Woman says she was told to pump breast milk in pet area at Dulles Airport

California has a law that says businesses have to provide a breastfeeding area that's not a toilet.

One of my clients started breastfeeding her baby. In my tiny office I didn't have a separate room so I told her to use my office and I would give her privacy. She didn't want privacy but I insisted. I left. I got in,my car and she watched as I toodled off down the street. I didn't come back for three hours.
I don't blame you for leaving. She may not have wanted privacy, but if you didn't want to see what she was doing, you shouldn't have to. She should have just been glad that she had somewhere to do what she needed to do at all. Her wanting an audience only made her sound self centered.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

California has a law that says businesses have to provide a breastfeeding area that's not a toilet.

One of my clients started breastfeeding her baby. In my tiny office I didn't have a separate room so I told her to use my office and I would give her privacy. She didn't want privacy but I insisted. I left. I got in,my car and she watched as I toodled off down the street. I didn't come back for three hours.
I don't blame you for leaving. She may not have wanted privacy, but if you didn't want to see what she was doing, you shouldn't have to. She should have just been glad that she had somewhere to do what she needed to do at all. Her wanting an audience only made her sound self centered.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
She actually got a lawyer and threatened to sue me. She never did. The lawyer said that La Leche League intended a protest with hundreds of women all breastfeeding. I countered with an intention to have a free hot dog give away for the Great American Titout! I'd put up flyers in every bar in town. "Hundreds of beautiful women, all showing off their tits!"

The woman decided that just getting a new lawyer was appropriate. I never heard from the other lawyer again.

Sounds like the titty pump woman was being a total bitch. Fuck her entitlement ass and sore titties. If she is going to act like a fucking animal and milk herself in public then she ought to be put in a fucking cage with the rest of her kin. What in the hell makes her think that she is entitled to a clean place to pump her jugs?!? In addition to calling everyone else at the airport degenerate shit bags, the depth of her narcissism is astounding.
You clearly aren't a mother and have never been married to one. It's time society starts accommodating mothers more and prudish creeps like you less. You have no right not to be offended at motherhood.
And those beast feeding mothers have no right to not be offended by the men who masturbate in their presence at the sight of their exposed tits.
Part of the mental illness of you prudes is confusing naturism with sex. It's the product of a perverted mind. A woman breastfeeding or expressing milk is not sex, masturbation is. A healthy mind knows the difference.

Did she have a baby with her or did she chose an airport to pump breast milk? Nursing a baby is one thing but I don't think the airport should be responsible for furnishing a place for one in a freaking million lactating women to pump breast milk. Pump it at home or in the motel or in the freaking car.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
She actually got a lawyer and threatened to sue me. She never did. The lawyer said that La Leche League intended a protest with hundreds of women all breastfeeding. I countered with an intention to have a free hot dog give away for the Great American Titout! I'd put up flyers in every bar in town. "Hundreds of beautiful women, all showing off their tits!"

The woman decided that just getting a new lawyer was appropriate. I never heard from the other lawyer again.
Sue you for what? Not wanting to watch her breast feed? If you didn't want to see her or anyone else do such a thing, you shouldn't have to!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If she is still going after you over this, may you kick butt!

^^^ If you are asking me that, I never said that it is offensive, but if certain people don't want to see or hear certain things, they should have to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ If you are asking me that, I never said that it is offensive, but if certain people don't want to see or hear certain things, they should have to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, they don't really have to watch! Lol! :D I just tend to go on my phone or something and ignore the world around me anyway if I'm somewhere I don't really want to be. I don't really see a need to send her to the pet area though!

^^^ Okay. Sorry. I just think that breast feeding should fall into the category that going to the bathroom or throwing up would be in. To me, it is gross no matter how natural it may be.

Breast milk sours quickly but is loaded with lots of great things for baby, such as antibodies to fight sickness.
A woman can still breast feed whether they have the baby suck on them or not. That is why the pump was made, so that those who don't want anyone sucking on them don't have to have anyone suck on them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, they don't really have to watch! Lol! :D I just tend to go on my phone or something and ignore the world around me anyway if I'm somewhere I don't really want to be. I don't really see a need to send her to the pet area though!
It was the cleanest and quietest area in the airport.

