Would USA go to war with China ?

It is not in our national interests to go to war with China.

You can say that again. Nevertheless, we will. Because China is even now making her plans to invade Taiwan. China and Russia are scheduled to do naval drills in the South China Sea the end of this month. ( May )

This isn't some coincidence. They've got plans. Big ones.

That's ridiculous Jeri.

Trust me on this.

China has zero desire to "invade" anyone. They generally fail miserably when they try.

The last time being Vietnam. They got their asses royally kicked.

China is more interest in commerce than anything else. The are the most capitalistic commies, ever.

It is not in our national interests to go to war with China.

You can say that again. Nevertheless, we will. Because China is even now making her plans to invade Taiwan. China and Russia are scheduled to do naval drills in the South China Sea the end of this month. ( May )

That's ridiculous Jeri.

Trust me on this.

China has zero desire to "invade" anyone. They generally fail miserably when they try.

China is more interest in commerce than anything else. The are the most capitalistic commies, ever.

There is a whole heck of a lot of wealth under the surface of the South China Sea. Don't be surprised if China is willing to flex a little muscle to try and get it all for themselves.

That's ridiculous Jeri.

Trust me on this.

There is a whole heck of a lot of wealth under the surface of the South China Sea. Don't be surprised if China is willing to flex a little muscle to try and get it all for themselves.

Flexing muscle in terms of what?

A drunken General spouting off?

Well sure.

That happens.

That's ridiculous Jeri.

Trust me on this.

Well sure.

That happens.

China is not putting all that money in their military simply to parade it around the streets. It is a military and militarizes have a purpose, besides parading. I am not applauding China's military as some did of Putin but I am saying a little less, "No one would dare." would be more realistic.

Well sure.

That happens.

China is not putting all that money in their military simply to parade it around the streets. It is a military and militarizes have a purpose, besides parading. I am not applauding China's military as some did of Putin but I am saying a little less, "No one would dare." would be more realistic.

You seem to forget that unlike the Soviet Union, China has not broken up. It's also got a large amount of territory with disparate populations to hold. And it's not just the Xinjiang and Tibet looking to get out of China, there are other provinces not happy with the "Communist" government.

It takes a huge military to keep both their domestic affairs in order and outsiders from invading.

There can no longer be wars between great powers. MAD is still very much valid. What may well happen is a series of proxy wars with those with grievances against the west aligning themselves with China and/or Russia, essentially a "Cold War" predicated on economic supremacy rather than ideological.

China is too big to fight in a conventional manner. The only way to conduct a war with them would be nukes. We know that..they know that. If they were ever stupid enough to attack the U S they would be nuked back into the stone age in less than one day. .

Of course, much of America would also be ashes.
That that minor detail escape you?

A nuclear exchange wouldn't produce any winners.

It would be better to have a war of no winners and death than a life of slavery. As we used to say during the Cold War, “ Better dead than Red”. But I don’t believe that is the way we would use our Nukes unless we were forced to; I believe we would use our nukes to attack their military forces, especially an advance land or naval force approaching the US.

Last edited:
China is too big to fight in a conventional manner. The only way to conduct a war with them would be nukes. We know that..they know that. If they were ever stupid enough to attack the U S they would be nuked back into the stone age in less than one day. .

It would be better to have a war of no winners and death than a life of slavery. As we used to say during the Cold War, “ Better dead than Red”. But I don’t believe that is the way we would use our Nukes unless we were forced to; I believe we would use our nukes to attack their military forces, especially an advance land or naval force approaching the US.

No need to hit the panic button. The PRC couldn't invade and hold Taiwan right now, let alone the US. There does not exist a landing force large enough to even try to occupy the US and it wouldn't make it 1/100th of the way across the Pacific before being utterly destroyed anyway - without resorting to nuclear weapons. The CCP is all about survival, not suicide.

China is too big to fight in a conventional manner. The only way to conduct a war with them would be nukes. We know that..they know that. If they were ever stupid enough to attack the U S they would be nuked back into the stone age in less than one day. Then the soldiers they had sent on a suicide mission would be cut off from any support. Game over.

