Woohoo!! GA Gov. vetoes religious liberty bill; Muslims must bake Mohammed cake; Gays must cater too

Georgia governor to veto LGBT bill - CNN.com

Woohoo!!! Freedom won....err....didn't win. Fuck it...something won.

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

SO....liberals....lets celebrate:

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

Right libs? Is that how this thing works???

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??

They would have lost any chance at getting the Super Bowl in Atlanta. That's why he vetoed it. Everything comes down to money, not morals.

""""....... In a previous statement to theAtlanta Journal-Constitution, the NFL made it clear that Atlanta could lose its chance to host any future Super Bowls if the bill was signed into law."""

Governor to veto anti-gay bill that could have cost Atlanta Super Bowls

GA Governor vetoes the Religious Liberty bill which would've granted businesses the right to NOT do things that violate their religious beliefs. Ya I know....bigots.

Muslim bakeries in Atlanta?? Yes. They will have to bake me a Mohammed cake now. With his pet pig too.
Gay bakeries in Savnnah....will have to cater my AIDS Appreciation Festival. Right??
Or...the local gay protestant church...will have to rent their banquet hall to me for my rainbow flag shredding competiton....complete with a contest to see who can toss a gay mannequin the farthest off the building!
If a mosque rents out its banquet hall....I'll be renting it for my 1st annual Mohammed Costume & Best Bacon and BBQ contest. And they'll have no choice but allow it.

No. Surely this shit wouldn't force a private group to allow such disgraceful and insulting offenses against a person's beliefs. RIGHT??

They would have lost any chance at getting the Super Bowl in Atlanta. That's why he vetoed it. Everything comes down to money, not morals.

""""....... In a previous statement to theAtlanta Journal-Constitution, the NFL made it clear that Atlanta could lose its chance to host any future Super Bowls if the bill was signed into law."""

Sounds to me like those that opposed the bill can't defend their beliefs based on the merits of their beliefs.

In my Christian faith (Presbyterian), the minister has never admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Avoiding such commerce is not a basic tenet of Christianity. It is, rather, dogma derived from an obscure piece of scripture. Christ Himself never admonished His followers to avoid and decline commerce with anyone. So, a few bigoted folks are using Scripture, twisting it to serve a bad purpose.

And now these bigots want legal protection for their bigotry. Pretty much the same as mandated bigotry.

If these bigots can pervert a loving, forgiving and beautiful faith to serve a vile purpose in one instance, what prevents them from turning their bigotry toward other Americans.

And you said people are 'gunning' for these bigoted merchants. How? By coming into their places of business as paying customers expecting the same high level of service each and every other customer expects? Only to be humiliated and turned away because they do not fit cleanly into the cubby hole some narrow minded bigot demands?

Should. we have second class citizens of this nation? Should a few bigots call the tune? Where was their Scriptural mandate before?

Again, that isn't up to you, me or government to decide unless there is a compelling government interest created by some actual harm.

And by legal protection, you really mean "consideration for the 1st amendment rights vs. the commerce rights of the couple in question", not "you no like gays, you DIE BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA" which is the current standard.

By going into places they know may not want to provide service just to get government to punish them.

Someone loses in any part of this, you want to assume that these people of faith should be 2nd class citizens because simply you don't like their politics.
I might be content if those "people of faith" placed a large sign in their window reading:

DUE TO OUR ABIDING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT 'JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED' AND 'CAST NOT THE FIRST STONE UNLESS YOU TOO ARE FREE OF SIN' AND 'DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU', WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO THOSE SKEEVY LITTLE FAGGOTS. IT'S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO.

Let them own their bigotry proudly.

Or, we could tone down your own bigotry, and substitute with "This establishment caters to opposite sex weddings only". You can even make them provide a list of competitors.
That would make them more comfortable in their bigotry. I don't believe anyone should seek comfort for bigotry. I don't think anyone should seek protection for their bigotry. I think bigots should be brave enough to open display their bigotry and own it proudly.
well fking good for you. you don't get to tell people what they can and can't believe in. Who the fk do you think you are?
In my Christian faith (Presbyterian), the minister has never admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Avoiding such commerce is not a basic tenet of Christianity. It is, rather, dogma derived from an obscure piece of scripture. Christ Himself never admonished His followers to avoid and decline commerce with anyone. So, a few bigoted folks are using Scripture, twisting it to serve a bad purpose.

And now these bigots want legal protection for their bigotry. Pretty much the same as mandated bigotry.

If these bigots can pervert a loving, forgiving and beautiful faith to serve a vile purpose in one instance, what prevents them from turning their bigotry toward other Americans.

And you said people are 'gunning' for these bigoted merchants. How? By coming into their places of business as paying customers expecting the same high level of service each and every other customer expects? Only to be humiliated and turned away because they do not fit cleanly into the cubby hole some narrow minded bigot demands?

