~Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen~

A supposedly "great" movie that I absolutely hated is "Silkwood"...Like watching a cactus grow.

Started watching "Day After Tomorrow" purely by accident and kept watching it, certain that it couldn't possibly get even worse as the "plot" moved along...I was wrong....I was rooting for the storm and the deep freeze to kill everyone and put that stinkburger out of its misery.

The all-time worst flick I've ever seen is "'Manos' the hands of Fate"....The modern golden turd trophy for stinkiness is a dead heat between "Roadhouse" and "Battlefield Earth".

the agony booth : hilariously detailed recaps of movies, TV, and more!

I LOVE Roadhouse! It is the absolute redneck movie of all time but I love it. Watched it last night!

Eyes Wide Shut
Fargo

I liked both those films, especially Fargo.

Watched the fake Joaquin Phoenix bio as a rapper a few weeks ago. It was awful, just terrible. I turned it off half way through. I couldn't finish it, it was so bad.

I dunno, a lot of people liked Fargo. I just didn't get the whole wood-chipper thing. (although it has become a running joke in my house).

but the thing that made me nuts in eyes wide shut was tom cruise showing his doctor I.D. to get into places to snoop around. I know it's a little thing. but it was a huge distraction. also, kubrick trying to make a street in england look like greenwich village in nyc just felt wrong.

:redface:

but i love roadhouse. :D

two films that I turned off and returned 20 minutes after renting them.

Liquid Sky
Metro

If you haven't seen them, consider yourself blessed. They're garbage on all levels.

The only film I seriously considered walking out on from the theatre was "Eve of Destruction". My GOD that sucked!

I didn't see Metro. But I kind of liked Liquid Sky. I also liked Minority Report.

Eyes Wide Shut
Fargo

Watched the fake Joaquin Phoenix bio as a rapper a few weeks ago. It was awful, just terrible. I turned it off half way through. I couldn't finish it, it was so bad.

I dunno, a lot of people liked Fargo. I just didn't get the whole wood-chipper thing. (although it has become a running joke in my house).

but the thing that made me nuts in eyes wide shut was tom cruise showing his doctor I.D. to get into places to snoop around. I know it's a little thing. but it was a huge distraction. also, kubrick trying to make a street in england look like greenwich village in nyc just felt wrong.

I'm a big Coen brothers fan. Watched No Country for Old Men the other day. Really enjoyed it.

I'm a big Coen brothers fan. Watched No Country for Old Men the other day. Really enjoyed it.

I heard that one was good. I never got around to seeing it. but i might give it a go. I liked the Coen's Big Lebowski and Blood Simple

The Roman Polansky version of McBeth.

I only managed to get halfway through the first act.

And they wouldn't refund my ticket either.

But it left a big question at the end did the evil guy actually get away?

Lost in Translation

wow...seriously?

I thought it was excellent..*shrugs*It didn't appeal to your Yang side?

That was another one that left the ending up in the air.

well, imho not really, we don't know what he whispered to her, because its left up to us, our imagination, I thought it was a brilliant move.

The movie spoke to me on another level, and I was prepared to bomb the shit out of it mercilessly. I have watched it at home twice in the last 5-6 years..

( my mandcard here is so screwed now...:eusa_shhh:)

I'd heard so much about The Matrix over the years and never seen it, so I had recorded it off one of the movie channels and finally watched it yesterday. All I can say is I wish I hadn't wasted 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I like science fiction that has at least a modicum of possibility, and I enjoy even a good zombie or vampire movie if well acted and done up with believable special effects. And that explains why I was totally unimpressed with The Matrix. It had none of that from my perspective.

Thumbs down.

wow...seriously?

I thought it was excellent..*shrugs*It didn't appeal to your Yang side?

well, imho not really, we don't know what he whispered to her, because its left up to us, our imagination, I thought it was a brilliant move.

The movie spoke to me on another level, and I was prepared to bomb the shit out of it mercilessly. I have watched it at home twice in the last 5-6 years..

I have another movie taped that I haven't watched yet, and I'm assuming it's Bill Murray again with a soft touch: "Broken Flower" about a man who discovers he has a son and decides to visit all his old girlfriends to find out who's the mother. (Stay tuned for opinion. :lol:)

I wonder if anyone nominated "What About Bob" as a favorite in the other thread? One of the funniest movies ever.

I have another movie taped that I haven't watched yet, and I'm assuming it's Bill Murray again with a soft touch: "Broken Flower" about a man who discovers he has a son and decides to visit all his old girlfriends to find out who's the mother. (Stay tuned for opinion. :lol:)

I wonder if anyone nominated "What About Bob" as a favorite in the other thread? One of the funniest movies ever.

Broken Flowers is great! Jim Jarmusch is one hell of an imaginative film maker!

Forum List

Back