World Series, pick your poison

I'm pulling for Kansas City, but the Giants looked determined and professional tonight.

One time Hunter Pence visited the Virgin Islands.
They had to change the name to The Islands.

Jesus walked on water.
Hunter Pence swims through land.

I hope we don't see Shields again. That was an awful start.
yeah he sucks when it comes to the playoffs.we are going to have to win the games when Baumgardner doesnt pitch otherwise I dont see them winning the series.tonight is crucial they win.

B0g9o_GCYAAc0Tw.jpg
he must have gone because his kids begged him to.he obviously doesnt want to be there.lol.

My Tigers were supposed to be a lead pipe CINCH to win it all this year....I figured they'd win the Central and lose to the Angels. Imagine my surprise when Baltimore tore through their abysmal bullpen. :cry: I watch every game on MLB.com....great deal, 30 games a month for $24.95 a month. Hopefully, the G'nts will end this in 4 and the Tigers can start announcing their plans for next year.

Herzog was manager of the Cards, but I agree that there are comparisons to Ned Yost.

Bochy doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks he should do, he just does it. He has the rings. He has total job security. He doesn't manage like he has managed all season long. He manages for the moment. He might pull Bumgarner out of the game in the 3rd inning, if he gets that itch. Put in Petit, the Terminator. The point is, Bochy doesn't care what the papers will say the next morning. He just draws and fires.

Giants in 4 games.

You are correct that he was manager of the cardinals,however I am correct as well that he was manager of the royals.He was manager of the royals before he was manager of the cardinals.He managed the royals in the mid to late 70's then went on to manage the cards in the mid 80's.

I remember too well how he always cost the royals from beating the yankees and going to the world series.those were some bad nightmares.

Matter of fact Ewing kauffman who was a very class owner unlike the one they have now,told him after the first year they lost to the yankees in the playoffs after that game-you just cost us a chance to go to the world series and we may never get back there again.

He wanted to fire him after that but he couldnt for the next couple years cause they kept winning the division.

I always said back then-Man Herzog always cost the royals form going to the world series everytime,i wish kauffman would fire him.If they would just get rid of him they could beat them.

the proof is in the pudding that was true because the year roayls finished second and did not win the division,Kauffman was then able to fire him and the manger that replaced him,the next year when they made it to the playoffs,they FINALLY beat the yankees and made it to their first world series.It was bittersweet because they swept the yankees where the royals always took the yankees to five games.

the royals best pitcher paul splittorf would be mowing them down in the lineup and herzog of course would take him out of the game late in the innings even though he was baffling all the hitters and the relief pitching would come in and blow it for them and give up a homerun to reggie jackson. jackson could never hit splittorf in the playoffs so herzog of course took him out and let their relievers blwo the game for the royals.

herzog also made costly decisions that kept the cardinals from winning the world series against the royals and twins.it was so great and bittersweet to watch him blow it in the world series against my royals.:biggrin: I got that game on tape and laugh everytime watching him have a meltdown in game seven knowing he is going to lose the series to the royals who he so badly wanted to beat because he was bitter at kauffman for firing him.:biggrin::lmao::lmao::lol:

Herzog was manager of the Cards, but I agree that there are comparisons to Ned Yost.

Bochy doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks he should do, he just does it. He has the rings. He has total job security. He doesn't manage like he has managed all season long. He manages for the moment. He might pull Bumgarner out of the game in the 3rd inning, if he gets that itch. Put in Petit, the Terminator. The point is, Bochy doesn't care what the papers will say the next morning. He just draws and fires.

Giants in 4 games.

the royals swept them in the regular season so i dont see the giants sweeping them if they win.

There is a Theory of Everything, and it is a synthesis of the known truths that buttress the foundations of the universe, and this Theory is named in honor of Hunter Pence, for he is the lone man who can make sense of it all.

Last edited:
My Tigers were supposed to be a lead pipe CINCH to win it all this year....I figured they'd win the Central and lose to the Angels. Imagine my surprise when Baltimore tore through their abysmal bullpen. :cry: I watch every game on MLB.com....great deal, 30 games a month for $24.95 a month. Hopefully, the G'nts will end this in 4 and the Tigers can start announcing their plans for next year.
Hard not to pick the Tigers with 3 Cy Young winners on the staff. There hasn't been a rotation like that since Maddox, Glavine & Smoltz.

One of my baseball regrets is that I never got to see Tiger Stadium.

Hard not to pick the Tigers with 3 Cy Young winners on the staff. There hasn't been a rotation like that since Maddox, Glavine & Smoltz.

One of my baseball regrets is that I never got to see Tiger Stadium.

It was quite a place....my first game there was in 1959...even then it smelled like piss and cheap ceegars. :laugh:

I saw Ted Williams there in his last season....and Mantle and Maris the year Tigers won 103 and still finished second to the Yanks.

Rocky Colavito was my hero.....Norm Cash made everybody laugh....Kaline was a snob...wouldn't sign autographs.

They did their best to save the old yard but the way it was built doomed it....I look forward to seeing a game some day in Comerica Park.

Forum List

Back