Women and Islam

Actually with a Somalian per cacpita GDP of $600, I think the Medievals would be dismayed by the comparison.

(By the way, wow, I didn't know until just now that Somalia was considered part of the Middle East!)

I'm sorry I meant Muslim country, Somalia is right next door to the Middle East though.

Actually Wikipedia does group Somalia in the "greater middle east," even though it isn't in the "traditional middle east."

Geography is a funny thing - where's the dividing line between Europe and Asia? And is Russia European? Or is Russia Asian?

That depends who you ask, alot of Turks consider themselves Europeans and are dying to get into the EU, they want nothing to do with the Middle East or the Arabs. As far as Russia goes there are parts of that country where the majority of the people are Asians, countries like Kazakhstan are full of them.

Is no one aware that Christian nations used to be much the same way during the middle ages? It was written into many law codes to penalize women more heavily than men for identical crimes.

This I don't get. Somebody help me with this, did you and you're cohorts read what I posted? How can anybody in their right mind not condemn this type of treatment of women? You make excuses? Say during the middle ages some people of other religions abused women too...What the hell is wrong with you people?...unbelievable.

You're pro-Israel, I see; good for you. But attacking neutrals like me doesn't garner support. It just makes you look like an extremist.

Attacking? How did I attack you? And how can you be neutral on this issue? If it were Jews committing these acts, I'd be just as outraged, maybe more so, and I'm sure most moderate mulims are also outraged by this, but you are neutral...congratulations.

Last edited:
Attacking? How did I attack you?
Maybe some other kindly passing forum member will be patient enough to read your post and explain the obvious to you.

And how can you be neutral on this issue?
The same way I'm neutral on Israel's unprovoked attack on the USS Liberty.

If it were Jews committing these acts, I'd be just as outraged
Does Israel's unprovoked attack on the USS Liberty fill you with outrage?

Frankly I think rage is what causes many of these messes to begin with. If people felt less and thought more, they probably wouldn't need to resort to shooting people so often.

Attacking? How did I attack you?
Maybe some other kindly passing forum member will be patient enough to read your post and explain the obvious to you.

And how can you be neutral on this issue?
The same way I'm neutral on Israel's unprovoked attack on the USS Liberty.

If it were Jews committing these acts, I'd be just as outraged
Does Israel's unprovoked attack on the USS Liberty fill you with outrage?

Frankly I think rage is what causes many of these messes to begin with. If people felt less and thought more, they probably wouldn't need to resort to shooting people so often.

Hah.....ok....I see were you're comming from now.......:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back