woman will be outed in church for her sins

Utah is full of mormons and it is like a whole different universe here. i have lived other places and nothing will prepare you for what you experience here.

I'm telling Sunnidiot that if he took his bi-racial family over there to that church, they'd kick him out before the service was over.
You have NO idea what you ae talking about as usual ABikerSailor.

I went to Fundamentalist, Full Gospel, Charismatic, non-Denominational Churches like her"s for years.

There were people of all races in attendence, and yes, there were some bi- racial couples.

By the way Sucking Moron, you think Charles Bass is so cool? Try going down around his area on vacation. The only thing that whites down there are more racist against than blacks, is mixed couples.
I have been to Gulfport and Biloxi Mississippi many times without any trouble.

What the people there really don't like is Sailors.

The locals veiw them as the scum of the earth. :lol:

You have NO idea what you ae talking about as usual ABikerSailor.

I went to Fundamentalist, Full Gospel, Charismatic, non-Denominational Churches like her"s for years.

There were people of all races in attendence, and yes, there were some bi- racial couples.

Listen asshole, I don't give a fuck what churches you've gone to. Far as I'm concerned, you really don't have a clue what you're talking about, as reflected in the litany of faiths that you've attended. And, compound that to your crowning achievement of converting to Islam.

No moron, I didn't specify all those churches you just listed, I said that if YOU went to THAT PARTICULAR ONE with your bi-racial family, you'd be kicked out.

Get a clue idiot.

I have been to Gulfport and Biloxi Mississippi many times without any trouble.

What the people there really don't like is Sailors.

The locals veiw them as the scum of the earth. :lol:

REALLY? I was stationed for 6 months at Meridian Mississippi, with quite a few trips down to New Orleans and the lower half of LA. Not only that, I was stationed in Memphis TN for 4 and 1/2 years.

You were just visiting prick. I actually had to live there.

From the web site of the woman's church:

"Changed By Grace Community Church is an independent evangelical church not affiliated with any denomination and non-charismatic. It is a Bible-believing, Bible preaching church standing uncompromisingly for the unchanging Word of God. It is an evangelistic church proclaiming the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ through a Bible-preaching, Bible-teaching ministry. Our purpose of existence can be summed up in this way: Changed By Grace Community Church exists for the purpose of glorifying God, maturing the believer, and leading everyone to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ".

Changed By Grace Community Church

Judging by your attitude.

No wonder the local people didn't like you or your kind! :eek:

Wrong again o Ignorant One. Never had any problems in MS. Only place that I had problems was in Norfolk VA. THAT is the place where "dogs and Sailors keep off the grass" came from.

You don't really know much do ya there mud baby lover?

Wrong again o Ignorant One. Never had any problems in MS. Only place that I had problems was in Norfolk VA. THAT is the place where "dogs and Sailors keep off the grass" came from.
My oldest daughter is married to a Sailor and has lived there for 5 years with No problem.

They love the area and someday hope to live there when he retires.

Again, have you ever considered that maybe it's you that has the problem?

My oldest daughter is married to a Sailor and has lived there for 5 years with No problem.

They love the area and someday hope to live there when he retires.

Again, have you ever considered that maybe it's you that has the problem?

Where exactly do they live? I never had any problems over in VA Beach or Indian River Road.

However, head over by Ocean View Drive, just outside of the gate of the Amphib base, back around a couple of miles, and you've got one of the baddest areas of Norfolk.

Then.......try Portsmouth sometime......really nice place there too......shootings almost every day.

Matter of fact, if I could go back and live in Indian River, I'd be there now.

So......you know what again?

I am sure ABikerSailor and Jeffree have alot in common!! :lol:

well jeffree is my Best friend and he is gay. Abikersailor is my jokey beautiful usmb boyfriend and he is straight. but they both are my friends so that is something in common.:razz:

Although, I am Christian, I don't believe it is morally wrong to have sex with someone that you are not married to as long as you are not committing adultery.

I think the church should have handled it differently. But I don't understand what you mean by it is not the church's job to pass judgement. Somethings are very clear, like the Ten Commandments.

It is not the church's job to pass judgement. The Ten Commandments are what they are ... commandments, not judgements.

It is the church's job to teach, not judge.