Should. we have second class citizens of this nation? Should a few bigots call the tune? Where was their Scriptural mandate before?

Again, that isn't up to you, me or government to decide unless there is a compelling government interest created by some actual harm.

And by legal protection, you really mean "consideration for the 1st amendment rights vs. the commerce rights of the couple in question", not "you no like gays, you DIE BUNGA BUNGA BUNGA" which is the current standard.

By going into places they know may not want to provide service just to get government to punish them.

Someone loses in any part of this, you want to assume that these people of faith should be 2nd class citizens because simply you don't like their politics.
I might be content if those "people of faith" placed a large sign in their window reading:

DUE TO OUR ABIDING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT 'JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED' AND 'CAST NOT THE FIRST STONE UNLESS YOU TOO ARE FREE OF SIN' AND 'DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU', WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO THOSE SKEEVY LITTLE FAGGOTS. IT'S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO.

Or, we could tone down your own bigotry, and substitute with "This establishment caters to opposite sex weddings only". You can even make them provide a list of competitors.
That would make them more comfortable in their bigotry. I don't believe anyone should seek comfort for bigotry. I don't think anyone should seek protection for their bigotry. I think bigots should be brave enough to open display their bigotry and own it proudly.
well fking good for you. you don't get to tell people what they can and can't believe in. Who the fk do you think you are?
So you think there should be legal protection for those who discriminate? You think we should make it comfortable for people who are bigots? Should bigots get everything they want, what makes apartheid illegal?

Sounds to me like those that opposed the bill can't defend their beliefs based on the merits of their beliefs.

That's because they believe strongly that the NFL, Viacom, Delta, Disney, Coca-Cola, Unilever, and Intel will pull out of Georgia if the law is passed.

That's because they believe strongly that the NFL, Viacom, Delta, Disney, Coca-Cola, Unilever, and Intel will pull out of Georgia if the law is passed.

Apparently they don't believe that the reasons they claim to oppose the wording of the bill really are that valid.

So you think there should be legal protection for those who discriminate? You think we should make it comfortable for people who are bigots? Should bigots get everything they want, what makes apartheid illegal?
are we all equal or not? Isn't that the argument? So forcing something on someone isn't liked by your side and it isn't liked on ours. So, what is it you want, you want everyone to believe what you believe, right? how stupid is that?

Oh, and it is bigotted.

Last edited:

Interesting, since in your quest to prevent bigotry, you are encouraging it. By shaming someone into doing something against their religious beliefs, you are encouraging an even worse type of bigotry.

Last edited:

are we all equal or not? Isn't that the argument? So forcing something on someone isn't liked by your side and it isn't liked on ours. So, what is it you want, you want everyone to believe what you believe, right? how stupid is that?

Oh, and it is bigotted.
Let me put it this way; what is a more noble aspiration, to treat all customers with fairness and equality or to heap petty bigotry and humiliation on customers you might find 'icky' because of who they love?

Oh, and it is bigotted.
Let me put it this way; what is a more noble aspiration, to treat all customers with fairness and equality or to heap petty bigotry and humiliation on customers you might find 'icky' because of who they love?
and yet you're ok with killing babies.

Interesting, since in your quest to prevent bigotry, you are encouraging it. By shaming someone into doing something against their religious beliefs, you are encouraging an even worse type of bigotry.
Why should they be proud of such a vile position?

Oh, and it is bigotted.
and yet you're ok with killing babies.
What? Deflection and a bold lie does little to bolster your argument.

Who said anything about them being "proud"?

Are you proud of your attempts to push yourselves on their beliefs?

Where are you when a Muslim makes the same decision on behalf of his faith?

Tell me, what would you do if I tried to force my sexual preferences on you regardless of what religious beliefs you held dear?

Don't you think you're being hypocritical?

Who said anything about them being "proud"?

Are you proud of your attempts to push yourselves on their beliefs?

Where are you when a Muslim makes the same decision on behalf of his faith?

Tell me, what would you do if I tried to force my sexual preferences on you regardless of what religious beliefs you held dear?

Don't you think you're being hypocritical?
Spare us the hyperbole. Are you forcing your sexual preference by means of a pass, or do you understand the simple concept of tolerance?

Certainly those who twist Christianity to serve their foul purpose understand neither the basic tenets of that beautiful, loving and forgiving faith nor the concept of tolerance.
There is NOTHING noble in the way those alleged Christians practice their so called faith.

Hatred, fear, suspicion and basic ignorance does not lay the foundation for legal protection so they can perpetuate division and humiliation and discrimination.

do you understand the simple concept of tolerance?

Do you?

Do you tolerate those who act based on their religious beliefs instead of your politically dogmatic interpretation of "tolerance?" I doubt you do, all as you go about your merry way instilling your version of "tolerance" by destroying any and all those [Christians] who have religious objections to homosexuality via the legal process.

