Wonderful: Judge blocks attempt to remove Charlottesville Confederate statues

Why can't these statues be removed to a museum or private garden?
Why can't you whiners STFU?

Because they are on public property but do not represent the public and our public values. Who wants to go down town and look up at a hero's statue to a guy who betrayed his nation? BTW: is your avatar the "Pepe the Frog" mascot of white supremacist slobs?

But they did represent the public and our public values. Until very recently. The nation as a whole was fine with it, right up until about 5 to 10 years ago.

So, is this the point where you admit that all that talk of multiculturalism was a lie?

Seriously? What about all of the folks who are descendants of people who were enslaved. How could you say that "the nation has a whole was fine with it"? I'm not fine with honoring Robert E. Lee and the likes of him. Why was he given a place of honor? This man who enslaved people and betrayed his country? He represents no "value" to me. Incidentally, we need to define the term "public values." To me the phrase means freedom, equality, respect for others, honor, for starters.

Just what is so awful about putting these things in museums?

All I'm saying is remove the statues of these individuals from places of honor in our communities, where they do not belong, and put them some place where their stories can be told.

Why would I think, much less "admit," that "talk of multiculturalism" is or was a lie? Everybody's here. Everybody's been here, historically speaking. What do you mean?
You are aware that Gen. Lee was much more than a Confederate General right? And, was instrumental in working with the union to heal the country after the war, right?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Because they are on public property but do not represent the public and our public values. Who wants to go down town and look up at a hero's statue to a guy who betrayed his nation? BTW: is your avatar the "Pepe the Frog" mascot of white supremacist slobs?

But they did represent the public and our public values. Until very recently. The nation as a whole was fine with it, right up until about 5 to 10 years ago.

So, is this the point where you admit that all that talk of multiculturalism was a lie?

Seriously? What about all of the folks who are descendants of people who were enslaved. How could you say that "the nation has a whole was fine with it"? I'm not fine with honoring Robert E. Lee and the likes of him. Why was he given a place of honor? This man who enslaved people and betrayed his country? He represents no "value" to me. Incidentally, we need to define the term "public values." To me the phrase means freedom, equality, respect for others, honor, for starters.

All I'm saying is remove the statues of these individuals from places of honor in our communities, where they do not belong, and put them some place where their stories can be told.

Why would I think, much less "admit," that "talk of multiculturalism" is or was a lie? Everybody's here. Everybody's been here, historically speaking. What do you mean?

Multiculturalism was sold the American people based on the lie that, we would be welcoming and inclusive of all cultures, and celebrate their cultures and as they grew to be part of our new and larger community, we would all live in harmony and peace.

BUT, instead, people like you, now that you have more power, are going after our culture(s) and heritage(s) and erasing them from the public square.

This is not living in peace and harmony. This is people like you, waging a culture war on people like me.

Multiculturalism, was a lie from the beginning, and is about destroying Traditional America and replacing it with something else.

Something hostile to traditional America and Americans.

What is/are"our culture(s) and heritage(s)"? And how are they being "erased" from the public square? How am I "waging a culture war" on people like you? What can't you do now that you could do 20 years ago? What is "traditional" in our land?

Multiculturalism was sold the American people based on the lie that, we would be welcoming and inclusive of all cultures, and celebrate their cultures and as they grew to be part of our new and larger community, we would all live in harmony and peace.

BUT, instead, people like you, now that you have more power, are going after our culture(s) and heritage(s) and erasing them from the public square.

This is not living in peace and harmony. This is people like you, waging a culture war on people like me.

Multiculturalism, was a lie from the beginning, and is about destroying Traditional America and replacing it with something else.

What is/are"our culture(s) and heritage(s)"? And how are they being "erased" from the public square? How am I "waging a culture war" on people like you? What can't you do now that you could do 20 years ago? What is "traditional" in our land?

1. Our traditional American culture(s).

2. With shit like pulling down historical statues.

3. With shit like pulling down historical statues.

4. Go to the park and see my heritage celebrated with historical statues.

5. Traditional American culture and heritage.

At the back end of this we ended up with charlatans and clowns like the drug addicted corrupted mayor of D.C. and the murdering corrupted mayor of New Orleans just to start. Community after community in worst shape after rules of their rule. Some communities have had resistance by the population but the taxpayers are on the hook for more and who pays have expanded into outer communities, outer regions and to the federal level. Enslavement is the non privileged taxpayer no matter what his/her heritage.

