Women are too weak physically to serve in combat

This pretty much sums up my perspective whether women are physically able to serve in combat. They should if they can cut the mustard; same goes for men.

"...the fact that other militaries across the world have found that with proper training and necessary adaptations, women can complete the same physical tasks as men. In the 1970s, the Canadian military conducted trials that tested women’s physical, psychological, and social capacity for combat roles. The results informed the final decision of the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal to remove Canada’s female combat exclusion. After similar tests, Denmark also lifted its combat ban in the late 1980s.

The physical fitness argument, which tends to focus on differences between average male and female bodies, is also undermined by the fact that women who join the military tend to be more fit than the average American. Additional training and conditioning further decrease the gap between female and male service members, and evidence indicates that women usually benefit substantially from fitness-training programs. More to the point, performance is not necessarily determined by gender; it is determined by other attributes and by an individual’s determination to reach physical prowess. To put it bluntly, there are physically fit, tough women who are suitable for combat, and weak, feeble men who are not."
Let Women Fight | Foreign Affairs

Maybe im getting to old and/or old fashioned, but I was raised to open the doors for women, let them enter first and that you protect them.
Im sure there are women that can make the grade and as connery aptly posted that there are men that cant. Still theres that nagging instinct that was instilled in me that its my function to make sure the women are ok first. Like I said that might be an old fashioned long gone value.

My personal opinion? If a woman can pass her PRT (Physical Readiness Test) with an excellent or better, she should be allowed to serve in combat. If she wants to do a "G.I. Jane" and join the SEALs like Demi Moore did in the movie? I'm all for it, but she has to be at the SAME level of fitness as those around her. If she washes out, she washes out, just like many of the guys do.

^^ Agreed!

Exactly.

All women are just too weak. Everyone knows that.

tina-chandler-interview_bsm.jpg

Bodybuilding.com - Tina Chandler: Female Bodybuilding Interview Of The Month, September 2011
If this steroid-imbued anomaly has somehow managed to qualify as a genitally correct female, she is as far from the farthest example of what a woman is as it gets.

Entirely too much emphasis is being placed on the physical aspect of combat readiness. I believe there is a far more critical component in the overall makeup of a capable combat soldier than his physical strength and it is something which simply is not present in the essential nature of the average woman. That component is the natural inclination which is responsible for the fact that 98% of all violent behavior is effected by men -- not women.

Women, because of their fundamental purpose in Nature, are designed by Nature to be gentle and nurturing, not violent. And while there are exceptions, the average (normal) woman is repulsed by the kind of violent conduct and generally crude behavior which comes easily to men. Therefore they simply are not suitable for prolonged life in the field under arms. And for those who seek an identifiable biological cause of this particular difference it's called testosterone -- aka the warrior chemical.

If this steroid-imbued anomaly has somehow managed to qualify as a genitally correct female, she is as far from the farthest example of what a woman is as it gets.

Entirely too much emphasis is being placed on the physical aspect of combat readiness. I believe there is a far more critical component in the overall makeup of a capable combat soldier than his physical strength and it is something which simply is not present in the essential nature of the average woman. That component is the natural inclination which is responsible for the fact that 98% of all violent behavior is effected by men -- not women.

Women, because of their fundamental purpose in Nature, are designed by Nature to be gentle and nurturing, not violent. And while there are exceptions, the average (normal) woman is repulsed by the kind of violent conduct and generally crude behavior which comes easily to men. Therefore they simply are not suitable for prolonged life in the field under arms. And for those who seek an identifiable biological cause of this particular difference it's called testosterone -- aka the warrior chemical.

Really? Women aren't violent?

Quick question sportcheck..................ever seen a cat fight (a fight between 2 women)?

I'm guessing not, because of the bullshit you've posted.

Quick question sportcheck..................ever seen a cat fight (a fight between 2 women)?

If those hair-pulling and scracthing outbursts are what you think of in relative terms as violence one can only wonder what kind of a "biker" you are.

I'm talking about violence, such as occurs in armed combat, or on the streets of some urban neighborhoods, which ends up in hospitals and morgues, not angy outbursts that rarely call for medical attention or homicide investigation.

I suggest you research crime statistics for percentages of how many males vs females are charged with violent crimes -- and I'm not talking about those cat fights that seem to impress you (and maybe a few other "bikers").

If those hair-pulling and scracthing outbursts are what you think of in relative terms as violence one can only wonder what kind of a "biker" you are.

I'm talking about violence, such as occurs in armed combat, or on the streets of some urban neighborhoods, which ends up in hospitals and morgues, not angy outbursts that rarely call for medical attention or homicide investigation.

I suggest you research crime statistics for percentages of how many males vs females are charged with violent crimes -- and I'm not talking about those cat fights that seem to impress you (and maybe a few other "bikers").

