Would Any Moderates like to Discuss How the Democrats Can Return to Being a National Party Again?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I think it can be done, but I would like to find a group of rational moderates to engage in said discussion, absent the usual trolls and bomb throwers.

Anyone interested? (conservatives as well)

I'll check back in a couple of hours to see if there are any takers.

I think it can be done, but I would like to find a group of rational moderates to engage in said discussion, absent the usual trolls and bomb throwers.

There are no moderates in the Democrat party, they are all extreme left

I doubt the current DNC establishment is ready yet. Looks more like these dimwits are going to try to double down and lose some more.

They run a better candidate than Hillary and they will easily win in 2020.

Before they even think of that, a rational party (I know, I know) would have to clean up the image of the perennial crybaby sore loser, and since they haven't managed to get a handle on that, I wouldn't put much faith in a comeback anytime soon. My serious opinion.

They've now won more votes than the gop in six of the last seven national elections, and trump won promising not to cut medicare and soc sec, which he is going to cut.

Before they even think of that, a rational party (I know, I know) would have to clean up the image of the perennial crybaby sore loser, and since they haven't managed to get a handle on that, I wouldn't put much faith in a comeback anytime soon. My serious opinion.

The Right has been crying for 8 years over Obama's 2 wins.

I think it's more like screaming. LOL

The presidential candidate with less charisma loses. That formula has held true since at least 1976.
ummm, I think it's really the economy. I mean absent something Yuuuuge, it flips every 8 years. The Supreme Court's messed up because the gop has been incensed since Bork was voted down despite being academically qualified, but sharing an ideology with a potus. And, Carter was a one termer, and HW esseintally was Reagan's third term.

Your little opinion has been noted.

I think it's more like screaming. LOL

They elected a Birther and now turn around and call the Democrats the crybabies.

The democratic party need to get back to basics. They diverted their positions and left the working people and allied themselves with big money and stifling regulations.

They've now won more votes than the gop in six of the last seven national elections, and trump won promising not to cut medicare and soc sec, which he is going to cut.

:lmao:

OMG, another leftist dufus who thinks they run for the popular vote. Damn you people are dumb. A good game of fetch is more your speed

The presidential candidate with less charisma loses. That formula has held true since at least 1976.
ummm, I think it's really the economy. I mean absent something Yuuuuge, it flips every 8 years. The Supreme Court's messed up because the gop has been incensed since Bork was voted down despite being academically qualified, but sharing an ideology with a potus. And, Carter was a one termer, and HW esseintally was Reagan's third term.

It may not be cause and effect, but,

Carter more charismatic than Ford, Reagan more charismatic than Carter and Mondale, Bush more charismatic than Dukakis, Clinton more charismatic than Bush and Dole, GW Bush more charismatic than Gore and Kerry,
Obama far more charismatic than McCain and Romney,

and Trump more charismatic than Hillary Clinton.

A 100% indicator for forty years.

The democratic party need to get back to basics. They diverted their positions and left the working people and allied themselves with big money and stifling regulations.
ummmm sort of. Trump did a better job of lying to the aging whites who will see their middle class entitlements cut and the guys who lost houses.

If you think Hillary was good to Wall St, you ain't seen nothing yet.

The Sec of State and the armed forces believe in man's role in global warming.

:lmao:

OMG, another leftist dufus who thinks they run for the popular vote. Damn you people are dumb. A good game of fetch is more your speed
Actually I'm a republican. But the gop is declining as a natl party.

Illegal immigration is another factor in their loss. Instead of meeting it head on to deter or stop it, Oblama tried to legitimize it..

The Democrats lost because the free trade centrists in the party held too much sway, from Clinton to Obama to Clinton,

but up until Hillary that issue never bit them because the GOP never ran anything other than a fellow free trader against them, so until Trump came along, that issue was a wash.

Forum List

Back