World Series, pick your poison

As I don't watch much baseball I have a question. Two actually.

Last night why wasn't the Royals pitcher pulled sooner.

And why isn't the starting pitcher from the Giants pitching again tonight?

My Tigers were supposed to be a lead pipe CINCH to win it all this year....I figured they'd win the Central and lose to the Angels. Imagine my surprise when Baltimore tore through their abysmal bullpen. :cry: I watch every game on MLB.com....great deal, 30 games a month for $24.95 a month. Hopefully, the G'nts will end this in 4 and the Tigers can start announcing their plans for next year.
Hard not to pick the Tigers with 3 Cy Young winners on the staff. There hasn't been a rotation like that since Maddox, Glavine & Smoltz.

One of my baseball regrets is that I never got to see Tiger Stadium.
I was more fortunate than you were.I went to the second to last game of the year in tiger stadium and guess what? it was against none other than THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS.i got a shirt that says THE LAST RUMBLE ON TRUMBALL.that was the street name the stadium was on.

i also saw yankee stadium before the closed it down.That more than anything is why i just dont get excited about baseball anymore.those asshole owners who dont give a fuck about the fans or tradition.I remember seeing bumper stickers while in detroit then saying-save tiger stadium. these fucking politicians dont care about us pions though and how we feel.

its a fucked up world that owners are allowed to close down classic ballparks like that just as it is that owners in the NFL are allowed to take a team away like the Rams or Colts that have decades of history in their cities.the world is so fucked.

Hard not to pick the Tigers with 3 Cy Young winners on the staff. There hasn't been a rotation like that since Maddox, Glavine & Smoltz.

It was quite a place....my first game there was in 1959...even then it smelled like piss and cheap ceegars. :laugh:

I saw Ted Williams there in his last season....and Mantle and Maris the year Tigers won 103 and still finished second to the Yanks.

Rocky Colavito was my hero.....Norm Cash made everybody laugh....Kaline was a snob...wouldn't sign autographs.

They did their best to save the old yard but the way it was built doomed it....I look forward to seeing a game some day in Comerica Park.

I'll NEVER go there to that shithole comerica park neither will i go to that phony fraud new yankee stadium.

It was quite a place....my first game there was in 1959...even then it smelled like piss and cheap ceegars. :laugh:

I saw Ted Williams there in his last season....and Mantle and Maris the year Tigers won 103 and still finished second to the Yanks.

Rocky Colavito was my hero.....Norm Cash made everybody laugh....Kaline was a snob...wouldn't sign autographs.

They did their best to save the old yard but the way it was built doomed it....I look forward to seeing a game some day in Comerica Park.
I remember Cash and Kaline from their visits to Yankee Stadium. And Gates Brown, Mark Fidrych, and "Steady Eddie" Brinkman, and Lolich, of course. And Ron LeFlore! Lol!

Yeah, you could get a seat right behind a cement column, I hear.

But Comerica looks like one of the nicest in the Majors. Pittsburgh's also looks nice. One of my favorites is one of the oldest of the cookie-cutters: Oakland Coliseum. Huge foul territory.

I was more fortunate than you were.I went to the second to last game of the year in tiger stadium and guess what? it was against none other than THE KANSAS CITY ROYALS.i got a shirt that says THE LAST RUMBLE ON TRUMBALL.that was the street name the stadium was on.

i also saw yankee stadium before the closed it down.That more than anything is why i just dont get excited about baseball anymore.those asshole owners who dont give a fuck about the fans or tradition.I remember seeing bumper stickers while in detroit then saying-save tiger stadium. these fucking politicians dont care about us pions though and how we feel.

its a fucked up world that owners are allowed to close down classic ballparks like that just as it is that owners in the NFL are allowed to take a team away like the Rams or Colts that have decades of history in their cities.the world is so fucked.

Yep, corner of Michigan and Trumbull. I'm a Detroit kid....there were night games that by the 7th inning the cigar smoke was so thick you could barely make out the stadium lights. Before 1960 it was called Briggs Stadium. And before they put the big scoreboard up, Babe Ruth hit a ball out over CF that rolled to a stop at 602' from home plate. Cash hit two over the roof in RF in back to back games and broke the same car's windshield across the street both times. :laugh: Nobody will ever forget Gibby taking Gossage deep to win the '84 WS. Real rough section of town down there...after a night game you better have a little something in your pocket if you were parked away from the stadium lights. Monaghan tried everything to save the old girl....spent thousands on architects who couldn't figure out how to modernize it. Mike Ilitch "PIzza Pizza" spent $140M of his own money building Comerica.

The Giants pitcher can't pitch two games in a row. They would blow out their arms. All starting pitchers are in a rotation, and pitch every 4 to 5 days.

