Woohoo!! GA Gov. vetoes religious liberty bill; Muslims must bake Mohammed cake; Gays must cater too

Or, we could tone down your own bigotry, and substitute with "This establishment caters to opposite sex weddings only". You can even make them provide a list of competitors.
That would make them more comfortable in their bigotry. I don't believe anyone should seek comfort for bigotry. I don't think anyone should seek protection for their bigotry. I think bigots should be brave enough to open display their bigotry and own it proudly.

And then let government crush them into the ground, right?
The beloved Free Market will do that.

Fine, then you support repeal of PA laws, right? or at least adding a test to them when it comes to contracted services that takes into account the 1st amendment rights of those in question, right?
If businesses don't want to comply laws, let them post a sign in their front windows proclaiming their reasoning proudly and boldly. e.g.

ABSOLUTELY NO ******* SERVED HERE!

NO TOWEL HEADS, NO MUSLIMS, NO EXCEPTIONS!

NO INFIDELS!

\
They wouldnt have the courage to do that. They want the money but they dont want you to be obvious about your differences.

There is no fray. The inbreds that cant understand PA laws will be punished. Its really that simple.

Bigot.
Dont be so emotional. If you open your store to the public you will absolutely obey the rules or be punished. If you cant deal with that....well thats really your issue.

Again, we aren't talking walk in transactions, but contracted services or goods for an event.
I dont care what type of transactions you are talking about. If its offered to the public you will comply or be fined, shutdown, or sued. You dont have a choice.

The law is being wrongly applied.
So change it and stop whining. Until you change it you will operate under those laws or be punished.

If gays target someone to participate in their wedding under threat of punishment, they deserve to have the entire wedding destroyed. Pour bleach over the flowers.

Georgia governor to veto LGBT bill - CNN.com

Woohoo!!! Freedom won....err....didn't win. Fuck it...something won.

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

SO....liberals....lets celebrate:

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

Right libs? Is that how this thing works???

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??

good thing no one would ever rely on you to determine how a law should be construed.

poor sad little bigot

The beloved Free Market will do that.

Fine, then you support repeal of PA laws, right? or at least adding a test to them when it comes to contracted services that takes into account the 1st amendment rights of those in question, right?
If businesses don't want to comply laws, let them post a sign in their front windows proclaiming their reasoning proudly and boldly. e.g.

ABSOLUTELY NO ******* SERVED HERE!

NO TOWEL HEADS, NO MUSLIMS, NO EXCEPTIONS!

NO INFIDELS!

\

We don't cater to "X" events is more than enough.
]NO COMFORT, NO PROTECTIONS, NO SOLACE OR VALIDATION FOR BIGOTS. if THEY ARE BIGOTS, LET THEM SHOW IT PROUDLY.

Cap's doesn't make you any smarter, in fact, thank you for losing the argument.
I apologize. I'm due for cataract surgery next week and caps makes it easier for me to proof read. I forgot to undo them. Sorry.

Bake the damn cake and fuck up the whole wedding.

and get sued if you mess with the wedding.

you seem to be confused
Of course not. It requires some talent. For instance you cannot be sued for asking for forgiveness. You can't be sued for having an emotional meltdown. You can't be sued if you become the target of protests. You can't be sued for remarking that you wouldn't eat that cake.

Dozens of things you can't be sued for.

Thats how i would handle it if I was a homophobe.
That's how I handle everyone who thinks they get to tell me what to do. Make it hurt.
They do get to tell you what to do. Lets see your commitment to your idea instead of brave talk. Go out there and mess up a wedding so we can see. My guess is you dont have the courage.
I am not a baker. Florist, photographer or any other service provider. When I did have a lesbian couple ask me to paint their wedding portrait, I threw them out and tolf them to fuck off. They did sue me but they lost.

That's how I handle everyone who thinks they get to tell me what to do. Make it hurt.
They do get to tell you what to do. Lets see your commitment to your idea instead of brave talk. Go out there and mess up a wedding so we can see. My guess is you dont have the courage.
I am not a baker. Florist, photographer or any other service provider. When I did have a lesbian couple ask me to paint their wedding portrait, I threw them out and tolf them to fuck off. They did sue me but they lost.
Sure you did. :itsok:

Sure you did. :itsok:
Yep. See in their gay zeal to punish someone for not immediately caving into their demands they forgot to make sure the business they were trying to sue really was a business providing the service that they wanted. And of course despite the number of commissions I painted, there was no business providing artistic services. They learned an expensive lesson.

Sorry I dropped your cake. Here's a refund.

