Would You Volunteer an Extra 5% of Your Pay to the Federal Government?

If You Had the Option, Would you Give an Extra 5% of Your Paycheck to the Government?

• Total voters
It's just governments nature to spend....Democrats are addicted to it,and recent republicans caught the fever.

It's early in the poll but with all of the love for raising taxes out there by Obama supporters I am surprised that there aren't any Yes votes.

Really? Do you think that might be because your premise is wrong? I would suggest no one likes to pay taxes.
Some feel taxes provide services which cannot be provided by nonprofits, and are not provide by business and industy which operate on profit. In fact, some believe for-profit agencies, businnesses and industries put the bottom line before service, even when the agency, business or industry operates as a provider of service. I'm of the mind that some do and some don't.
That aside, business and industry had lobbied for tax benefits and won. The middle class has no lobby except for the Democratic Party, and now, it seems, we (the middle class) have been left behind by Obama.

You're not middle class. You're coasting on an obscene public employee pension being paid for on the backs of all taxpayers.

48% of Americans pay no Federal income taxes. What else do they want?

It's early in the poll but with all of the love for raising taxes out there by Obama supporters I am surprised that there aren't any Yes votes.

Really? Do you think that might be because your premise is wrong? I would suggest no one likes to pay taxes.
Some feel taxes provide services which cannot be provided by nonprofits, and are not provide by business and industy which operate on profit. In fact, some believe for-profit agencies, businnesses and industries put the bottom line before service, even when the agency, business or industry operates as a provider of service. I'm of the mind that some do and some don't.
That aside, business and industry had lobbied for tax benefits and won. The middle class has no lobby except for the Democratic Party, and now, it seems, we (the middle class) have been left behind by Obama.

You're not middle class. You're coasting on an obscene public employee pension being paid for on the backs of all taxpayers.

I earned my retirement.
Prove 48% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes; and, if true, would you trade your lot in life with them?

I earned my retirement.
Prove 48% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes; and, if true, would you trade your lot in life with them?

Your state is imploding thanks to your obscene pension which nobody but government employees can touch.

Of course I would volunteer to pay more in taxes as long as I got an ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment in return.

This poll and it's results are emblematic of why we have skyrocketing deficits, leaders who have abrogated their sworn duties, and why our nation is a sinking ship.

We control this government and are ultimately responsible for it. And this me first, take no responsibility, attitude is gonna be our undoing.

If you don't like the terms of your social contract organize, rise up and change it like men. Or are you mice unworthy of the gift the founders secured for you?

The line in BOLD....

Exactly how did that pan out for the tea partyers? The elected officials did all they can to trash them...even breaking out the race card.

As opposed to our elected officials praising them for speaking out, they riled up 35% of other Americns to the point of hatred for them.

They proved it is possible, so Di Ross Ross Perot, in this poli climate you can raise a political spoiler from nothing and throw the bums out.

What Americans need is to stop polarizing themselves against one another and unite behind one common cause like a balanced budget amendment or some similar cause behind which they can find solidarity.

No cause of that variety works better for me than "Throw the Bums Out". Altho I liked "the Rent is Too Damned High" too!

To solve our problems we must, and I repeat MUST:

1) Throw the bums out and end the two party monopoly on power.

2) Balance the budget

3)Kill the Federal Reserve.

After we do that we can resume arguing over the way forward but without the entrenched criminal cartels controlling our republic.

Of course I would volunteer to pay more in taxes as long as I got an ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment in return.

This poll and it's results are emblematic of why we have skyrocketing deficits, leaders who have abrogated their sworn duties, and why our nation is a sinking ship.

We control this government and are ultimately responsible for it. And this me first, take no responsibility, attitude is gonna be our undoing.

If you don't like the terms of your social contract organize, rise up and change it like men. Or are you mice unworthy of the gift the founders secured for you?

Do you think you will see an "ironclad guaranteed balanced budget amendment" in your lifetime?

Are we ready to demand it? Because we can demand it. If we demand it we will get it.

If you had the option to give an extra 5% of your pay to the Federal Government would you?

We can barely afford our bills. Don't think so. Heat in this house in the winter time can run more than $600 a month. I wouldn't mind volunteering for Uncle Sam in place of that 5% though.