A woman in my city recently bludgeoned one of her girlfriends to death with a blunt object, and strangled her 2 young children to death. Thats pretty fucking violent.

Human beings generally are capable of and inclined towards violence.

I'm sure there are more than that one example, because there are exceptions to every rule. But the rule is what you'll find if you research available crime statistics.

Incidentally, forcible rape is a very common violent crime. How many women forcibly rape men vs the opposite circumstance?

Not many, I get your point, but we don't have that many men joining the Military anymore. The reality is we have had women in combat since we started the war on terror in 2001 because we don't have the large Military we used to have, women in the Army and Marines exchanging gun fire with Iraqis and Talibs while we have plenty of able bodied men just sitting around Stateside, it is what it is. Since we don't have the manpower its all hands on deck, regardless of what sexual organs you have. We don't have enough men to protect the women in the Military anymore.

Not many, I get your point, but we don't have that many men joining the Military anymore. The reality is we have had women in combat since we started the war on terror in 2001 because we don't have the large Military we used to have, women in the Army and Marines exchanging gun fire with Iraqis and Talibs while we have plenty of able bodied men just sitting around Stateside, it is what it is. Since we don't have the manpower its all hands on deck, regardless of what sexual organs you have. We don't have enough men to protect the women in the Military anymore.
Which is why we need to reinstate the draft -- but this time impose regulations which cannot be circumvented by people like Limbaugh and the sons of the wealthy and politically powerful.

If the draft were still active, do you think Bush could have gotten away with invading Iraq? Were it not for the threat of conscription we might have remained in Vietnam for another twenty years, just like we probably will remain in the Middle East indefinitely. It was the threat of conscription that fueled the Vietnam protest and forced an end to it. A lesson was learned and that lesson is why the draft was suspended. The corporatocracy realized they couldn't get away with it anymore.

Our sons are wising up and are not falling for the enlistment lures, now the corporatocracy is after America's daughters. This is very bad policy and it ensures continuation of these oil wars.

tell me im wrong

There was this seg in some news showwhere they had to -dumb-down thetests to let get yhewomen to pass

Not ragging on - them - if not for women in the munitions plants in WW2 - probably would never have won

"some" women are too weak, so are "some" men.

Do you think the military will automatically put all women into combat zones?

Which is why we need to reinstate the draft -- but this time impose regulations which cannot be circumvented by people like Limbaugh and the sons of the wealthy and politically powerful.

If the draft were still active, do you think Bush could have gotten away with invading Iraq? Were it not for the threat of conscription we might have remained in Vietnam for another twenty years, just like we probably will remain in the Middle East indefinitely. It was the threat of conscription that fueled the Vietnam protest and forced an end to it. A lesson was learned and that lesson is why the draft was suspended. The corporatocracy realized they couldn't get away with it anymore.

Our sons are wising up and are not falling for the enlistment lures, now the corporatocracy is after America's daughters. This is very bad policy and it ensures continuation of these oil wars.

I agree totally, reinstate the draft with no deferments for anything or anyone and especially not for the college. When everyones son and daughter has to go watch how fast everyone shuts their mouth.

Women are the 'C' Word.
There parts Dry Up from no use and they Die.
They lose Interest in SEX
I a Male at 62 (63 next month) have Lost No Interest in Sex.

Only Idiot Women would want to saerve in Combat
they are probably all DYKES.

1st Post since 2010.

Thank You
Reparations for Vietnam Vets
Righteous Robert
Baltimore Bob

tell me im wrong

There was this seg in some news showwhere they had to -dumb-down thetests to let get yhewomen to pass

Not ragging on - them - if not for women in the munitions plants in WW2 - probably would never have won

"some" women are too weak, so are "some" men.

Do you think the military will automatically put all women into combat zones?
If women are approved for assignment in combat line companies you may rest assured that in spite of any objections by old school military brass that is exactly where they will go. Because the political whores in Washington who orchestrate such military debacles as Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and now Afghanistan, regard those sons and brothers who are foolish and naive enough to enlist in the Army and Marines as cannon fodder. And as long as there is a steady supply of warm bodies to facilitate the requirements of the Military Industrial Complex Washington doesn't care if they have testicles or tits.

As long as it isn't their sons and brothers they are sending into the grinder the show will go on. And millions of brainwashed nitwits, hypnotized by television and secure in knowing there is no draft, will go on happily saying, "Thank you for your service to our country," which is the most offensively patronizing bit of nonsensical bullshit I've ever heard. What it really means is better you than me, and the idea that soon there will be women serving in grunt platoons while able-bodied men will be saying that to women is enough to make me puke.

It's getting harder and harder to be proud of America.

Forum List

Back