Would you eat it?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
The US government and the FDA are declaring gulf seafood "safe" Do you beleive them and would you eat seafood from the gulf?

VENICE, La. — Seafood from some parts of the oil-fouled Gulf of Mexico has been declared safe to eat by the government, based in part on human smell tests. But even some Gulf fishermen are questioning whether the fish and shrimp are OK to feed to their own families.

FDA declares Gulf seafood safe to eat - Health - Food safety - msnbc.com

The US government and the FDA are declaring gulf seafood "safe" Do you beleive them and would you eat seafood from the gulf?

VENICE, La. — Seafood from some parts of the oil-fouled Gulf of Mexico has been declared safe to eat by the government, based in part on human smell tests. But even some Gulf fishermen are questioning whether the fish and shrimp are OK to feed to their own families.

If the government says it's ok then there is something wrong with it. So hell no.

No. I've seen the video clips of fisherman pulling up things from the bottom covered with sludge. It's highly likely that the dispersants BP used caused crud to settle on the Gulf floor. The oil did not just evaporate.

No. I wouldn't eat it. Got allergy issues:) Whether its clean or not is irrelevant.

“My first rule: I don’t believe anything the government tells me.” George Carlin

Hell, I've eaten from a push cart in T.J. and monkey meat on a stick in 'Po City. I don't need or care for the fuckin government's okey dokey.

Last edited:
yes, already have. My brother is a buyer for a large food wholesaler and free seafood from the gulf comes with the job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtmlUfSfc0]YouTube - ‪"Weird Al'' Yankovic - Eat It‬‎[/ame]

I've sworn off seafood for awhile.:eusa_eh:

hell, I thought Syrenn was talking about herself, and the answer that is a resounding NO.

hell fucking no. they already found dispersant in clams that are being pulled in. the government is a lying sack of shit and doing the opposite of what they say is generally the best course. personally I wish everyone involved in the federal government would have been used as human vacuum cleaners to suck up the oil from the water and then thrown in the top oil as they burned it

yes, already have. My brother is a buyer for a large food wholesaler and free seafood from the gulf comes with the job.

And as someone who was responsible for ordering about a million dollars worth of seafood a year.. anything labeled "gulf seafood" i wouldn't touch or order.

The government would never lie to us. :eusa_angel::eusa_angel:

hell fucking no. they already found dispersant in clams that are being pulled in. the government is a lying sack of shit and doing the opposite of what they say is generally the best course. personally I wish everyone involved in the federal government would have been used as human vacuum cleaners to suck up the oil from the water and then thrown in the top oil as they burned it

rofl128609620133627635.jpg

Forum List

Back