Woman of the Apocalypse

New Testament still shows favoritism.

Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed: of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

The New Testament actually says that there is a New Israel who is Christ (Gal. 3:16.) It also says that the New Israel is those who believe in Christ (Gal. 3:29.) So Rev. 7 is actually referring to people who believe in Christ which obviously discounts the Jews.

Favoritism is now based on faith in Christ.
Yes, but as the sealing of 144,000 in Revelation are specifically identified as Jews, the Jews are still Gods chosen people.

No, there is a New Israel, (who is) Christ and those who believe in Christ (Gal. 3:16, 29.) Rev. 7 refers to those who believe in Christ.
Do yourself a favor. List the tribes of the 144,000.

Those names now refer to members of the church (Gal.3:29.)
They are the tribes of Israel.

Try this.

Hebrews 8:8-12
But God found fault with the people and said:“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenantwith the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israelafter that time, declares the Lord.I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Why does it trouble you Gentiles are not mentioned but Israel is?

The New Testament actually says that there is a New Israel who is Christ (Gal. 3:16.) It also says that the New Israel is those who believe in Christ (Gal. 3:29.) So Rev. 7 is actually referring to people who believe in Christ which obviously discounts the Jews.

Favoritism is now based on faith in Christ.
Yes, but as the sealing of 144,000 in Revelation are specifically identified as Jews, the Jews are still Gods chosen people.

No, there is a New Israel, (who is) Christ and those who believe in Christ (Gal. 3:16, 29.) Rev. 7 refers to those who believe in Christ.

Try this.

But God found fault with the people and said:“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenantwith the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israelafter that time, declares the Lord.I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

That means that they are welcome to believe in Christ and be members of the new Israel (Gal. 3:29.)

I make no distinguishments between Jews and Gentiles...as I have been saying that is outdated (Heb. 8:13.) Distinguishments are now made based on who believes in Christ and who rejects him.

Try this.

That means that they are welcome to believe in Christ and be members of the new Israel (Gal. 3:29.)

I make no distinguishments between Jews and Gentiles...as I have been saying that is outdated (Heb. 8:13.) Distinguishments are now made based on who believes in Christ and who rejects him.
Which tribe of the 144,000 do you belong to?
You don't belong to any.
Hebrews makes it clear Jews are still forefront.

Try this.

You don't belong to any.

I believe that I'm a member of the New Israel though I'm not a Christian (John 10:16.) But that's irrelevant.

Racial favoritism has expired (Acts 10:34-35, Heb. 8:13.)

Peace.

The only thing that became outdated when Jesus came and revealed the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects of the written law was the oral law, what Jesus called the traditions of men, the Talmud, detailed instructions about how to correctly conform to the literal letter of he law..

The only thing that became obsolete was the wrong way to understand and fulfill the laws demands, not the law itself which Jesus clearly taught would always remain in effect and in full force. Matthew 5:17-20.

If you do not conform to the law in the way that Jesus taught, as revealed in the command to eat his flesh, you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the law in you.

By teaching that the law itself is obsolete you too have rejected Christ.

Last edited:

The only thing that became outdated when Jesus came and revealed the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects of the written law was the oral law, what Jesus called the traditions of men, the Talmud, detailed instructions about how to correctly conform to the literal letter of he law..

The only thing that became obsolete was the wrong way to understand and fulfill the laws demands, not the law itself which Jesus clearly taught would always remain in effect and in full force. Matthew 5:17-20.

Jesus' teachings changed at times. First he said, go NOT unto the Gentiles. Then AFTER his completion of being sacrificed, he said go unto ALL people.

Christianity teaches that the Christian is not under the law.

Try this.

You don't belong to any.

I believe that I'm a member of the New Israel though I'm not a Christian (John 10:16.) But that's irrelevant.

Peace.
It's a minor issue in the big picture, we'll find out one day soon.

Try this.

You don't belong to any.

Peace.
It's a minor issue in the big picture, we'll find out one day soon.

