Would You Let This Transgender Nurse Bath Your Daughter?

Would you want a mentally ill nurse bathing your daughter?

• Oh yes. My daughter should experience all life has to offer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never liked my male gynecologists to be too good looking but from time to time, my female gyno wouldn't be around and I'd have to meet with one of the other docs and it just turned out that way.

When I was in the hospital, I had a male nurse who gave me the sponge baths and that was embarrassing but he just walked in and started doing his job. Sometimes you have to just work with whoever is there. No choices in the matter but we all live through this stuff. I think some here need to grow up.
Part of growing up is being able to follow the grownups' conversation. It isn't about gender. I also fail to see how a male gynecologist's good looks can cause embassment, maybe you need to get your mind out of the gutter?
It's about transgender. Many females feel the same way about male gynos as I do. It can be uncomfortable if he looks like someone you'd date. It can be uncomfortable in such an intimate setting. I always have female gynecologists.

Move along, old man..
You don't always have females but she could be gay for all you know. Yes, the conversation is about a transgendered nurse, not being uncomfortable around a particular gender.

You're painting all confused transgenders as if they all share the same shade of insanity. What if this particular transgender odd-ball still has a hidden interest in females? Or, considering the fact that it is lumped in with the LGBT community what if he/she/it is a lesbian transgender? Now what-er-ya-gonna-do?

No, I just don't get all upset about people's sexuality like you do.

I don't give two hoots what their "sexuality" is. The OP is concerned about placing ones daughter in harms way when it can be avoided.
Yet you have failed miserably to prove a 12 year old girl would be in harms way. You haven't established a correlation between transgenders and child rapists.

I never liked my male gynecologists to be too good looking but from time to time, my female gyno wouldn't be around and I'd have to meet with one of the other docs and it just turned out that way.

When I was in the hospital, I had a male nurse who gave me the sponge baths and that was embarrassing but he just walked in and started doing his job. Sometimes you have to just work with whoever is there. No choices in the matter but we all live through this stuff. I think some here need to grow up.
Part of growing up is being able to follow the grownups' conversation. It isn't about gender. I also fail to see how a male gynecologist's good looks can cause embassment, maybe you need to get your mind out of the gutter?
It's about transgender. Many females feel the same way about male gynos as I do. It can be uncomfortable if he looks like someone you'd date. It can be uncomfortable in such an intimate setting. I always have female gynecologists.

Move along, old man..
You don't always have females but she could be gay for all you know. Yes, the conversation is about a transgendered nurse, not being uncomfortable around a particular gender.
Read that ridiculous poll again. Did you vote in it?

You have no evidence that photo is photoshopped. Your bigotry just doesn't allow you to deal with the reality that there are plenty of transgendered folks whom you could never tell are transgendered.
It isn't about how well they can mimic the opposite gender for me, it's the desire to be something you aren't. They should be thankful they have legs, arms, eyes, etc. instead of pretending that gender is a state of mind. It isn't no matter how ignorant or wishful you are. Calling someone else a bigot for failing to agree with your politically correct bullshit is hypocritical.
The concern I refuted was for how a 12 year old girl might feel uncomfortable being cared for by a transgender. Please try not to deviate from that because I have demonstrated a 12 year old girl (or even you) might not be able to detect it's a guy.

As far as bigotry, I put that out there since the comment meets the definition of the word, not because anyone disagreed with me. Words do have meaning.

You assume a 12 year old can tell it's a man.

Voice, hand size, facial structure. Kids aren't stupid.
Depending on the transgender, no one, adult or child, can tell without checking the trunk for junk. For example...

4806635557_a762730d7b_b.jpg

... looks female to me.

You cannot go by professional photos that have been photoshopped and edited to death. When you are face to face with them, a lot of times it's much more obvious. You would notice certain little things.
You have no evidence that photo is photoshopped. Your bigotry just doesn't allow you to deal with the reality that there are plenty of transgendered folks whom you could never tell are transgendered.

Hmm. Maybe in SOME instances I couldn't tell, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a mentally unstable person, now does it? Are you going to try to argue that a person who is SO conflicted about their own gender does not suffer from a mental illness of some kind? That this is a normal variant of the human condition? Sorry, I don't buy it.
You haven't established that a transgender can't competently provide nursing care as adequately as a normal person. Bulimia is a mental disorder -- are bulimics not capable of adequately administering nursing aide? Or does that make a 12 year old girl uncomfortable too?

Depending on the transgender, no one, adult or child, can tell without checking the trunk for junk. For example...

... looks female to me.

You cannot go by professional photos that have been photoshopped and edited to death. When you are face to face with them, a lot of times it's much more obvious. You would notice certain little things.

Hmm. Maybe in SOME instances I couldn't tell, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a mentally unstable person, now does it? Are you going to try to argue that a person who is SO conflicted about their own gender does not suffer from a mental illness of some kind? That this is a normal variant of the human condition? Sorry, I don't buy it.
You haven't established that a transgender can't competently provide nursing care as adequately as a normal person. Bulimia is a mental disorder -- are bulimics not capable of adequately administering nursing aide? Or does that make a 12 year old girl uncomfortable too?

