Woman who shot at home depot shoplifters vows to never help anyone again

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/u...&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&_r=1

Sure the resident boot lickers think this is great but its really not. I PERSONALLY would not have fired at them but she was trying to help. Hell I could care less if someone steals from Home Depot or Wal Mart they got insurance. Just imagine if someone was trying to harm you and this woman was around and tried to help..but now her right to carry a weapon is banned for 7 years...outrageous and unconstitutional.

Chain stores have Loss Prevention teams on site. If they can't catch shoplifters it's not my problem to deal with

From a tactical point of view she made a major error and is now paying for it.

I carry weapons almost everywhere I go but you will never see me ptotecting anyone I don't know or any business. Too much liability abd no lesson learned by the unarmed idiots if I stop the criminal who is affecting them.

Shoplifting is not an imminent threat to anyone. It does not warrant lethal force. Blasting away in a public space with innocent bystanders around? Over shoplifting? The idiot should be disarmed.

They were shoplifters. What do you think this is, sharia law?:badgrin:

"And I learned my lesson that I will never help anybody again.”

Thank God!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/u...&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&_r=1

Sure the resident boot lickers think this is great but its really not. I PERSONALLY would not have fired at them but she was trying to help. Hell I could care less if someone steals from Home Depot or Wal Mart they got insurance. Just imagine if someone was trying to harm you and this woman was around and tried to help..but now her right to carry a weapon is banned for 7 years...outrageous and unconstitutional.
Obviously you didn't bother to read your own link:
"Ms. Duva-Rodriguez entered a plea of no contest to the charge on Oct. 26. On Wednesday, she appeared in a Rochester Hills courtroom and was granted 18 months’ probation. Her permit to carry a concealed weapon was revoked until at least 2023."

As we saw on the thread about the whackjob that drove his truck into a hotel and the HS football coach who told his players to cripple a referee...all of the gun nuts here said there was nothing short of a verdict in a court of law that should prohibit someone from packing as much heat as possible.
That this woman is now disarmed is probably the best news I've heard in the last hour.

"And I learned my lesson that I will never help anybody again.”

Thank God!
it's almost as if she thought she was helpful in the first place instead of being a danger to society. the delusions some people have...

What an idiot. Who the hell does she think she is? She had no business shooting at that vehicle. What kind of 'help' did she think she was providing for anyone?

What an idiot. Who the hell does she think she is? She had no business shooting at that vehicle. What kind of 'help' did she think she was providing for anyone?

You're going to see much more of this.

You have all of this pent up testosterone and record gun sales and a very pedestrian understanding of the law. It will be a very big public health concern as we move forward.

I don't carry EVERYWHERE I go but if I had been strapped and been there when a crazy woman started shooting in a HD, chances are pretty good I would have double tapped her muy pronto and gone from there.

Even the Book Of Proverbs tells us not to meddle in another persons problems.
Can;t remember the Chapter and verse.
This woman needs to learn what the word "help" actually means

I don't carry EVERYWHERE I go but if I had been strapped and been there when a crazy woman started shooting in a HD, chances are pretty good I would have double tapped her muy pronto and gone from there.
exactly. she's lucky she wasn't 'helped'

This chick sounds a tad off... since when do we shoot shoplifters?

Sadly, now the lefties will use this as further proof that guns should be banned.

Insurance doesn't cover all their losses due to theft. In a store like Walmart especially, theft is unimaginably massive. I know because i had a relative who worked in management there for years. Businesses end up having to pass the losses onto customers by way of higher prices.

In his store alone, it was estimated someone was stealing in there roughly every 20 minutes or so. So it does cost them bigtime. And customers pay the ultimate price. However, you don't shoot at fleeing shoplifters. That's insanely dangerous. She will have to be prosecuted. Sorry, but you have to know better.

She is a perfect example of why the NRA's suggestion--of arming us all to combat violence--is misguided. You can Monday-morning-quarterback this, but what's happening is, now we have to worry about not just psychos but your common garden variety idiot, as well.
What's OUTRAGEOUS is that they are ever allowing her to carry a gun again. I'm definitely staying out of Michigan.

Probably a good idea. With her kind of help........well, you know.

Forum List

Back