Woman protects her children, shoots intruder

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh. "

Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder | www.wsbtv.com

^^^ In my opinion, sadly there is only one way to make absolute and complete sure that the guy never tried to lay a hand on that woman and her kids later on, and to me, anyone who thinks that victims are not worth the self defense can lay down and start burning right now.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

"
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh. "

Too bad she didn't have an assault weapon, she could have overkilled him multiple times over.

I'd be tempted to overkill a fucker who busted into my home and chased me and my children down to a closet.

I'd overkill the shit out of him.

"

Good for her. Why in the hell was this asshole in her house? Was it random, or did she know him??

I'd be tempted to overkill a fucker who busted into my home and chased me and my children down to a closet.

Point being, you don't need an assault weapon to stop an intruder in your home. Anti gun control is the point of this thread and many others, no?

The assault weapons ban is something I'd support. Many other rational beings do as well, even Repubs.

Shut up you hag. An assault weapon is specifically for home intruders. It's the most effective method of stopping a fucking intruder, you moron.

Point being, you don't need an assault weapon to stop an intruder in your home. Anti gun control is the point of this thread and many others, no?

The assault weapons ban is something I'd support. Many other rational beings do as well, even Repubs.

The point is, she shot him 5 times and he was still able to get to his car. Suppose he had a weapon? 15 rounds probably would have ventilated him sufficiently to remove all threat.

Or would you rather have a wounded burglar and a dead woman and 2 dead kids? Please try to be realistic here.
Luckily, 5 holes was enough to end the threat, but what if she had only hit him twice? Would you want to be the one to tell her husband, " Your wife and children died because I advocated smaller magazine capacity?"

The woman was hiding with her children and intended to hide until the intruder ransacked the house, took what he wanted and left. The intruder wasn't content with that. His intention was to slaughter the woman and the children. He tracked her down, opened the door and was shot several times. He didn't go down, he did get out. Had there been three intruders instead of one, her gun would not have been sufficient to save her life or the lives of her children. She'd need an assault rifle for that.

I'm guessing you don't even know what an assault weapon is. Care to enlighten us with specificity? Then please tell us exactly what is needed and what will be adequate to stop armed criminals that don't give a crap about regulations.

The floor is yours.

She apparently thinks women shouldn't have access to firearms that could actually disable or kill an attacker.

She doesn't want attacks stopped, it sounds like.

She apparently thinks women shouldn't have access to firearms that could actually disable or kill an attacker.

Often, the left's idea of gun control is giving a 120lb woman the "right" to fistfight a 250lb rapist.

If that intruder had been armed, this Loganville womans little revolver would have most certainly not been up to the task. For heaven's sake, she emptied the cylinder and still didn't drop him. Had the asshole been armed, we would likely be reading about another innocent family lost. Bet she steps up to a higher caliber, higher capacity firearm. She should.

That's the bottom line. That's what the entire gun control debate is about. Disarming law abiding citizens and make sure the criminals are well armed. There is no such thing as a criminal. It is a social pathology that will disappear with equality and legalization of drugs.

Like anyone else, she doesn't want attacks to happen, but typically for Liberals, she thinks if she wishes hard enough....

And when the intruder still has an assault weapon and you're out-armed because he didn't follow that law?

And when the intruder still has an assault weapon and you're out-armed because he didn't follow that law?

But if we ban these weapons, criminals won't be able to get them. Works in Mexico. Okay not Mexico, but it worked in Norway, right? Okay, not Norway either. Well, it certainly worked when banned them in America for 10 years, didn't it? Criminals didn't have them in the US between '94 and '04 and there were no mass killings. Oh wait, that's not the case either. Hmm. Well, certainly if we took all the guns, that would work. After all, the virtual ban on civilian firearm ownership meant less violent crime in the UK, right? Not the case either eh? Well, what about Australia? What happened to violent crime rates after their ban? It went up? Oh shit...this is hard.

Okay, I got it. What if we force everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya? That'll do the trick!

Forum List

Back