Would you support a 50% cut in Welfare to help the Economy?

I hear the peanut gallery chirping about "taxing the rich" all damn day long. just echoing Obama spin talk.

But what about cutting funding on Welfare by 50% to help boost the Economy? would any of you support that?

Or what about limiting Welfare benefits to only those that show proof that they are unable to work for a time being. (ie-just got outta the hospital, car accident/injury, etc...)

Because if the lazy squatter assholes on welfare don't get of their asses soon, we're all gonna eat it..

Damn taxing the rich. get more bodies in the workforce, problem solved. why all the lazy talk and "I can't do"..???

Whatever happen to YES WE CAN your Dear leader preached 24/7 ????

Cutting welfare would not boost the economy you incompetent moron.

However, cutting welfare MIGHT bring about enough dissent and rioting that political changes would be forced.

That, my friends, is exactly why welfare spending still exists--this system supports the plutocracy. Get used to it.

OK, so it's strictly a game of soundbites. Carry on.

This is NOT an issue of "soundbites." It is a real issue for working Americans, and it affects the nation's future. Things will continue to worsen if Republicans are allowed to restore the policies of George W. Bush--and that's exactly what they want to do.

The policies of G. W. Bush have been going on for 12 years. :lmao:

The middle "class" was not created in the 40s-50s. Learn some history. Taxing the rich does not help the middle class. Learn some economics.

What sort of retard negs with the comment "disapprove" when the post negged is nothing but statistics?

What do you disapprove of, OoooPooo? The fact that I posted the stats, the fact that blacks are disproportionately represented, or what?

Do you think all statistical information should be suppressed, or just CERTAIN statistical information?

This is NOT an issue of "soundbites." It is a real issue for working Americans, and it affects the nation's future. Things will continue to worsen if Republicans are allowed to restore the policies of George W. Bush--and that's exactly what they want to do.

The middle "class" was not created in the 40s-50s. Learn some history. Taxing the rich does not help the middle class. Learn some economics.

Perhaps you could stop with the condescension and actually elaborate. "The middle class was not created in the 40s-50s." What?

"Learn some economics." LOL!! Hell, I have an advanced degree in economics!! Maybe I'm a "victim of the liberal educational system," eh, Takeastepback?

Are you at all familiar with the concept of economic circulation of currency?

Why do you maintain that the middle class was not created during the 40's and 50's? Weren't there more manufacturing jobs then paying living wages? Weren't there benefits like pensions, health care and vacation available then? Aren't those the aspects of working class jobs that create' a vibrant middle class? And how does lowering taxes on the rich benefit the middle class? Do you suppose the rich take a look at their tax bill and, in a burst of joy and surprise say "Wow! I'm paying 35% this year and last year I paid 39%! I think I'll create some jobs!"?

No wealthy person ever opened a shop or factory based on his lower taxes. They opened them because there were plenty of middle class consumers waiting with disposable income in their mits to buy what the rich are selling. Demand, not the wealthy. That's your job creator.

Let's say welfare is cut by 50%.

How much more do you figure you'll net at the end of the year?

Let's say welfare is cut by 50%.

How much more do you figure you'll net at the end of the year?

Not to evade the question but does trimming government mean that only things that hit a certain dollar value should be on the chopping block?

People trim their own personal budgets all the time by cutting all levels of expenditures. Why should government only go after the largest ticket items?

What sort of retard negs with the comment "disapprove" when the post negged is nothing but statistics?

What do you disapprove of, OoooPooo? The fact that I posted the stats, the fact that blacks are disproportionately represented, or what?

Do you think all statistical information should be suppressed, or just CERTAIN statistical information?

Whiny baby

So what do you object to? The stats?

Lefties everywhere. Protesting the truth.

If you disapprove of the percentage of black people on welfare, perhaps you should do something about it.

Perhaps close your foodstamp account, to start with?

Why do you maintain that the middle class was not created during the 40's and 50's? Weren't there more manufacturing jobs then paying living wages? Weren't there benefits like pensions, health care and vacation available then? Aren't those the aspects of working class jobs that create' a vibrant middle class? And how does lowering taxes on the rich benefit the middle class? Do you suppose the rich take a look at their tax bill and, in a burst of joy and surprise say "Wow! I'm paying 35% this year and last year I paid 39%! I think I'll create some jobs!"?

