Wonderful: Judge blocks attempt to remove Charlottesville Confederate statues

These two men were true southern gentleman. They deserve to be honored. This judge did the right thing.

Judge blocks attempt to remove Charlottesville Confederate statues
The ruling makes sense, My family had people who fought on both sides, so I honor them as people who fought for States Rights, and then there are family members who ran RR station is getting the slaves to safety.

upload_2019-9-14_16-3-39.jpeg

^^^ Amen to that. Why can't certain people light their own candle instead of blowing out one that is already burning? Blowing out one candle will not make another one shine brighter anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Let the people of Charlottesville decide what monuments they want and where

These two men were true southern gentleman. They deserve to be honored. This judge did the right thing.

Judge blocks attempt to remove Charlottesville Confederate statues

"
“I don’t think I can infer that a historical preservation statute was intended to be racist,” he said. “Certainly, [racism] was on their minds, but we should not judge the current law by that intent.”

The judge issued a permanent injunction preventing the removal.

He also said he would award the plaintiff’s attorneys’ fees but would weigh arguments before determining the amount."

That is wonderful!

Let the people of Charlottesville decide what monuments they want and where

They already did that when those rich Democrats paid to have them built. Women were also instrumental in raising funds to build the majority of Confederate monuments.

Why can't these statues be removed to a museum or private garden?
Why can't you whiners STFU?

Because they are on public property but do not represent the public and our public values. Who wants to go down town and look up at a hero's statue to a guy who betrayed his nation? BTW: is your avatar the "Pepe the Frog" mascot of white supremacist slobs?

Because they are on public property but do not represent the public and our public values. Who wants to go down town and look up at a hero's statue to a guy who betrayed his nation? BTW: is your avatar the "Pepe the Frog" mascot of white supremacist slobs?

Yet, you still have no problem with this?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia

But they did represent the public and our public values. Until very recently. The nation as a whole was fine with it, right up until about 5 to 10 years ago.

So, is this the point where you admit that all that talk of multiculturalism was a lie?

Why? To hide inconvenient history?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to erect a huge plaque next to them explaining who erected the statues and why, for historical context?

Something short and to the point like..

"This is a statue of Robert E. Lee. Commissioned in 1917 and dedicated in 1924, it was erected by Democrats to intimidate n!ggers."

...would suffice, I think.

But they did represent the public and our public values. Until very recently. The nation as a whole was fine with it, right up until about 5 to 10 years ago.

So, is this the point where you admit that all that talk of multiculturalism was a lie?

Seriously? What about all of the folks who are descendants of people who were enslaved. How could you say that "the nation has a whole was fine with it"? I'm not fine with honoring Robert E. Lee and the likes of him. Why was he given a place of honor? This man who enslaved people and betrayed his country? He represents no "value" to me. Incidentally, we need to define the term "public values." To me the phrase means freedom, equality, respect for others, honor, for starters.

Just what is so awful about putting these things in museums?

All I'm saying is remove the statues of these individuals from places of honor in our communities, where they do not belong, and put them some place where their stories can be told.

Why would I think, much less "admit," that "talk of multiculturalism" is or was a lie? Everybody's here. Everybody's been here, historically speaking. What do you mean?

Seriously? What about all of the folks who are descendants of people who were enslaved. How could you say that "the nation has a whole was fine with it"? I'm not fine with honoring Robert E. Lee and the likes of him. Why was he given a place of honor? This man who enslaved people and betrayed his country? He represents no "value" to me. Incidentally, we need to define the term "public values." To me the phrase means freedom, equality, respect for others, honor, for starters.

Just what is so awful about putting these things in museums?

All I'm saying is remove the statues of these individuals from places of honor in our communities, where they do not belong, and put them some place where their stories can be told.

Why would I think, much less "admit," that "talk of multiculturalism" is or was a lie? Everybody's here. Everybody's been here, historically speaking. What do you mean?

Multiculturalism was sold the American people based on the lie that, we would be welcoming and inclusive of all cultures, and celebrate their cultures and as they grew to be part of our new and larger community, we would all live in harmony and peace.

BUT, instead, people like you, now that you have more power, are going after our culture(s) and heritage(s) and erasing them from the public square.

This is not living in peace and harmony. This is people like you, waging a culture war on people like me.

Multiculturalism, was a lie from the beginning, and is about destroying Traditional America and replacing it with something else.

Something hostile to traditional America and Americans.

Forum List

Back