Would you join?

Would you join a third party, based on making our govt based on Christ's teachings?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pie

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
The Constitution Party, a third party that calls for restoring government "on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Seems like two separate issues, 1) restoring gov't to the constitutional intent and values, and 2) basing gov't on christanity, which circumvents the 1st amendment. Wouldn't hurt to try to stick to the 1st issue a little more closely, but not the 2nd. I don't care if people put up crosses in cemetaries, or manger scenes at Christmas time, or use the word God in any way they want to. But we can't be requiring everyone to follow the dictates of any particular religion.

Wait--if the US is founded on the gospel of Jesus, then why do you need to "restore" it back to the gospel of Jesus?

Is it not true that they wish to live under a nation that is guided by he gospels and not by the enlightenment philosophies that many of our forefathers believed in?

And therefore, the argument of rights and so forth is not a christian concept, but a concept that many christians do not agree to since it allows unchristian like behavior in the populace?

I am confused--Are we a christian nation, were a christian nation, or need to become a christian nation?
It seems that the Christian propaganda concerning our nation is starting to crack my head!!

Help clear this up for me!!

Last edited:
In general, Christians strongly support the Constitution. However, when basic freedoms such as freedom of speech is used to condemn and belittle Christianity, that support is not near so strong.

The Constitution Party, a third party that calls for restoring government "on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Seems like two separate issues, 1) restoring gov't to the constitutional intent and values, and 2) basing gov't on christanity, which circumvents the 1st amendment. Wouldn't hurt to try to stick to the 1st issue a little more closely, but not the 2nd. I don't care if people put up crosses in cemetaries, or manger scenes at Christmas time, or use the word God in any way they want to. But we can't be requiring everyone to follow the dictates of any particular religion.

Correct...Great Britain as alot of EU countries of the period had an official church that dominated...and determined the Social-Cast systems...and why so many fled here to escape it to worship as they chose.

The Constitution ensured that Government could not make any law on the practice of religion of any citizen...nor would the Government conduct itself on behalf of any religion...and at the same time speech by any citizen in government or private citizen could freely speak as they chose.

Key here is to protect and defend the Constitution regardless of such speech BY elected officials.

To go with a party whose stated purpose is to Govern BY religious principles (as stated BY the OP) is WRONG...

But do they really state what the OP said?

In a way? They did...but in reference getting back to the ideals of the Founders.

I think the OP is being a bit disingenuous...and do NOTE SHE failed to offer up thier platform.

SO...I LINK IT for all to read...make up your own mind...

Constitution Party Platform

I don't speak oxymoronese, so I'm having difficulty even understanding the premise of the question.

Boop got personally offended when she read an article that had Americans who would dare speak ill of The Obama, so this thread is her counter attack. The purpose of the thread is to make anyone who isn't an Obamabot appear to be a loon.

I don't speak oxymoronese, so I'm having difficulty even understanding the premise of the question.

Its just a shot at us Bible thumping idiots....
jack-1.gif

I take offense to your Implying that Constitutionalists are all Religious Freaks. Why would it not be called the Christian party?

Gotta ask them. It's right there in the preamble to their revised Constitution.

The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations and to limit the federal government to its Constitutional boundaries.

Constitution Party Platform

Whoa. :eusa_hand:

...... We the Christians, not we the people? This is a Christian nation, and we 'allow' rights and freedoms to others? What about nonbelievers?

Where the fuck did you see that? I can't find it anywhere, not even on the CP website.

Ohhhh, I get it, you're making shit up again!

Boop got personally offended when she read an article that had Americans who would dare speak ill of The Obama, so this thread is her counter attack. The purpose of the thread is to make anyone who isn't an Obamabot appear to be a loon.

She did? Why am I always the last to know?

Which thread is that, by the way. I'd really like some background, so I can take proper offense.

She did? Why am I always the last to know?

Which thread is that, by the way. I'd really like some background, so I can take proper offense.

See post # 12, the article you linked is what offended you, hence these counter attacks that aren't landing.

Pretty much the way I see it....

I will post this for me.... :D
2011-12-20174133.jpg

Fascinating question, responders miss an interesting point. In my personal indoctrination into Christianity, Jesus gave to the poor, clothed the needy, and didn't charge or rationalize inequality. He wasn't in love with wealth or power either. That would make Jesus an egalitarian, now can you imagine the republicans having to deal with this liberal dude? No need to imagine, the nuns (Nuns on the Bus) have tried to talk to Congressman Ryan about his un-Christian policies with little luck. Jesus would find contemporary America un-Christlike. Rather funny given the 'rights' pretend religiosity.

"Egalitarian liberals believe not only that individuals have fundamental rights to important freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and so on, but also that they are owed material assistance, as a matter of justice – on the basis of need, or on the basis of being worse off than others. In other words, they believe that the welfare state, which is funded through coercive taxation, is just.... As an egalitarian liberal, [Jesus would]...reject both communitarians’ emphasis on the value of a communal ethos qua communal ethos, and libertarians’ rejection of the welfare state. Pace communitarians, it is good that we should be able and willing critically to reflect on communal values (which does not mean, necessarily, rejecting them, but rather, and at the very least, question them); pace libertarians, if individuals are the fundamental locus of concern and respect, then they are owed assistance – they are owed, for example, not to be left to starve to death (at the very least)." Cecile Fabre

Fascinating question, responders miss an interesting point. In my personal indoctrination into Christianity, Jesus gave to the poor, clothed the needy, and didn't charge or rationalize inequality. He wasn't in love with wealth or power either. That would make Jesus an egalitarian, now can you imagine the republicans having to deal with this liberal dude? No need to imagine, the nuns (Nuns on the Bus) have tried to talk to Congressman Ryan about his un-Christian policies with little luck. Jesus would find contemporary America un-Christlike. Rather funny given the 'rights' pretend religiosity.

"Egalitarian liberals believe not only that individuals have fundamental rights to important freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and so on, but also that they are owed material assistance, as a matter of justice – on the basis of need, or on the basis of being worse off than others. In other words, they believe that the welfare state, which is funded through coercive taxation, is just.... As an egalitarian liberal, [Jesus would]...reject both communitarians’ emphasis on the value of a communal ethos qua communal ethos, and libertarians’ rejection of the welfare state. Pace communitarians, it is good that we should be able and willing critically to reflect on communal values (which does not mean, necessarily, rejecting them, but rather, and at the very least, question them); pace libertarians, if individuals are the fundamental locus of concern and respect, then they are owed assistance – they are owed, for example, not to be left to starve to death (at the very least)." Cecile Fabre

You were indoctrinated to believe that Jesus wanted gov't to take money from citizens against their will and give to a group of people that bureacrats deem to be poor? (even though today's poor would be rich by the standard of Jesus's time)

You being indoctrinated to believe that really makes it clear why you have your current political views. Well not really your political views, all I've ever seen you do is post other people's talking points they've thought of, nothing original.

Forum List

Back