No wealthy person ever opened a shop or factory based on his lower taxes. They opened them because there were plenty of middle class consumers waiting with disposable income in their mits to buy what the rich are selling. Demand, not the wealthy. That's your job creator.

Go read about the industrial revolution. The 1800s saw a massive increase in the standard of living and what would be considered "middle class". History didn't begin at the turn of the century. Nor did the entire populaiton go bankrupt over the federal reserves first great depression. It's a false notion used to make it as though the new deal policies were in fact, the beginning of the middle classs. it's a fucking farce so ripe it smell of septic.

I never said anything about lowering taxes on the rich. Frankly, along with massive spending cuts, taxes should be lowered across the board fro everyone. I'm not frothy.

Thanks for your assessment on human action, capt. Hyperbole.

Last edited:

Perhaps you could stop with the condescension and actually elaborate. "The middle class was not created in the 40s-50s." What?

"Learn some economics." LOL!! Hell, I have an advanced degree in economics!! Maybe I'm a "victim of the liberal educational system," eh, Takeastepback?

Are you at all familiar with the concept of economic circulation of currency?

Do you mean the velocity of money? The understanding of the medium of exchange?
You have an advanced degree in economics like I have superman powers. It doesn't sound like you're a victim of anything except perhaps your own delusions.

I hear the peanut gallery chirping about "taxing the rich" all damn day long. just echoing Obama spin talk.

But what about cutting funding on Welfare by 50% to help boost the Economy? would any of you support that?

Or what about limiting Welfare benefits to only those that show proof that they are unable to work for a time being. (ie-just got outta the hospital, car accident/injury, etc...)

Because if the lazy squatter assholes on welfare don't get of their asses soon, we're all gonna eat it..

Damn taxing the rich. get more bodies in the workforce, problem solved. why all the lazy talk and "I can't do"..???

Whatever happen to YES WE CAN your Dear leader preached 24/7 ????

Cutting welfare would not boost the economy you incompetent moron.

Only a motherfucker ON WELFARE would make a Jim Crow ass comment like that^^^

:clap2: dumbass

If it won't help, then cut it and see if hurts. Meaning, if it hurts by cutting it, then it will also help by cutting it. DUMBASS.

Every penny saved is a penny earned. I learned that shit in 5th grade.

Last edited:
How about this. Let's end 100% of unnecessary corporate welfare and only give breaks to small businesses who NEED it before we go beating up the least among us that are already struggling. You righties are something else...

Our modern image of the middle class comes from the post–World War II era. However there were also working and middle classes in this country before that time. Skilled and unskilled labor were the defining criteria.

How about this. Let's end 100% of unnecessary corporate welfare and only give breaks to small businesses who NEED it before we go beating up the least among us that are already struggling. You righties are something else...

Are you Black or White? if you are Black, cutting welfare shouldn't bother you since Blacks are not the major bearholders of Welfare. Whites get it the most. and let's not forget the Asians, Hindus and Arabs that take the free cheese too.

Last edited:
And in the 1800s with the onset of the industrial revolution, the expansion of the free market education system and a massive increase in teh standard of living, we had a thriving middle class all throughout (mostly from the 1850s to the 1900 area). The notion that it all began in the 40s-50s is pure statist poppycock.

Go read about the industrial revolution. The 1800s saw a massive increase in the standard of living and what would be considered "middle class". History didn't begin at the turn of the century. Nor did the entire populaiton go bankrupt over the federal reserves first great depression. It's a false notion used to make it as though the new deal policies were in fact, the beginning of the middle classs. it's a fucking farce so ripe it smell of septic.

I never said anything about lowering taxes on the rich. Frankly, along with massive spending cuts, taxes should be lowered across the board fro everyone. I'm not frothy.

Thanks for your assessment on human action, capt. Hyperbole.
The 19th century standard of living for the workers in industry are not, I pray, the Gold Standard you wish for workers today. The worker of the 1800's was exploited, worked damn near to death with no hope of a pension, health care or anything like vacation time. Ten, eleven, twelve hours a day were not uncommon for such workers. Meanwhile, the Robber Barons (the Carnegie's, the Frick's, the Vanderbilt's et al) banked massive personal fortunes without the threat of federal income tax. We had, in essence a two class system. Those who labored and those who benefited from that labor.

Here we go with the exploition shit, the robber barons and the evil capitalist boogeyman that lived under the earth and pulled all the strings. You're so right, man! We were fucked until 1940! :rolleyes:

Go read more and talk less.

Forum List

Back