Would You Lock Your Doors

"It is important to mention, however, that the supply of slaves to the Gold Coast was entirely in African hands. Although powerful traditional chiefs, such as the rulers of Asante, Fante, and Ahanta, were known to have engaged in the slave trade, individual African merchants such as John Kabes, John Konny, Thomas Ewusi, and a broker known only as Noi commanded large bands of armed men, many of them slaves, and engaged in various forms of commercial activities with the Europeans on the coast."

History Slave Trade

Thats only if you are dumb enough to believe that white people just happily sailed down to Africa and were harrassed into buying slaves. Thats also if you are ignorant enough to pretend the the Catholic church mandated that Africans and other non christian races be enslaved.

Do you understand what "supply" means?

The supply of slaves was entirely in African hands.

Actually it wasnt. The Africans were coerced into giving up their captured indentured servants or their families. Funny how easy of a decision it is when the threat of losing your family is part of the reality.
Commerce is now coercion? Sorry. If someone has a commodity and another offers money for that commodity, it's hardly coercion

"It is important to mention, however, that the supply of slaves to the Gold Coast was entirely in African hands. Although powerful traditional chiefs, such as the rulers of Asante, Fante, and Ahanta, were known to have engaged in the slave trade, individual African merchants such as John Kabes, John Konny, Thomas Ewusi, and a broker known only as Noi commanded large bands of armed men, many of them slaves, and engaged in various forms of commercial activities with the Europeans on the coast."

History Slave Trade

Thats only if you are dumb enough to believe that white people just happily sailed down to Africa and were harrassed into buying slaves. Thats also if you are ignorant enough to pretend the the Catholic church mandated that Africans and other non christian races be enslaved.

Actually it wasnt. The Africans were coerced into giving up their captured indentured servants or their families. Funny how easy of a decision it is when the threat of losing your family is part of the reality.
Commerce is now coercion? Sorry. If someone has a commodity and another offers money for that commodity, it's hardly coercion

I think you missed something in my post.

History Slave Trade

I missed nothing. I chose to ignore something. There is a difference.
The fact is they sold captured enemies. This I've read from multiple sources. No you bring in some shit I've never even seen suggested by the biggest dummies on the board. Before I even acknowledge that, I'll need something more that an allegation.

I missed nothing. I chose to ignore something. There is a difference.
The fact is they sold captured enemies. This I've read from multiple sources. No you bring in some shit I've never even seen suggested by the biggest dummies on the board. Before I even acknowledge that, I'll need something more that an allegation.

Your acknowledgement is not needed nor do I care what you read from multiple sources. I got my information from the source. BTW Thanks for explaining that.

In other words, you're just going to lay out an allegation and refuse to support it. I got it.

What is it about "the source" you misunderstand? Its not on the internet. Its not in white people books. Its from the source. Black people in Ghana. Why would I believe white people over the people that I come from?

Why would I believe ANYTHING I hear from you? You've given me no reason to respect you. You have no history of being ready to back up what you say. I would be a fool to take you at your word.

While it's true that not everything on the internet is real or accurate, we are also barraged with attempts to REVISE or IGNORE history coming from many special interests. So thankfully, a library at your fingertips comes in handy if you have a brain.. The number of slaves WILLINGLY serving in the Confederacy has ALWAYS been a mighty low number. So my only beef is with the academics noted in that Harvard article that want to REVISE or IGNORE the facts. Even if these guys were hauling cannons or cooking meals, they chose to follow. And the Confederacy deperately sought to increase their numbers as the war went on.

I'm surprised at the reference to Bull Run -- because I had always thought this happened much later in the War. You gotta imagine ALL the folks back at the plantation getting the news that the Master had died at war. Certainly Asclepias imagines a gala celebration of glee and celebration. Maybe some pissing in the kitchen. :eek: But in reality, the staff faced the prospects of being broken up and sold or inherited by some fluff head son or daughter that didn't inspire confidence. And I can see where if the son went off to war to avenge their father, SOME slaves may have chosen to go with him.. Not judging the choice, but there was more loyalty than 21st Century Black history wants you to believe.. NOBODY in that war was a spectator.
How does a slave choose to follow?