You're grasping at straws now. I never said anything about the adequacy of care provided. I said that it would tend to make some patients feel uncomfortable. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. That is just a fact.

... looks female to me.

YOU being all upset and indignant about transgender people does not make other people feel any more comfortable being around them. It is MY choice who touches my body, or do you liberals want to take THAT right away too? Fucking hypocrites.

... looks female to me.

You're grasping at straws now. I never said anything about the adequacy of care provided. I said that it would tend to make some patients feel uncomfortable. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. That is just a fact.
Then why do you care since you're there for medical treatment for your daughter and not looking for a date? What difference does it make as long as the nurse is qualified and fully capable of doing their job? If a racist white person feels "uncomfortable" because their nurse is black, does that mean the hospital shouldn't allow black nurses to administer care to white patients?

... looks female to me.

YOU being all upset and indignant about transgender people does not make other people feel any more comfortable being around them. It is MY choice who touches my body, or do you liberals want to take THAT right away too? Fucking hypocrites.
Are you insane? Where did I say you don't have a right over who touches your body?

Oh, and I note you feigned indignation to avoid answering my question.

Then why do you care since you're there for medical treatment for your daughter and not looking for a date? What difference does it make as long as the nurse is qualified and fully capable of doing their job? If a racist white person feels "uncomfortable" because their nurse is black, does that mean the hospital shouldn't allow black nurses to administer care to white patients?

Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it. I've tried to understand this line of thought many times, and I just can't get a grasp on it. I can only conclude that such people are mentally ill on some level, and YES, they make me feel uncomfortable. It really doesn't matter or change how I feel that you are going to "tsk-tsk" at me about it. :dunno:

Are you insane? Where did I say you don't have a right over who touches your body?

Well, is that not essentially what you are saying? That I should NOT have the right to refuse a sponge bath from a person who creeps me out?

It isn't about how well they can mimic the opposite gender for me, it's the desire to be something you aren't. They should be thankful they have legs, arms, eyes, etc. instead of pretending that gender is a state of mind. It isn't no matter how ignorant or wishful you are. Calling someone else a bigot for failing to agree with your politically correct bullshit is hypocritical.
The concern I refuted was for how a 12 year old girl might feel uncomfortable being cared for by a transgender. Please try not to deviate from that because I have demonstrated a 12 year old girl (or even you) might not be able to detect it's a guy.

As far as bigotry, I put that out there since the comment meets the definition of the word, not because anyone disagreed with me. Words do have meaning.
But to make your case you use a very extreme example, IF it's true. Most transgendered do look it, shoulders, adam's apple, neck and hand size, etc. But it isn't about looks, as I mentioned. You're the one deviating here.

But to make your case you use a very extreme example, IF it's true. Most transgendered do look it, shoulders, adam's apple, neck and hand size, etc. But it isn't about looks, as I mentioned. You're the one deviating here.

I agree. In most instances, there is going to be "something" that gives them away, especially when you are face-to-face with them, not looking at airbrushed edited photos. Of course, there are going to be SOME men who naturally have more feminine features or may be smaller in build than the average man, but usually there is just a "something" about them. :D

Well, is that not essentially what you are saying? That I should NOT have the right to refuse a sponge bath from a person who creeps me out?
No, that's not at all what I'm essentially saying. Of course you always have the right to refuse treatment. The OP tried, and failed, to establish a correlation between transgenders and child rapists. Since no such correlation can be made, the thread has devolved into this being about "discomfort" with it.

Hypothetical Scenario:

A confused man decides one day that he's a woman. He happens to work at your local hospital as a nurse. He still has his God-given "junk" but he recently took some drugs that enabled him to develop breasts. He grew his hair out; wears a bra; wears a nurse's dress; and wears lipstick but he's still a man regardless of what your local, Liberal politicians say he is.

Your 12-year-old daughter has a debilitating illness that requires hospital care. The hospital requires that female nurses care for female patients where bathing and dressing the patients are concerned. The hospital has bought into the politically correct stance that a man who thinks he is a woman IS a woman and has, therefore, assigned the confused nurse to care for your daughter.

Would you want this mental/sexual deviant giving your daughter a sponge bath?
Load your questions much? Do you still beat your wife is an example of the stilted, idiotic question you just posed.

Why does logic lay outside the mental capacity of haters on the Right?

Last edited:
You're painting all confused transgenders as if they all share the same shade of insanity. What if this particular transgender odd-ball still has a hidden interest in females? Or, considering the fact that it is lumped in with the LGBT community what if he/she/it is a lesbian transgender? Now what-er-ya-gonna-do?

No, I just don't get all upset about people's sexuality like you do.

I don't give two hoots what their "sexuality" is. The OP is concerned about placing ones daughter in harms way when it can be avoided.
Yet you have failed miserably to prove a 12 year old girl would be in harms way. You haven't established a correlation between transgenders and child rapists.

Forum List

Back