Worshiping A New God

That's nice... How does your little rant against various religious beliefs fit in with the progressive belief that people should be accepting of other cultural differences and their societal beliefs? .

Wouldn't know, guy, I'm not a "progressive" and never claimed to be. I don't believe because you dress up silly beliefs in vestments they suddenly become less silly.

hqdefault.jpg

While we're at it what caused the Big Bang in your creation theory? I'm going with a miracle occurred.

100 years ago, the computer in front of you would be considered a "Miracle". It isn't a miracle, it's science. Just because you don't fully understand a science does not make it a miracle.

PC's OP has been hammered to pieces almost immediately.

The truth is:

1. We are a nation, generally, of Christians.

2. We are not a Christian nation.

3. Maybe 25% of our fellow citizens might disagree with 1 but will fully agree with 2.

The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution.

At no time did they intend hostility, or even indifference, to religion.

The founders also envisioned a country where the franchise would only be held by white, property owning males and slavery would continue in perpetuity. They thought bleeding was a perfectly acceptable medical treatment. So maybe instead of treating their opinions on magic sky fairiesas the be-all and end all of such matters, would it not make a lot more sense to base our positions on what we know now?

We now know through biology that man was not "created" by a benevolent sky pixie, he evolved from lower life forms.

We now know that most of Christian mythology was lifted from earlier myths.

We know know that the universe is not 6000 years old, but many billions.

So why should we base our notions of government and morality on the SUPERSTITIONS they held 250 years ago?

If we are smart enough to get to the moon and build an internet, we might, just might be able to work our a morality of our own.

Rather than taking a pile of superstitions and rubbish, ignoring most of them, and picking a few that say, "Yeah, that sounds good."

Another lie-filled America-hating post from this moron.
Clearly JoeB131, PC is a hopeless hack.
True.

Whose threads serve only to illustrate the ideological nonsense that is conservative dogma.

The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution.

At no time did they intend hostility, or even indifference, to religion.

The founders also envisioned a country where the franchise would only be held by white, property owning males and slavery would continue in perpetuity. They thought bleeding was a perfectly acceptable medical treatment. So maybe instead of treating their opinions on magic sky fairiesas the be-all and end all of such matters, would it not make a lot more sense to base our positions on what we know now?

We now know through biology that man was not "created" by a benevolent sky pixie, he evolved from lower life forms.

We now know that most of Christian mythology was lifted from earlier myths.

We know know that the universe is not 6000 years old, but many billions.

So why should we base our notions of government and morality on the SUPERSTITIONS they held 250 years ago?

If we are smart enough to get to the moon and build an internet, we might, just might be able to work our a morality of our own.

Rather than taking a pile of superstitions and rubbish, ignoring most of them, and picking a few that say, "Yeah, that sounds good."

Another lie-filled America-hating post from this moron.
Clearly JoeB131, PC is a hopeless hack.
True.

Whose threads serve only to illustrate the ideological nonsense that is conservative dogma.
Whose threads clearly reveal no insight or understanding of and about the American narrative.

That's nice... How does your little rant against various religious beliefs fit in with the progressive belief that people should be accepting of other cultural differences and their societal beliefs? .

Wouldn't know, guy, I'm not a "progressive" and never claimed to be. I don't believe because you dress up silly beliefs in vestments they suddenly become less silly.

hqdefault.jpg

While we're at it what caused the Big Bang in your creation theory? I'm going with a miracle occurred.

100 years ago, the computer in front of you would be considered a "Miracle". It isn't a miracle, it's science. Just because you don't fully understand a science does not make it a miracle.

images

What makes you think I don't understand science?

So tell us all about what kick started the universe in your creation theology called the big bang theory. We wouldn't want to violate Newton's laws of motion now would we? Please don't attempt to dress it up in the vestments of how we don't know and it is unknowable. Otherwise I suggest you look up the definition of a miracle.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

So tell us all about what kick started the universe in your creation theology called the big bang theory. We wouldn't want to violate Newton's laws of motion now would we? Please don't attempt to dress it up in the vestments of how we don't know and it is unknowable. Otherwise I suggest you look up the definition of a miracle.

Guy, i'm not a scientist. People who are scientists tell me that the "big Bang", (which is an oversimplification of sound scientific prinicples) is a sound theory backed up by observations made of matter, as well as things we are seeing in deep range telescopes.

What's the proof for the bible other than the bible?

Guy, i'm not a scientist. People who are scientists tell me that the "big Bang", (which is an oversimplification of sound scientific prinicples) is a sound theory backed up by observations made of matter, as well as things we are seeing in deep range telescopes.

What's the proof for the bible other than the bible?

images

While on the other hand I know quite a bit about science. Now since you appear to like making assumptions about people...

When did I say I was Christian?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Now....as I was saying about Liberals/Leftists looking for a new god to worship....

6. It is a mistake to see the blather of the Left in the run-up to the 2008 election as hyperbolic.

No....they actually see Obama a god....of course, in the wake of failure and incompetence, one no longer hears same.

But.....

a. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’ “ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

b “Obama seemed the political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

c. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama, you feel the spirit moving." Book Monitor Current Edition

d. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story by comparing Obama with Jesus: “Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

e. He claimed, at his nomination, that this would be “the moment when the rise of the oceans would begin to slow and our planet begin to heal.” Barack Obama’s victory speech, June 3, 2008 The day will come when we look back at this display of hubris and narcissism, and the complicity of the public which found him more popular than Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King, and Mother Teresa (January 2009 poll found in ‘Christianity Today,’ February 22, 2009) as astounding.

f. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

g. In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.
... Newsweek has named Obama "god of all things" on its cover.
SOURCE: Times of India (November 20, 2010).

h. The White House released a photo of Obama with a halo around his head:Photostream: Business and Pleasure in August | The White House

h. "Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD."

i."In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD. He's going to bring all different sides together."
- Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

Now they're slithering off and hiding.

