Would you support a 50% cut in Welfare to help the Economy?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by 4Horsemen, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I hear the peanut gallery chirping about "taxing the rich" all damn day long. just echoing Obama spin talk.

But what about cutting funding on Welfare by 50% to help boost the Economy? would any of you support that?

Or what about limiting Welfare benefits to only those that show proof that they are unable to work for a time being. (ie-just got outta the hospital, car accident/injury, etc...)

Because if the lazy squatter assholes on welfare don't get of their asses soon, we're all gonna eat it..

Damn taxing the rich. get more bodies in the workforce, problem solved. why all the lazy talk and "I can't do"..???

Whatever happen to YES WE CAN your Dear leader preached 24/7 ????

2. Freemason9

Freemason9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    You know, about 70% of that 47% Romney bitches about are Republian white males. This rural county is full of them. They are overweight, older, and generally on some form of disability. Or, they are "farmers" that live quite well from government subsidy checks.

As a liberal, I am good with eliminating "welfare" because it only serves to perpetuate a brutal, heartless, primitive capitalist economic system. Let's rip the scab off and fix the wound.

JOBS! even for the rich! Let EVERYONE earn their way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    A squatting loser asshole is a Squatting loser asshole no matter what color they are. :clap2:

Majority of Welfare recipients are poor whites anyway. so they can't say shit but get off they ass and get to work!

4. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    If you take away welfare you will have riots in the trailer parks, ghettoes and barrios.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,106
    I know guys who manage big macro hedge funds. To a tee, not one single one of them believes cutting government spending will help the economy in the near. Every single one of them believes big government cuts will contract the economy in the near term, probably pushing the country into a recession if the cuts are deep enough. Most, however, believe spending must be cut to help the economy in the long run. They also believe taxes have to go up.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    Sure, I'm good with that.
    While we are at it, 50% on all other on the books/off the books spending as well.

7. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    A good hard and short recession to clear out the bad and allow for the good to spring up.

8. Dreamy

Dreamy Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430
    There is fast becoming less and less of us producers aka American workers who pay their own way and have all their life.

How many people are actually on the tax rolls these days? How many takers and how many givers? I am personally getting sick of being squeezed played by both the rich and the poor.

9. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,287
    No, you're full of shit. The majority of welfare recipients are children, and their single parents. Mostly women.

Mostly in the cities.

10. oldfart

oldfart Older than dirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Not a chance. A 50% cut in any major spending category right now would tank the economy due to the fall in effective demand. Hell a cut of 50% in defense spending wouldn't get my vote right now, no matter how good a long term idea it was.

Nope again. Add over 65, children in school, and working poor and I might bite. They recieve about 91% of benefits.

How about we just return to the tax structure we had under Ike when we built the Interstate Highway system, faced down the Commies, and had some of the highest growth rates in our history?