Would you join?

Would you join a third party, based on making our govt based on Christ's teachings?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pie

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Fascinating question, responders miss an interesting point. In my personal indoctrination into Christianity, Jesus gave to the poor, clothed the needy, and didn't charge or rationalize inequality. He wasn't in love with wealth or power either. That would make Jesus an egalitarian, now can you imagine the republicans having to deal with this liberal dude? No need to imagine, the nuns (Nuns on the Bus) have tried to talk to Congressman Ryan about his un-Christian policies with little luck. Jesus would find contemporary America un-Christlike. Rather funny given the 'rights' pretend religiosity.

"Egalitarian liberals believe not only that individuals have fundamental rights to important freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and so on, but also that they are owed material assistance, as a matter of justice – on the basis of need, or on the basis of being worse off than others. In other words, they believe that the welfare state, which is funded through coercive taxation, is just.... As an egalitarian liberal, [Jesus would]...reject both communitarians’ emphasis on the value of a communal ethos qua communal ethos, and libertarians’ rejection of the welfare state. Pace communitarians, it is good that we should be able and willing critically to reflect on communal values (which does not mean, necessarily, rejecting them, but rather, and at the very least, question them); pace libertarians, if individuals are the fundamental locus of concern and respect, then they are owed assistance – they are owed, for example, not to be left to starve to death (at the very least)." Cecile Fabre

You were indoctrinated to believe that Jesus wanted gov't to take money from citizens against their will and give to a group of people that bureacrats deem to be poor? (even though today's poor would be rich by the standard of Jesus's time)

You being indoctrinated to believe that really makes it clear why you have your current political views. Well not really your political views, all I've ever seen you do is post other people's talking points they've thought of, nothing original.
I believe Jesus was concerned with the actions of the individual not government. I might be wrong, but I don't think there is any scripture that says government should not collect taxes to help people.

Fascinating question, responders miss an interesting point. In my personal indoctrination into Christianity, Jesus gave to the poor, clothed the needy, and didn't charge or rationalize inequality. He wasn't in love with wealth or power either. That would make Jesus an egalitarian, now can you imagine the republicans having to deal with this liberal dude? No need to imagine, the nuns (Nuns on the Bus) have tried to talk to Congressman Ryan about his un-Christian policies with little luck. Jesus would find contemporary America un-Christlike. Rather funny given the 'rights' pretend religiosity.

"Egalitarian liberals believe not only that individuals have fundamental rights to important freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and so on, but also that they are owed material assistance, as a matter of justice – on the basis of need, or on the basis of being worse off than others. In other words, they believe that the welfare state, which is funded through coercive taxation, is just.... As an egalitarian liberal, [Jesus would]...reject both communitarians’ emphasis on the value of a communal ethos qua communal ethos, and libertarians’ rejection of the welfare state. Pace communitarians, it is good that we should be able and willing critically to reflect on communal values (which does not mean, necessarily, rejecting them, but rather, and at the very least, question them); pace libertarians, if individuals are the fundamental locus of concern and respect, then they are owed assistance – they are owed, for example, not to be left to starve to death (at the very least)." Cecile Fabre

You were indoctrinated to believe that Jesus wanted gov't to take money from citizens against their will and give to a group of people that bureacrats deem to be poor? (even though today's poor would be rich by the standard of Jesus's time)

You being indoctrinated to believe that really makes it clear why you have your current political views. Well not really your political views, all I've ever seen you do is post other people's talking points they've thought of, nothing original.
I believe Jesus was concerned with the actions of the individual not government. I might be wrong, but I don't think there is any scripture that says government should not collect taxes to help people.

It also doesn't say anything about facebook or twitter.

Obamabots saying Jesus wants you sign up for twitter makes as much sense as Obamabots saying Jesus wanted gov't to take money from citizens to give to other citizens deemed poor by rich bureacrats.

Obamabots saying Jesus wants you sign up for twitter makes as much sense as Obamabots saying Jesus wanted gov't to take money from citizens to give to other citizens deemed poor by rich bureacrats.
It seems pretty clear that Jesus wanted us to help the poor. He just didn't say how it should be done. He left that up to us.

It seems pretty clear that Jesus wanted us to help the poor. He just didn't say how it should be done. He left that up to us.

To me the message I got was he wanted people to willingly give up their time and possessions to help those less fortunate, I never remember anything about gov't involvement.

He wanted the individual to help, that message is clear.

To me the message I got was he wanted people to willingly give up their time and possessions to help those less fortunate, I never remember anything about gov't involvement.

but you remember the part about give unto caesar.

but you remember the part about give unto caesar.

To you that message is to take people's money against their will to start big gov't programs where rich bureacrats determine who is and isn't poor by 2012 standards?

Forum List

Back