You say nothing of the Muslims who routinely practice discrimination against women and homosexuals, and yet you want to lecture me about tolerance. How dare you. Spare me.

Tolerance isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Tolerance begets tolerance. Tolerance doesn't work if only one side is made to exercise it.

Certainly those who twist Christianity to serve their foul purpose understand neither the basic tenets of that beautiful, loving and forgiving faith nor the concept of tolerance. There is NOTHING noble in the way those alleged Christians practice their so called faith.

Don't preach to me. The Bible isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

I hold the same religious objection to homosexuality, yet I tolerate them in a way you don't. Your message is adversarial, not "tolerant" as you would have me believe. You would have us tolerate something we reject all at the cost of your own tolerance to our beliefs.

It is a one sided deal, nothing more.

Hatred, fear, suspicion and basic ignorance does not lay the foundation for legal protection so they can perpetuate division and humiliation and discrimination.

It's not hatred, fear, suspicion, or "basic ignorance." It is a simple obedience to God's Word. The basic ignorance is yours. If there is hatred, it is because your adversarial message of "tolerance" only perpetuates it. Instead of allaying the fear and hatred, you only make it worse. As far as "division and humiliation and discrimination" go, instead of solving those problems you are on a quest to repay in kind. A quest for revenge. In a way, you will divide all who get in your way, humiliate those who hold any objections, and discriminate against them in the way they discriminated against you.

This isn't a plea for understanding, it is an ultimatum.

Last edited:
do you understand the simple concept of tolerance?

Do you?

Do you tolerate those who act based on their religious beliefs instead of your politically dogmatic interpretation of "tolerance?" I doubt you do, all as you go about your merry way instilling your version of "tolerance" by destroying any and all those [Christians] who have religious objections to homosexuality via the legal process.

You say nothing of the Muslims who routinely practice discrimination against women and homosexuals, and yet you want to lecture me about tolerance. How dare you. Spare me.

Tolerance isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Tolerance begets tolerance. Tolerance doesn't work if only one side is made to exercise it.

Certainly those who twist Christianity to serve their foul purpose understand neither the basic tenets of that beautiful, loving and forgiving faith nor the concept of tolerance. There is NOTHING noble in the way those alleged Christians practice their so called faith.

Don't preach to me. The Bible isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

I hold the same religious objection to homosexuality, yet I tolerate them in a way you don't. Your message is adversarial, not "tolerant" as you would have me believe. You would have us tolerate something we reject all at the cost of your own tolerance to our beliefs.

It is a one sided deal, nothing more.

It's not hatred, fear, suspicion, or "basic ignorance." It is a simple obedience to God's Word. The basic ignorance is yours. If there is hatred, it is because your adversarial message of "tolerance" only perpetuates it. Instead of allaying the fear and hatred, you only make it worse. As far as "division and humiliation and discrimination" go, instead of solving those problems you are on a quest to repay in kind. A quest for revenge. In a way, you will divide all who get in your way, humiliate those who hold any objections, and discriminate against them in the way they discriminated against you.

This isn't a plea for understanding, it is an ultimatum.
I have no respect for the concept of hiding behind a forgiving, loving faith in order to treat another of God's children with contempt. I have no respect for those who seek to twist the same loving forgiving faith that sustained me and raised me to believe that God is love into a perverted aegis of hatred.

I do not regard the concept of "religious freedom" in this context as legitimate. Rather, I see bigots wanting to perpetuate something distinctly unChristian. It's a sham, a ruse, false prophecy, heresy.

And seeking legal cover further convinces me that such unChristian "Christians" won't stop at using their regressive views of faith, but continue their fearful and backward thinking to apply to the laws of man, the laws of this great nation, the basic ethics that bind us and propel us forward.

I am intolerant of intolerance. And intolerance is what these backward thinking, self righteous alleged Christians are fomenting.

My God is a loving God. Not one who would abandon some of His children and shield others who simply want to hate.

Where is it in Christianity that Christians must knowingly commit sins. Just to show how tolerant they are.

Where is it in Christianity that Christians must knowingly commit sins. Just to show how tolerant they are.
Where is it written that photography, baking, flower arranging and D.J.ing are. Sins? Where is it written that to save your soul you must abandon and forget the teachings of Jesus Christ and follow an obscure passage of a letter written by Paul?

Rhere's no piety in bigotry..

Last edited:
Where is it written that photography, baking, flower arranging and D.J.ing are. Sins? Where is it written that to save your soul you must abandon and forget the teachings of Jesus Christ and follow an obscure passage of a letter written by Paul?

Rhere's no piety in bigotry..
When photography, baking and flower arranging requires participation in an event rooted in perversion. Yes, perverts have an absolute right to practice their perversion. What they cannot do is require the participation of an unwilling partner. It's a form of rape.

Forum List

Back