^^^ Okay. Sorry. I just think that breast feeding should fall into the category that going to the bathroom or throwing up would be in. To me, it is gross no matter how natural it may be.

Breast milk sours quickly but is loaded with lots of great things for baby, such as antibodies to fight sickness.
A woman can still breast feed whether they have the baby suck on them or not. That is why the pump was made, so that those who don't want anyone sucking on them don't have to have anyone suck on them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh sure, but that's probably why they pump it then and there instead of in advance. It's sometimes hard to tell when your baby might get hungry, and some pumped milk, if kept out and not refrigerated, will spoil quickly. Better safe than sorry!

A woman, Liz Meagher Cooper, asked an employee at Dulles airport whether they could provide clean sanitary space where it would be possible for her to pump milk. As Cooper says the bathroom in the airport wasn`t sanitary so she asked for another room. Then she was offered to go to pet relief area!
I wonder the employee was mentally ill or just rude and malicious? The US is one of the most developed countries in the world so what happens to the service here?
:gives:
she's not special and doesn't need a sanitary spot to breast pump.

just another leftist demanding shit that she doesn't deserve

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh sure, but that's probably why they pump it then and there instead of in advance. It's sometimes hard to tell when your baby might get hungry, and some pumped milk, if kept out and not refrigerated, will spoil quickly. Better safe than sorry!
That is another reason why I think that its better to use the pump and then put it somewhere cold because if a baby gets it directly from their mom, I don't think that the milk will be cold like it is supposed to be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That is another reason why I think that its better to use the pump and then put it somewhere cold because if a baby gets it directly from their mom, I don't think that the milk will be cold like it is supposed to be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, as long as the milk is in mom's body, it won't spoil. Once it is pumped out and not kept cold is when it can spoil quickly. Actually, with a newborn baby, if the milk is cold, you are supposed to warm it to room temperature. The cold milk bothers their little delicate tummies.

Sounds like the titty pump woman was being a total bitch. Fuck her entitlement ass and sore titties. If she is going to act like a fucking animal and milk herself in public then she ought to be put in a fucking cage with the rest of her kin. What in the hell makes her think that she is entitled to a clean place to pump her jugs?!? In addition to calling everyone else at the airport degenerate shit bags, the depth of her narcissism is astounding.
You clearly aren't a mother and have never been married to one. It's time society starts accommodating mothers more and prudish creeps like you less. You have no right not to be offended at motherhood.
And those beast feeding mothers have no right to not be offended by the men who masturbate in their presence at the sight of their exposed tits.
Part of the mental illness of you prudes is confusing naturism with sex. It's the product of a perverted mind. A woman breastfeeding or expressing milk is not sex, masturbation is. A healthy mind knows the difference.
You must think you are above human nature. Most people stuck in the 1960's have that issue.

You must think you are above human nature. Most people stuck in the 1960's have that issue.
I wouldn't know.

I was born in 1975.

A woman, Liz Meagher Cooper, asked an employee at Dulles airport whether they could provide clean sanitary space where it would be possible for her to pump milk. As Cooper says the bathroom in the airport wasn`t sanitary so she asked for another room. Then she was offered to go to pet relief area!
I wonder the employee was mentally ill or just rude and malicious? The US is one of the most developed countries in the world so what happens to the service here?
:gives:
she's not special and doesn't need a sanitary spot to breast pump.

just another leftist demanding shit that she doesn't deserve

What made you think only leftist breast feed? How do you even know if she is a republican or democrat?

Did she have a baby with her or did she chose an airport to pump breast milk? Nursing a baby is one thing but I don't think the airport should be responsible for furnishing a place for one in a freaking million lactating women to pump breast milk. Pump it at home or in the motel or in the freaking car.

Just about all airports have this dedicated area for breastfeeding already but only available for VIP passengers. You can plan however you want when or where to pump or breastfeed but there are some occasions that throw you off your regular routine. Breast milk get spoiled easily. The luxury of refrigeration and warming is not that easy when flying. Remember there are people out there that are disgusted when they see a mother breastfeeding either they cover or not.

Forum List

Back