The bigotry of that era was government mandated, from the State to the Local level. It is not the same as a single or few vendors for a ceremony they do not approve of asking the people to go to someone else. And some vendors only specialize in certain weddings, be it Jewish, Catholic, Black, or anything else. The main issue is there isn't a group of butthurt protected class advocates gunning for them and trying to ruin them. Most black people prefer to use vendors that cater to black culture, and there are other examples with other ethnic groups.

Again, where is the harm? Where is the systemic economic harm (and its corresponding political harm) that these laws were designed to fight in the first place?
In my Christian faith (Presbyterian), the minister has never admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Avoiding such commerce is not a basic tenet of Christianity. It is, rather, dogma derived from an obscure piece of scripture. Christ Himself never admonished His followers to avoid and decline commerce with anyone. So, a few bigoted folks are using Scripture, twisting it to serve a bad purpose.

And now these bigots want legal protection for their bigotry. Pretty much the same as mandated bigotry.

If these bigots can pervert a loving, forgiving and beautiful faith to serve a vile purpose in one instance, what prevents them from turning their bigotry toward other Americans.

And you said people are 'gunning' for these bigoted merchants. How? By coming into their places of business as paying customers expecting the same high level of service each and every other customer expects? Only to be humiliated and turned away because they do not fit cleanly into the cubby hole some narrow minded bigot demands?

Should. we have second class citizens of this nation? Should a few bigots call the tune? Where was their Scriptural mandate before?

Again, that isn't up to you, me or government to decide unless there is a compelling government interest created by some actual harm.

And by legal protection, you really mean "consideration for the 1st amendment rights vs. the commerce rights of the couple in question", not "you no like gays, you DIE BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA" which is the current standard.

By going into places they know may not want to provide service just to get government to punish them.

Someone loses in any part of this, you want to assume that these people of faith should be 2nd class citizens because simply you don't like their politics.
I might be content if those "people of faith" placed a large sign in their window reading:

DUE TO OUR ABIDING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT 'JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED' AND 'CAST NOT THE FIRST STONE UNLESS YOU TOO ARE FREE OF SIN' AND 'DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU', WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO THOSE SKEEVY LITTLE FAGGOTS. IT'S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO.

Let them own their bigotry proudly.

Or, we could tone down your own bigotry, and substitute with "This establishment caters to opposite sex weddings only". You can even make them provide a list of competitors.
That would make them more comfortable in their bigotry. I don't believe anyone should seek comfort for bigotry. I don't think anyone should seek protection for their bigotry. I think bigots should be brave enough to open display their bigotry and own it proudly.
well fking good for you. you don't get to tell people what they can and can't believe in. Who the fk do you think you are?

This is what happens when a Government classifies one group of people "special". then they have to make up other laws for protections to the rest of people and it just goes on and on until we have NO FREEDOMS . people are too stupid to realize this. first it was Blacks, then Homosexuals now religious is up and where does it stop?

Again, that isn't up to you, me or government to decide unless there is a compelling government interest created by some actual harm.

And by legal protection, you really mean "consideration for the 1st amendment rights vs. the commerce rights of the couple in question", not "you no like gays, you DIE BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA" which is the current standard.

By going into places they know may not want to provide service just to get government to punish them.

Someone loses in any part of this, you want to assume that these people of faith should be 2nd class citizens because simply you don't like their politics.
I might be content if those "people of faith" placed a large sign in their window reading:

DUE TO OUR ABIDING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT 'JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED' AND 'CAST NOT THE FIRST STONE UNLESS YOU TOO ARE FREE OF SIN' AND 'DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU', WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO THOSE SKEEVY LITTLE FAGGOTS. IT'S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO.

Let them own their bigotry proudly.

And then let government crush them into the ground, right?
Exactly. They need to be crushed (or fined) and the government elected by the people will see to it.
who are the people? aren't bigots part of the who? you just want everyone to believe in things like you. well that ain't how it works in the US.

get this. dictator Cuomo has denied his slaves (workers) money to travel to a state because he doesn't like their laws.

snip:
Andrew Cuomo bans all non-essential travel to N.C.
Washington Examiner ^ | March 29, 2016 | Anna Giaritelli

The move is the latest political response to Republican Gov. Pat McCrory's Friday approval of legislation by the N.C. state assembly that maintains, in instances of gender-specific facilities, individuals must use that which is identified on his or her birth certificate. In addition, the law bans cities and municipalities from passing laws that would seek to circumvent the overarching state law.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Forum List

Back