Would You Have Supported Rosa Park's Silent Protest?

Would You Have Supported Rosa Parks et al during That Time?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?
Rosa Parks was awesome. Nobody should have to give up their seat to another person because of race. I think it is a great gesture to give up your seat to a disabled or elderly person, but don't make someone move because they are black.
Actually, Rosa was a tired, old lady who needed a seat. I be adter all of the hoopla, she was heard saying, "I was just tired, I be tired, that's all."

Everybody knows Rosa wasn't the first, not nearly.

Just like Jackie Robinson wasn't the best black baseball player in the Negro League, which was actually Satchel Paige, but Jackie was chosen because he was the perfect negro who wouldn't fight back and take all the spits, insults and even harm that came his way for simply playing ball with and beating the whites at it.

It's the same reason why your average white swear they love MLK for what he did, but also hate Malcolm X for what he did. Although they did the same exact thing, fight for their down-trodden and mistreated people's rights. Only difference is, one's stance was that I'll take your blows, insults and violence with a smile and try to shame you into acting right, the other one's stance was that if you try to abuse my rights prepare to die, because that's what it's going to take...aka by any means necessary.

Facts.
Marc, stop living in the past. Whenever you get on a bus, you can sit whereever you want, you can go into any restaurant and be served and you can drink out of the same drinking fountain as whites. Now, get a job.

Marc doesn't have to do a damn thing but since you claim he's living in the past you do this:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.
I don't have to do a thing. Just admit that the pendulum has swung too far as usual when a segment of the population feels they have a grievance against another group. Sure, slavery was horrible. Do we have slavery now? No. There was a time when blacks were treated immeasurably poorly and that time is gone. Blacks have had their time when they were chosen as the superior race, discriminating against whites when selected for college entrance and job employment. It's known as reverse discrimination and instead of leveling the playing field, it too, went too far.

Now is the time for all to be equals and remove yourself from perceived grievances from the past. Now pull up your bootstraps and behave like whites and earn your keep.

There does seem to be a faction within the black community, and unfortunately it is many of their “leaders”, who dwell in the past. They demand reparations and punishment for those who did them wrong. It’s unhealthy.

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility of our future. -G.B. Shaw

Change is the law in life, and those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. J.F. Kennedy
I believe the code word is "retribution" because the Negro community knows there are too many of them to give them free money like we give to the Native Americans now.

There is no code word. There are words whites use as excuses. And then why do whites think that we don't have the right to retribution for what you guys keep doing? You guys go for retribution about any perceived slight o your white asses. Here is another example of the rampant psychosis that exists among a segment of the white community.

Based on your current views on SJWs, protesting, the 1st Amendment right and law enforcement, what side would you have fell on during Rosa Park's era, when she decided that enough was enough and she was not going to be subjugated to go to the back of the bus for another human being no better or worse than she is simply because of her color?

What say you, and why?
Rosa Parks was awesome. Nobody should have to give up their seat to another person because of race. I think it is a great gesture to give up your seat to a disabled or elderly person, but don't make someone move because they are black.
Actually, Rosa was a tired, old lady who needed a seat. I be adter all of the hoopla, she was heard saying, "I was just tired, I be tired, that's all."

She was a tired old lady who made things change.

Forum List

Back