The Scripture says it but you are plugging your ears. I'm leaving the site for a while brother. Be back later God-Willing.

Jesus' teachings changed at times. First he said, go NOT unto the Gentiles. Then AFTER his completion of being sacrificed, he said go unto ALL people.

The so called great and lesser commissions were almost verbatim to the words spoken to Jeremiah in 25:15- 38 which is about God sending a sword through the nations identified as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine beginning in Jerusalem and then spread throughout the entire world.

remember? Jesus said that he came to bring a sword.

Exactly. Even though Jesus clearly taught that there is no other way to eternal life except by fulfilling the laws demands.

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them. Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

Last edited:

If you do not conform to the law in the way that Jesus taught, as revealed in the command to eat his flesh, you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the law in you.

I eat shell fish and will drive my car tonight after sunset. Guess what.
The law is obsolete.

The law is obsolete.

No, Bottom feeders and all of the creatures described as either clean or unclean have their human counterparts, from sheep and goats to vultures and pigs who do not ruminate. The flesh of one creature or another described in Kosher law is a figurative expression for teaching as revealed by the command of Jesus to "eat my flesh"

by swallowing the lie that the law is obsolete you have eaten the flesh of unclean creatures who do not ruminate and consequently your mind has become defiled and contaminated and you have become a creature that cannot ruminate.

Obviously the law remains in effect and is in full force.

The so called great and lesser commissions were almost verbatim to the words spoken to Jeremiah in 25:15- 38 which is about God sending a sword through the nations identified as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine beginning in Jerusalem and then spread throughout the entire world.

Exactly. Even though Jesus clearly taught that there is no other way to eternal life except by fulfilling the laws demands.

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them. Jeremiah 25:15

Stop lying man...Jesus said "until all be fulfilled" when he was talking about the law. He said "it is finished." I believe based on Paul's words that that meant being under the law is finished; it meant that amongst other things.

Stop lying man...Jesus said "until all be fulfilled" when he was talking about the law. He said "it is finished." I believe based on Paul's words that that meant being under the law is finished; it meant that amongst other things.

Until all be fulfilled hasn't happened yet unless Jesus has reappeared from behind the clouds that have obscured him for the past 2000 years, the Jews have been convinced that Jesus was right, the dead have come out of their graves, war has ended, and the kingdom of God has been revealed.

Apparently there are still a few things yet to be fulfilled.

The last few words of Jesus on the cross had absolutely nothing to do with declaring the law obsolete. Stop lying yourself man..

As I said, the only thing that became obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the wrong way to follow the law according to the traditions of men who after his death turned aside from the way that Moses originally taught to follow the law and took to degrading practices.

For I know that after my death you will turn aside from the way that I taught you to follow [the law].... Deuteronomy 31:29

Last edited:

Until all be fulfilled hasn't happened yet unless Jesus has reappeared from behind the clouds that have obscured him for the past 2000 years, the Jews have been convinced that Jesus was right, the dead have come out of their graves, war has ended, and the kingdom of God has been revealed.

The last few words of Jesus on the cross had absolutely nothing to do with declaring the law obsolete. Stop lying yourself man..

As I said, the only thing that became obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the wrong way to follow the law according to the traditions of men who after his death turned aside from the way that Moses originally taught to follow the law and took to degrading practices.

For I know that after my death you will turn aside from the way that I taught you to follow [the law].... Deuteronomy 31:29

You don't know Paul's writings very well...Paul said that Jesus crucifixion removed the Jewish ordinances for Christians.

You don't know Paul's writings very well...Paul said that Jesus crucifixion removed the Jewish ordinances for Christians.

I do know the writings of Paul very well. He's the guy who said long hair is a disgrace, woman should be subservient, believers will float up into the sky one day, Christians should submit to the authority of Caesar, and on and on and on contradicting the words of Jesus on every key point foundational to salvation...as if he was an agent of the enemy of Christ.