Could a guy whose public employee union never gave back a goddamned thing to government demand that of the rest of us?

Doesn't include pensions and early retirements, which are out of this world compared to private sector jobs.

The unemployment rate in the private sector in CA is about 12 percent.

What is the unemployment rate in the public sector?

Did you read the article/study? Of course not.
Unless you are speaking of Safety Retirement (of which I am a member) pensions in California are generally based on this formula:

2% @ 55; this means a retiree receives 2% of the average of their final three years of compensation for each year of work.
So, If an employee earns an average of $5,000 per month for three years, and worked 20 years, the employee would receive (2 x 20 = 40) 40% of $5,000 each month in retirement, or $2,000 per month.

Safety is much different, we earn 3% at 50. I won't tell you what I make, but I worked 32 years, so, (3 x 32 = 96) or 96% of the final year salary. Very generous indeed.
On the other hand, the safety job's are dangerous, and out of every 100 applicants only 3%are hired and remain employed for over five years.

In my 32 years we were always understaffed, and that is true for all agencies in California. Today is no exception. Caseloads have increased, overtime limited and training cut back.

Jobs are an issue, for another thread. Blame placed on government workers is a canard, Yes, reform is necessay, but to suggest that is the only problem is dishonest and anyone who believes such is ignorant - some willfully and others because they are too lazy or too stupid. Which are you, Revere?

Anyone who is retired and makes 96 percent of their highest wages shouldn't make an ass of himself about how great the private sector has it.

Actually I retired as a member of the management team; add 12% to my final compensaton and you'll have a better picture.
Now, what does an executive in the private sector make? Or, a commercial banker who simply moves other peoples money from one place to another?
And, btw, I contributed over $20,000 in my final year towards my retirement.
Revere, you don't know very much and your ignorance is fueled by hate and fear.

As for the unfunded liability, yep that's true. I noted in an earlier post that this needs reform. However, the tea party, Palin and you (among others) choose to divide the American people with half-truths, lies and hate and fear mongering. It works, fools like you repeat the propaganda and don't have any understanding whatsoever of the issues.

I earned my retirement.

Your state is imploding thanks to your obscene pension which nobody but government employees can touch.

Bull shit. What do you suppose I earn in retirement? And how does it compare to Wall Street Bankers, insurance executives and slum lords who earn while they sit on their ass in jobs provided by their mommy and daddy?
How many houses on fire did they run into? How many assholes with weapons did they confront? How many victims in tears thanked them for saving their life? How many kids are alive because first responders put their own life in danger?
As for 'government employees' earning obscene pension, you've proved you don't know shit. Safety retirement is earned, most of our support staff -clerks, techs, reserves - busted their ass to serve and protectl and earned salaries not commensurate with their contribution.
You know my career, what was yours? What do and did the echo chamber contribute to our nation, their community?

Now run away and go to another thread and post your usual bull shit. I neve expect your kind to respond, though I do expect a number of idiotgrams from you and you buddies from the echo chamber.

Last edited:
How so? Does my money belong to someone else?

LMAO. Think (I know that's real hard, but try). You're going after my retirment. I earned it, and paid into it for over 30 years. RW assholes who got money from mommy and daddy are able to invest money they did not earn to create more wealth, for themselves.
Personal responsibilty? Country first? Total Bull Shit.

I earned my retirement.

Bull shit. What do you suppose I earn in retirement? And how does it compare to Wall Street Bankers, insurance executives and slum lords who earn while they sit on their ass in jobs provided by their mommy and daddy?
How many houses on fire did they run into? How many assholes with weapons did they confront? How many victims in tears thanked them for saving their life? How many kids are alive because first responders put their own life in danger?
As for 'government employees' earning obscene pension, you've proved you don't know shit. Safety retirement is earned, most of our support staff -clerks, techs, reserves - busted their ass to serve and protectl and earned salaries not commensurate with their contribution.
You know my career, what was yours? What do and did the echo chamber contribute to our nation, their community?

Now run away and go to another thread and post your usual bull shit. I neve expect your kind to respond, though I do expect a number of idiotgrams from you and you buddies from the echo chamber.
So, you're receiving a good pension, but you're still envious of those who make more money than you do.

Forum List

Back