It is not the church's job to pass judgement. The Ten Commandments are what they are ... commandments, not judgements.

It is the church's job to teach, not judge.

Gunny is right, and I think almost all good religious people agree (the smart ones). The priest job is closer to what the teacher is in schools, only the school teacher deals in facts and the priest deals in guidance.

I once knew a christian priest (rest his soul) who was a great man, he said it took him 40 years to get there but that he learned his calling was to help people when they needed it. Even us non-christians admired him for his heart. He didn't cite the christian bible to us, he didn't tell us we were evil and going to hell, he listened then offered real advice. Hid advice was sound, and it always helped. He told stories if you cared to listen, each with a moral to it, of course they had a christian slant to them, but they were interesting and many times you learned from them. That is how priests should be now, it was how they once were, and only the pure hearted religious leaders are like him. They don't judge, no church for any religion should do that, they don't condemn, only our legal courts have that right and whatever god you worship, and most of all they don't publicly humiliate you in any way, that's the bigots and vile members job.

Gunny is right, and I think almost all good religious people agree (the smart ones). The priest job is closer to what the teacher is in schools, only the school teacher deals in facts and the priest deals in guidance.

I once knew a christian priest (rest his soul) who was a great man, he said it took him 40 years to get there but that he learned his calling was to help people when they needed it. Even us non-christians admired him for his heart. He didn't cite the christian bible to us, he didn't tell us we were evil and going to hell, he listened then offered real advice. Hid advice was sound, and it always helped. He told stories if you cared to listen, each with a moral to it, of course they had a christian slant to them, but they were interesting and many times you learned from them. That is how priests should be now, it was how they once were, and only the pure hearted religious leaders are like him. They don't judge, no church for any religion should do that, they don't condemn, only our legal courts have that right and whatever god you worship, and most of all they don't publicly humiliate you in any way, that's the bigots and vile members job.

There are still good churches and good preachers. This particular church appears to be one of those hard-line, keep people living in fear types. These kind of people always amaze me. Christ's message is about forgiveness. They seem to forget the basic tenet of what they're trying to sell.

well if you joina strict church and know the churches rules you should follow them.

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public

POSTED: Monday, December 15, 2008

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A divorced Jacksonville woman said her former church has threatened to "go public with her sins" and tell the congregation about her sexual relationship with her new boyfriend.

Rebecca Hancock said harassment from Grace Community Church in Mandarin over her sex life caused her to leave, but she said that didn't put an end to the problem. She said she received a letter from the church's elders telling her the church plans to make her personal life very public.

"I'm basically run out. I'm the church harlot," Hancock said.

The 49-year-old said she has been dating a man for a while and she said members of the congregation at Grace Community Church haven't been happy about the relationship.

"Because I have a boyfriend that I'm involved with … to not be married to that person is a sin," Hancock said.

She said the issue caused her to leave the church. However, she said the church has not let go of her.

The letter Hancock received from the church states that because she has refused to end her sexual relationship with her boyfriend, "you leave us with no other choice but to carry out the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ" … "In accordance with Matthew 18:17 we intend to 'tell it to the church.'"

"On January 4, my sins will be told to the church, publicly, with my children sitting in the church and my friends," Hancock said.

The pastor of Grace Community Church, Dr. T. Scott Christmas, told Channel 4 he had no comment.

Pastors with whom Channel 4 spoke on Monday said announcing a sin to a congregation is not abnormal. They said it's written in the Bible to punish sinners who continue to sin.

The difference in Hancock's case is that she has left the church, and the pastors said that's is usually where punishment ends.

Despite the church's letter stating its biblical backing, Hancock said she has backed out of the church and they should leave her alone because she is no longer a member.

"I am a Christian, and that will never change. My relationship with Jesus has to do with me and Jesus, and he knows my heart," Hancock said.

The book of Matthew does have three steps that the church talked about in taking action against a member who is in sin.

Hancock said she is now attending a different church, and said she is planning to send a letter to Grace Community Church to make sure it's understood that she no longer a member

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

just tossing this out for comments and opinions
Sounds like she has a big mouth. If she does not want anyone talking about her sex life she should be more discreet instead of telling the world about her personal life.

Forum List

Back