The new god turned out to be like all their old gods.....an abject failure.

No to "The Founders envisioned a God-fearing nation, but one built on the Judeo-Christian tradition. We find references to it in the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution." Jefferson, Paine, Madison, and so many others would laugh at you. You find nothing of the sort in either major document. You do find deistic language in the DOI and careful separation of Church and State in the USCOTUS. The closet things you get in either are the attestation dates required by law.
Judeo-Christian tradition

There’s No Such Thing as Judeo-Christian Values

The label “Judeo-Christian” tends to assume, at the expense of Judaism, that Christians and Jews believe essentially the same things.

Jews and Christians differ on every single fundamental principle—even on the meaning of core Scriptural texts. More crucially, Christians rely on the Old Testament for legal delineation; whereas Jews rely solely upon our rabbinic tradition. We never, ever turn to our Bible for legal guidance, only to our rabbinic literature. To suggest that our Sages had anything at all in common with the likes of Jerry Falwell, Jimmy Carter or Pat Robertson is a slap in the face of 2500 years of scholarship.

“Judeo-Christian” is as valid a concept as happy-joylessness, or tall dwarves. Klinghoffer’s yearnings for this repugnant “ideal” is a deviant phenomenon without a trace of commonality in traditional Jewish thought, ancient or modern.

The Jewish Press There s No Such Thing as Judeo-Christian Values

The op being a little adapted Asian girl has no understanding of American history nor does she have any ancestral ties to the west nor any understanding of it

Guno's comments on religion as a militant atheist has as much worth as does PC's on atheism since she is a crazy religious right winger.

Guno and PC do not have any cred on these issues. First, Judeo-Christian values do exist and have for a very long time. Two, militant atheism and militant far right religionism are destructive to America.

Last edited:
Gee.....none of the Liberals are trying to deny that they worshiped (past tense) Obama as their god.

Kind of reminds me of this:

"The God That Failed is a 1949 book[1] which collects together six essays with the testimonies of a number of famous ex-communists, who were writers and journalists. The common theme of the essays is the authors' disillusionment with and abandonment of communism."
The God that Failed - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Amazing symmetry: a book about communism, and the current communist....

...and both, failures!!!!

Of course, not nearly as abysmal as failures as Obama voters.

And none of us have denied that you seem extreme.

Obama is worshiped as a God? Really??

So...the Liberals aren't calling Obama the messiah, or Jesus, any longer.
Kinda turned around and bit 'em in the tail.

No....they're too busy wiping the egg off their face.

7. But Obama still believes he is god. Probably always did.
And he will not rest until all bend the neck and the knee to a federal religion of Liberalism/Leftism/secularism.

a. " It may be argued that religious beliefs and values have enlightened American law up to and including the period of the nation’s birth. As one author has stated, “religion and jurisprudence are so related,” in fact, “that to understand American legal history, one must understand American religion.” It has not been until recent generations that “the public philosophy of America [began to shift] radically from a religious to a secular theory of law.

b. t should be no less shocking, however, for the courts to refuse to consider the moral teachings of religious teachings of religious traditions when making moral value judgments. The constitutionalization of a secular moral philosophy, to the exclusion of a traditional religious moral views, would be tantamount to establishing a secular federal religion."

c. .... a conception, as espoused by John Adams, that the law is rooted in a common religious tradition...." http://lawandreligion.com/sites/lawandreligion.com/files/Elliott.pdf

And, of course, that reference is to the Judeo-Christian religious tradition.

America was built on the traditions of Judeo-Christian religion.

8. But not, of course, for Liberals/Leftists.....they have their own special 'god' to worship.....as anointed by the DNC.

And now, the most popular elected official, a two-term former President and former Liberal 'god,' is nothing less than a rapist, and a racist!

a. I would be remiss not to remind all that the icon of Leftists, Franklin Roosevelt, named his first nominee to the Supreme Court, Hugo Black ( 1937). This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” (Upholding concentration camps for US citizens.)
Engage Conversations in Philosophy They all look alike to a person not a Jap The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

b. Prior to Hugo Black there were no 'separation of church and state' Supreme Court decisions.

'During the course of American judicial history, particularly with the landmark decision of Everson v. Board of Education, Jefferson was subtly and erroneously attributed with the remark ‘high and impregnable’ wall. The force behind the misguided interpretation comes from the anti-Catholic former Ku Klux Klan member, Justice Hugo Black.'
Writing About Anything I Want To because I can.

"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..." http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

So....Liberals have been taking the KKK pledge as their own since 1947.

Amazing what Democrat voters will agree to.

While on the other hand I know quite a bit about science. Now since you appear to like making assumptions about people...

When did I say I was Christian?

You are taking the Funditards side, what you personally believe is irrelevant....

images

Really????? You sound like some sort of fundamentalist with your unquestioning faith in science being an end all to your beliefs even though you've admitted you know little about the subject...

So what makes you any better than a religious fundamentalist who follows his/her doctrine/dogma with unswerving devotion?

BTW your use of belittling pronouns only makes your argument the lesser in any debate on the issue.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:
The op being a little adapted Asian girl has no understanding of American history nor does she have any ancestral ties to the west nor any understanding of it

images

I see... So now it makes a difference to the progressive movement as to immigration status and race when it comes to taking a stance on a subject and if the person they have an issue with isn't caucasian they can throw slurs because that person is not progressive.

So now the progressives are saying that progressive bigotry is OK.

We're building up quit the list of things that progressives are culturally insensitive about.

Looks like bigotry comes in many forms.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:

Forum List

Back