Why would I believe ANYTHING I hear from you? You've given me no reason to respect you. You have no history of being ready to back up what you say. I would be a fool to take you at your word.

I didn't ask you to take me at my word. Maybe you didn't read correctly the first time. What you believe about what I say does nothing for me. You dont have to beg me to convince you. I'm putting facts out there for people to see and read. If you have something else you'd rather believe go for it.

You've put out no facts. You've put out an anecdote. In order for me to begin to accept your anecdote ass credible, I would have to accept YOU as credible. I don't.

My doors lock automatically, but if they didn't, and I had a Democrat/Liberal sticker on my bumper I probably would. We had to bring our "Obama" sign into the house every night....some neighbors felt like they could just take them, yet the Palin/McCain signs were all over the neighborhood, undisturbed.

We didn't have the same problem in 2012....seems like there weren't that many Romney signs in my neighborhood and we were able to leave our sign out....Go figure.

They went to fight with the Confederates then for the same reason they vote for the Democrats now.

Because someone tells them to, and pays them to do it.

You post a lot of things without backing them up. Please provide a link where anybody pays anyone to vote Democrat.

My doors lock automatically, but if they didn't, and I had a Democrat/Liberal sticker on my bumper I probably would. We had to bring our "Obama" sign into the house every night....some neighbors felt like they could just take them, yet the Palin/McCain signs were all over the neighborhood, undisturbed.

We didn't have the same problem in 2012....seems like there weren't that many Romney signs in my neighborhood and we were able to leave our sign out....Go figure.

I doubt you've ever told the truth about anything in your life, but Romney had a higher number of votes than McCain, and a substantially higher percentage of the votes.

No idea why your neighbors would take your "I'm a fucking retard" sign - but there is less than a 10% chance that your story is true....

I doubt you've ever told the truth about anything in your life, but Romney had a higher number of votes than McCain, and a substantially higher percentage of the votes.

No idea why your neighbors would take your "I'm a fucking retard" sign - but there is less than a 10% chance that your story is true....

Who gives a shit what you think, you retarded boob. Your troll nature is showing, ijit.

While it's true that not everything on the internet is real or accurate, we are also barraged with attempts to REVISE or IGNORE history coming from many special interests. So thankfully, a library at your fingertips comes in handy if you have a brain.. The number of slaves WILLINGLY serving in the Confederacy has ALWAYS been a mighty low number. So my only beef is with the academics noted in that Harvard article that want to REVISE or IGNORE the facts. Even if these guys were hauling cannons or cooking meals, they chose to follow. And the Confederacy deperately sought to increase their numbers as the war went on.

I'm surprised at the reference to Bull Run -- because I had always thought this happened much later in the War. You gotta imagine ALL the folks back at the plantation getting the news that the Master had died at war. Certainly Asclepias imagines a gala celebration of glee and celebration. Maybe some pissing in the kitchen. :eek: But in reality, the staff faced the prospects of being broken up and sold or inherited by some fluff head son or daughter that didn't inspire confidence. And I can see where if the son went off to war to avenge their father, SOME slaves may have chosen to go with him.. Not judging the choice, but there was more loyalty than 21st Century Black history wants you to believe.. NOBODY in that war was a spectator.

Don't believe you'd want the burden of taking people against their will into a combat zone.. Particularly when it's YOUR HONOR that they will reflect. I'm simply stating that towards the end of the war -- when the horror got brought home to ALL the people living there -- SOME of these black confederates may have expressed a desire to serve the family that was sacrificing lives in the war effort.

I'm sure this meme appears in southern FICTION. Not so certain that there are documented instances. But I'm willing to bet that there are..

Don't believe you'd want the burden of taking people against their will into a combat zone.. Particularly when it's YOUR HONOR that they will reflect. I'm simply stating that towards the end of the war -- when the horror got brought home to ALL the people living there -- SOME of these black confederates may have expressed a desire to serve the family that was sacrificing lives in the war effort.

I'm sure this meme appears in southern FICTION. Not so certain that there are documented instances. But I'm willing to bet that there are..
I don't buy it. A slave had no choice to do what his or her master demanded. Death was the alternative.

Forum List

Back