That would be the end of China as a nation. Either we or Russia would have to take over the country to help it rebuild something like what happened in Japan after WWII.

The people of China would kill all of their leaders for getting them into a non winnable war with the USA.

Then they would ask us to help them and we would.

...and the Americans would be welcomed into Beijing as liberators.

It would be better to have a war of no winners and death than a life of slavery. As we used to say during the Cold War, “ Better dead than Red”. But I don’t believe that is the way we would use our Nukes unless we were forced to; I believe we would use our nukes to attack their military forces, especially an advance land or navel force approaching the US.

The whole idea is silly and laughable. BUT let's say Chinamen were busting through the Southern border out of Mexico and landing at the beaches in San Diego and we were forced to do SOMETHING I suspect we would just nuke the fuckers and get it over and done with. We wouldn't waste much resource trying to duke it out with Chinese on our own land. AND if we struck with nukes first they wouldn't have enough infrastructure left to respond with anyway. If worst came to worst we could send fighters up high enough to blow up incoming warheads with air to air missles. If we could engage the incoming warheads at 40-50,000 feet up they wouldn't do THAT much damage other than radioactvity in the atmosphere if they blew up at all. We would certainly have accurate 411 as to their tradgectories. Besides don't we still have those ground to air missle systems we used to keep the scuds from hitting Israel? That wouldn't get all of the warheads but it could certainly disrupt enough to limit the amount of valid strikes by China to be somewhat acceptable.

No need to hit the panic button. The PRC couldn't invade and hold Taiwan right now, let alone the US. There does not exist a landing force large enough to even try to occupy the US and it wouldn't make it 1/100th of the way across the Pacific before being utterly destroyed anyway - without resorting to nuclear weapons.
This.

The United States is fortunate to have the best defense in the world... ocean. For China and Russia invading the United States is a logistical impossibility, and the only people who think otherwise are gullible tin hatters who think the Chinese army is hiding in Mexico.

You've been babbling about these naval drills over and over, apparently it is your latest chicken little doomsday sign to latch onto.

The joint exercise is in the East China Sea (not South as you claim) right off the coast of Shanghai, not Taiwan.

I'm not sure how much of an exchange would occur. We have 7,650 warheads ..they have 240.

Most of theirs would be destroyed before they get here. Ya.. we would sustain a few million casulties .. they would be annialated.

Gosh, what a great victory that would be.
Of course, you wouldn't be able to hold parades in New York or Washington as the holes would be radioactive for a good few thousands of years.

This is why U.S. foreign policy is so dangerous.
We all got away with it in the cold war, very lucky, but the idiots are trying to set a new one going.
The stupidity is beyond belief.

No need to hit the panic button. The PRC couldn't invade and hold Taiwan right now, let alone the US. There does not exist a landing force large enough to even try to occupy the US and it wouldn't make it 1/100th of the way across the Pacific before being utterly destroyed anyway - without resorting to nuclear weapons.
This.

The United States is fortunate to have the best defense in the world... ocean. For China and Russia invading the United States is a logistical impossibility, and the only people who think otherwise are gullible tin hatters who think the Chinese army is hiding in Mexico.

They're making another serious mistake - China has no real history of invasion.
They trade their way around the world.

Why would China damage $1.227 trillion of its property, just keep paying the interest and you will be safe.

Wrong question. How does one nation forclose on another nation when they don't pay on loans and their debt is now becoming a serious problem? Take the land and move the people out. That's how.

China needs land desperately. This is not difficult to figure out.

Do they have super duper transporters to beam all those people who need land from China to the US? :eek:

This is all kind of silly, bottom line China currently has little capability to project power much farther than its own border. They don't have the blue water navy to do it, they don't have the aircraft to do it, the don't have the worldwide footprint of military bases to do it, just a big nope.

30 years from now who knows, but right now it is out of the question.

This is the issue:
_54145268__48951920_south_china-sea_1_466-1.gif

The justification China gives is this was once the maritime border of China.

Forum List

Back