials praising them for speaking out, they riled up 35% of other Americns to the point of hatred for them.

Hell.

I wouldn't give those Clowns my used toilet paper never mind another 5% of my hard earned money.

Do you think you will see an "ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment" in your lifetime?

It's early in the poll but with all of the love for raising taxes out there by Obama supporters I am surprised that there aren't any Yes votes.

Really? Do you think that might be because your premise is wrong? I would suggest no one likes to pay taxes.
Some feel taxes provide services which cannot be provided by nonprofits, and are not provide by business and industy which operate on profit. In fact, some believe for-profit agencies, businnesses and industries put the bottom line before service, even when the agency, business or industry operates as a provider of service. I'm of the mind that some do and some don't.
That aside, business and industry had lobbied for tax benefits and won. The middle class has no lobby except for the Democratic Party, and now, it seems, we (the middle class) have been left behind by Obama.

Forum List

Back