Let the people of Charlottesville decide what monuments they want and where

They did, when they put them up.
Interesting concept

You can vote to put up a statue but you can’t change your mind later

Sure you can. Let's just be honest about why the change.

I wonder what would have happened if blacks had gone before a judge fifty years ago to block them from putting up the statues

At the back end of this we ended up with charlatans and clowns like the drug addicted corrupted mayor of D.C. and the murdering corrupted mayor of New Orleans just to start. Community after community in worst shape after rules of their rule. Some communities have had resistance by the population but the taxpayers are on the hook for more and who pays have expanded into outer communities, outer regions and to the federal level. Enslavement is the non privileged taxpayer no matter what his/her heritage.

Huh?

Interesting concept

I wonder what would have happened if blacks had gone before a judge fifty years ago to block them from putting up the statues

They would have been dismissed as anti-American assholes, and rightfully so.

Interesting concept

They would have been dismissed as anti-American assholes, and rightfully so.
Sure as hell would have and probably beaten up to boot

Blacks who objected to statues they considered a racist affront would have been told.....majority rules and not have access to the courts

Racist whites such as yourself are now in the minority and go running to the courts when they don’t get their way

Blacks who objected to statues they considered a racist affront would have been told.....majority rules and not have access to the courts

Racist whites such as yourself are now in the minority and go running to the courts when they don’t get their way
Major irony and chutzpah points for a leftist quisling whining about running to the courts for relief.
What would you prefer, Slick? An armed insurrection over the matter? You don't like the courts now?

You don't think that cities/counties have the right to vote to remove statues on their property?

Curious. Your heritage is symbolized by a four year period (only half the time that the NAZIs maintained their Third Reich) where a group tried to break away from the U.S. in a violent manner for the purposes of maintaining their control over other human beings? A group that started a war it couldn't finish....and was still treated MORE than decently afterwards?

Major irony and chutzpah points for a leftist quisling whining about running to the courts for relief.
What would you prefer, Slick? An armed insurrection over the matter? You don't like the courts now?

LOL

Funny how the courts were never there when white racists controlled Charlotesville

LOL

Funny how the courts were never there when white racists controlled Charlotesville
Meaning what? "Never there" in what way? And what does the past of decades ago have to do with this specific subject?
Maybe you should stop deflecting and obstructing this thread.

You don't think that cities/counties have the right to vote to remove statues on their property?

Curious. Your heritage is symbolized by a four year period (only half the time that the NAZIs maintained their Third Reich) where a group tried to break away from the U.S. in a violent manner for the purposes of maintaining their control over other human beings? A group that started a war it couldn't finish....and was still treated MORE than decently afterwards?

Of course they have that right. And I have the right to point out the meaning of such a step.

The spin you place on the historical statue, btw, likening it to "nazis", shows the level of hostility you have towards traditional American culture(s).

Which verifies the point I was making, as if there was any doubt.

Something hostile to traditional America and Americans.[

Interesting concept

You have no fucking clue. Your ignorance of history is astounding. Fifty years ago the statues had already been standing for several decades, jackass party of slavery supporter.

The Democrats erected them in the 1920s. Now it is apparent that the Democrats are seeking to whitewash their sordid history of vile hatred and oppression by removing them.

Last edited:
Why nor put up more statues to memorialize those victimized by slavery and to Union heroes? Put historical markers on all of them explaining what happened and the role that each of these people played. Why not a statue of Sherman or another Union general? There were generals who fought on the Union side who were southerners.

BTW: the political parties switched sides. We all know this, so there is no sense making this a partisan issue.

Why nor put up more statues to memorialize those victimized by slavery and to Union heroes? Put historical markers on all of them explaining what happened and the role that each of these people played. Why not a statue of Sherman or another Union general? There were generals who fought on the Union side who were southerners.

BTW: the political parties switched sides. We all know this, so there is no sense making this a partisan issue.

The parties never switched sides. YOur party of racism, just switch who you target.

Forum List

Back