Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

By that 'reasoning' so is a business. So is a corporation. So is a private school for that matter.

Businesses can't club you over the head and take your money and property. Government can and does.

Sure it can.

Wrong, it would be breaking the law. That is, it would be moving in on the government's turf.

No. Remember, you're eliminating government.

So you're saying that businesses behave like government when there is no government?

Do you ever read the stupid stuff you post?

There is no such thing as no government.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

Yeah, stupid. I paid for my college... so can everyone else. No need to pay high taxes into perpetuity so others don't have to pay for shit. All you will ensure is that kids will go to school forever on someone else's dime.

No. The corrrupt politicians you would be giving the tax money to would steal, lose or waste that money and give you crappy education and healthcare in return.

Better to keep your own money and provide both for yourself.
Really? Even though collage is now $20k a year? Cons never realize when things are broke cause they usually got there's already.
Theirs, not there's...... No wonder you want free college....... :eusa_whistle:

Oh, the irony..... isn't it always the "educated" ones that end up being the dimmest bulbs?

That's right, run away with your tail between your legs.

How would children get educated if there were no public schools?

Their parents would build a school house and hire a teacher. You know like they did back when parents paid their own damn bills and didn't steal money from me to educate their kids they chose to have.

You want to try to return us to a society that was 90% agrarian? WTF?

IRONY when the federal government can't borrow another trillion dollars to fund your utopia and states are flat broke guess what's going to happen fool. :laugh:

Was that a yes or a no?

Yes, you are an idiot.

Private schools or their parents.

And what nation should we use as an example of how well that works in the 21st century?

That's the old "every dog has ticks" argument.

You propose a model for national education policy but you cannot produce a single example of how, where, and why it would produce better results than the current model.

Where did they have public education before we had public education?

learn to read

I'm talking about your model for the elimination of all public education. Where is that model working?

Your theory is that if it doesn't currently exist, then it can never exist. So according to your theory public schools could never exist.

Why you care about investing in education:

Unemployment-Rate-By-Education.jpg

Why don't you explain it to us so we can all have a good laugh.

It starts with ignoring anarchists like fingerboy

Their parents would build a school house and hire a teacher. You know like they did back when parents paid their own damn bills and didn't steal money from me to educate their kids they chose to have.

So building a school house means you have to abandon technology?

So building a school house means you have to abandon technology?

They're not the brightest you know....

Why you care about investing in education:.......

Let's look at the reality of what you're suggesting in today's world through the eyes of two individuals I happen to know.

Caleb went to a Vocational High School to study drafting. After high school he went to a lower level local college. He took part in the local utility company's pre-line school and electrical design program. After graduating with his two year degree, he got hired to work in the Utility Company's call center, and has now after three years gotten a job in our Maps & Records Department making more than $60,000 a year while having spent less than $40K on his education.

John went to a prestigous local private high school. With his grades he got accepted to a very high end local Polytechnic University. He got his Bachelor's Degree and then chose to continue on into the local utility company's Electric Utility Design Master's Degree Program. He left college with a six digit college debt and is currently working three jobs, including one at my local convenience store/gas station because the local Utility Company (despite offereing the Master's Program) does not hire Engineers (called Designers) with more than an Associates Degree (because they cost too much). John has more than $85K left in debt and is making about $35-40K a year between his three minimum wage jobs.

This is what I call OVER-Education. People getting degrees for which there is no immediate career path which pays them enough to cover the expenses accumulated during their college career. It seems to be a pretty common thing too. Think about THAT.

No, seriously fingerboy

Discussing membership in a society with an anarchist is like discussing a symphony with a deaf person

Government is not society. That's what fascists like you keep trying to ignore.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What's your point?

We the People established the constitution of our government

Great document don't you think?

One you piss on and wipe your bottom with everyday

You sell out paid poster ....

What are you whimpering about?

Liberals wrote the Constitution

There needs to be more sociology, anthropology, and minority studies programs......

To make sure victimhood is represented fairly.....

Nothing is free.

When the government makes something "free" it cost the productive segment of society a whole lot of money. Take the rapid increase in College cost, directly related to money that the federal government has poured into education.

While the idea is a good one it just makes college HS plus. If made free I am not sure the country could afford the massive increase in expense.

I am not for free college, but we do need to address the problem of cost when it comes to college. We are killing our economy by strapping our younger generation with loads of debt due to college. These are the ones who will become the real middle class, but they can't get there with all that debt, and it is putting a crunch on our economy. My biggest issue with cons is that they do not understand the relationship between government and the private sector. Our economy works best when the two are in sync helping each other out. Sometimes that does mean a need for higher taxes, but that isn't always bad, if we all are getting something positive from it. The problem with cons is that they see waste and believe the answer is to just cut all spending and leave it all up to the private sector. The problem with that is that it doesn't work very well. The answer is not always to cut the government spending but to see that the money is used efficiently. Republicans used to talk about streamlining agencies to reduce wasteful spending. Now they just say cut all spending, unless of course it is military spending. And the military is where we see more wasteful spending than anywhere.

That was in the days before the state required you to get a Masters degree so you could teach 5-year-olds the alphabet.

Education and other public services have become a corrupted money making scam like pretty much everything government touches. Pretty sweet deal retire at 55 or even earlier with a fat pension and free healthcare for life courtesy of the taxpayers. And in some liberal states those state pensions, yep not subject to state income tax.

That just sounds like jealousy.

Yes liberal countries are better educated, lower crime rates, better access to healthcare and education... They also retire earlier and have a higher quality of life.

That was in the days before the state required you to get a Masters degree so you could teach 5-year-olds the alphabet.

Education and other public services have become a corrupted money making scam like pretty much everything government touches. Pretty sweet deal retire at 55 or even earlier with a fat pension and free healthcare for life courtesy of the taxpayers. And in some liberal states those state pensions, yep not subject to state income tax.

Yes liberal countries are better educated, lower crime rates, better access to healthcare and education... They also retire earlier and have a higher quality of life.

And they are going broke doing it

Why don't you explain it to us so we can all have a good laugh.

These hayseeds miss the agrarian society, back when nobody stole their money. Working 10-12 hours a day at backbreaking jobs. No liberal crap like 40 hour work weeks, overtime pay, retirements and vacation - ever- back in the good old days before FDR. Back before FDR stole their money to do stupid things like build the communist TVA. Certainly no social security, so that now they can sit in front of their computers and complain about big government. These modern anti gubbermint conservative hayseeds are still as ignorant as Jeeter Lester was though.

Its not jealousy when they steal my money to do it, its theft.

Healthcare? Education? Communism at it's finest.

Its not jealousy when they steal my money to do it, its theft.

It's not stealing when the People choose to do it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back