The Royals pitcher probably wasn't pitching badly, they were just hitting some good pitches. It happens. If it's just a few hits it's dismissed as a fluke, but once it's gone more than that they other team has probably figured you out. Manager's judgement prevails, as always.

I remember Cash and Kaline from their visits to Yankee Stadium. And Gates Brown, Mark Fidrych, and "Steady Eddie" Brinkman, and Lolich, of course. And Ron LeFlore! Lol!

ahh those names bring back fond memories,the days when baseball was FUN to watch.thats the only tiger games i have any interest in is games played at tiger stadium.will forget lou whitaker and allan trammel.the best double play combination ever.i hope to find the classic playoff games at tiger stadium with the tigers and royals from 84.those were the days.

Yep, corner of Michigan and Trumbull. I'm a Detroit kid....there were night games that by the 7th inning the cigar smoke was so thick you could barely make out the stadium lights. Before 1960 it was called Briggs Stadium. And before they put the big scoreboard up, Babe Ruth hit a ball out over CF that rolled to a stop at 602' from home plate. Cash hit two over the roof in RF in back to back games and broke the same car's windshield across the street both times. :laugh: Nobody will ever forget Gibby taking Gossage deep to win the '84 WS. Real rough section of town down there...after a night game you better have a little something in your pocket if you were parked away from the stadium lights. Monaghan tried everything to save the old girl....spent thousands on architects who couldn't figure out how to modernize it. Mike Ilitch "PIzza Pizza" spent $140M of his own money building Comerica.

:thup:
ahh the good old days when baseball was actually fun to watch even on tv before comerica park came along.

The Giants pitcher can't pitch two games in a row. They would blow out their arms. All starting pitchers are in a rotation, and pitch every 4 to 5 days.

The Royals pitcher probably wasn't pitching badly, they were just hitting some good pitches. It happens. If it's just a few hits it's dismissed as a fluke, but once it's gone more than that they other team has probably figured you out. Manager's judgement prevails, as always.
Is that a league rule for pitchers or just the norm? Either way that seems really stupid.

And they hit everything he threw plus he couldn't hit the box half the time. I don't watch a lot of baseball but even I recognized how awful the pitching was.

Yeah, you could get a seat right behind a cement column, I hear.

But Comerica looks like one of the nicest in the Majors. Pittsburgh's also looks nice. One of my favorites is one of the oldest of the cookie-cutters: Oakland Coliseum. Huge foul territory.

Gates was an ex-con...nobody messed with Gator. Lolich still makes donuts out in one of the suburbs. Jim Bunning was a favorite of mine....he'd knock down his mother if she dug in too deep in the batters box. Then there was Frank "Yankee Killer" Larry......very ordinary against all the other teams but the Yanks couldn't touch him. Another favorite was Charlie "Ol Paw Paw" Maxwell....aka "The Sunday Punch"....Charlie was the most dangerous hitter in baseball on Sunday afternoons...the rest of the week....eh. Ron LeFlore was another jail bird....I saw him play up in Seattle when they were still in the bunker called the "Kingdome"....I got a pic of Ron scoring a run.

Is that a league rule for pitchers or just the norm? Either way that seems really stupid.

And they hit everything he threw plus he couldn't hit the box half the time. I don't watch a lot of baseball but even I recognized how awful the pitching was.

Excuse me? Are you saying that Bumgartner should pitch every game and that he pitched a bad game last night?

Excuse me? Are you saying that Bumgartner should pitch every game and that he pitched a bad game last night?
I'm saying that you've had too many to drink if that's what you think I said

Well what did you mean by this:

"And why isn't the starting pitcher from the Giants pitching again tonight?"

Come on dude. It should be obvious.

Bad pitcher needs to be OUT

Good pitcher should be IN

speaking of royals and tigers.anyone here who has never taken in a game at royals stadium here in the midwest needs to do so.it is the coolest ballpark in the country with its royal crown scoreboard and the water fountains which is a spectacular water show to look at between innings.beautiful stadium.

sparky anderson even said that royals stadiu was his favorite ballpark to come to when asked what his favorite ballpark was.and remember,he managed in BOTH the american and national league.

Also

Come on dude. It should be obvious.

Bad pitcher needs to be OUT

Good pitcher should be IN

Are you saying that Bumgartner should be pitching?

Not trying to be a dick just not sure if you need an explanation.

Oldschool, what exactly is complicated about these two questions?

Again I ask as well. How much have you had to drink buddy lol

Oldschool, what exactly is complicated about these two questions?

Again I ask as well. How much have you had to drink buddy lol

Do you think Bumgartner should have started tonight for the Giants?

Forum List

Back