He also taught that the law was made obsolete by the sacrifice of Jesus, something that would never be accepted by either dedicated Jews or rational Gentiles.

If Paul really believed that the law was made obsolete why would he have been so adamantly opposed to homosexuality or unmarried sex or any other so called sinful behavior that is only a sin if the law is in effect and taken literally?

If Christians believed that the law was made obsolete by the sacrifice of Jesus whats up with all of the judgment, condemnation, and obsessions with the sex lives of other people? If love is the only law, whats up with the rabid persecution perpetrated by Christians against all so called sinners based on their perceived violation of selective aspects of a literal interpretation of Mosaic law?

One cannot claim that the law is obsolete and then go out and incite persecution against those who do not conform to a literal interpretation of the very same law without becoming a false person and exposing yourself as a hypocrite.

Last edited:

If Paul really believed that the law was made obsolete why would he have been so adamantly opposed to homosexuality or unmarried sex or any other so called sinful behavior that is only a sin if the law is in effect and taken literally?

If Christians believed that the law was made obsolete by the sacrifice of Jesus whats up with all of the judgment, condemnation, and obsessions with the sex lives of other people? If love is the only law, whats up with the rabid persecution perpetrated by Christians against all so called sinners based on their perceived violation of selective aspects of a literal interpretation of Mosaic law?

One cannot claim that the law is obsolete and then go out and incite persecution against those who do not conform to a literal interpretation of the very same law without becoming a false person and exposing yourself as a hypocrite.

The sins you mentioned above were sins before the Law of Moses even existed.
Entire cities were destroyed over immoral behavior.

The sins you mentioned above were sins before the law of Moses even existed. Entire cities were destroyed over immoral behavior.

The law is obsolete.

No, Bottom feeders and all of the creatures described as either clean or unclean have their human counterparts, from sheep and goats to vultures and pigs who do not ruminate. The flesh of one creature or another described in Kosher law is a figurative expression for teaching as revealed by the command of Jesus to "eat my flesh"

by swallowing the lie that the law is obsolete you have eaten the flesh of unclean creatures who do not ruminate and consequently your mind has become defiled and contaminated and you have become a creature that cannot ruminate.

When Jesus said eat my flesh He was referring to internalizing his teachings.
This is some pretty hokey stuff you come up with.

The sins you mentioned above were sins before the Law of Moses even existed.
Entire cities were destroyed over immoral behavior.

The sins you mentioned above were sins before the law of Moses even existed. Entire cities were destroyed over immoral behavior.

If you are referring to Sodom and Gomorrah the reason specified as the cause for their destruction was violence.

The law is obsolete.

When Jesus said eat my flesh He was referring to internalizing his teachings.
This is some pretty hokey stuff you come up with.

Internalizing his teachings is exactly what Jesus was referring to when he said "Eat my flesh" which also reveals the hidden subject of the flesh of one creature or another, clean or unclean, described in great detail in kosher law.

Whats so hokey about it? People of every nation and language have always compared other people to creatures in the animal kingdom, either highly evolved or not so much, ever since people could talk and still do in every language to this day.

It is a rather simple wisdom well within the reach of bronze age people for them to have noticed and want to teach their children that the people who eat the flesh, internalize the teachings, of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, think deeply, become unclean creatures that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

Its like saying if you eat the flesh, internalize the teachings, of a gutter rat your mind will become defiled and contaminated and you will degenerate into a gutter rat.

Am I telling you something that you don't already know? For as long as there are people on earth do you think there will ever be a time when such a teaching about what amounts to a law of cause and effect will not be current, relevant, essential to the quality of life, sublime, and in full force?

kosher law is a clear warning to stand guard over the purity of your mind and instruction from God to always be discriminating about what teaching that you allow a place in your mind, internalize, in a world teeming with every sort of foul and loathsome beast and bird always on the prowl trying to get the gullible to swallow some mind numbing bullshit so that they will become blinded, intellectually disabled, paralyzed, defenseless, and easy to be preyed upon, in many cases, for life..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back