Bronze-Dragon: The Mythical Love [Christian America?]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a consumerism-consciousness yarn for our modern age of media labyrinths and neon chatter, and it's inspired by Dogma. I wrote it as a testament of the scope of lifestyle-spirituality under TrumpUSA, so it's not really a creative work but rather a political 'editorial' (which is why I didn't post it in the Writing section of USMB).

However, I do think it's my final post on USMB, so Happy Thanksgiving to all my stimulating peers!

Cheers (signing off),

isabel7.jpg

====

An Algerian-American comic book and mythology writer named Ajay Satan was dressing up like a vigilante and writing about ancient avatars such as Medusa and new world comics characters such as Phoenix. Ajay met an actress named Isabel who was equally interested in such storytelling and the two began an unlikely relationship, sharing their passion for comic books and mythology-stories about things ranging from Achilles' heel to Ursa's poisonous body. Isabel was married to an abusive man, and Ajay was like her brother who comforted her. The two 'buddies' wanted to understand how America catered to Christian mythologies that were contoured to comic book worlds and old world folklore --- e.g., Harlot of Babylon and Medusa, the AntiChrist and Brainiac, Satan and Hobgoblin, and Mary and Batwoman. Ajay and Isabel were the ideal 'mythology students' since they really 'looked' like individuals curious about the metaphysics of the grand oral tradition(!).

isabel5.jpg

Ajay gave Isabel's son Luke a stick-figure doodle-drawing of an evil elf. Ajay told Luke the drawing represented a human contemplation of how consumerism and Christmas shopping was being 'degraded' by capitalism avarice and lifestyle apathy towards spirituality. Luke told Ajay to write a horror-comics Christmas story about the Evil Elf terrorizing shoppers during the holiday-season. Ajay loved the idea and generated the story for the New Yorker magazine, and it won the Pulitzer(!). Isabel was so happy, and Ajay thanked the inspiring creative suggestions of Isabel's son Lucas when he talked about the Pulitzer in press-interviews. Suddenly, Ajay was a celebrity. Now, Tom Cruise was adapting Ajay's 'Evil Elf' fable into a Spielberg film starring Leo DiCaprio (Cruise was the producer!).

0730151910.jpg

Luke was something of a decent artist himself and created a basic but enchanting painting of a rendering of Ajay and Isabel as mermaid-lovers under the sea evading the modern era problem of eco-pollution and toxic-waste. Luke was only 16 years-old (Isabel had him when she was only 18) but a really gifted painter, and Isabel thought her son's painting was awesome and wanted Ajay to incorporate it into his new comics/mythology works. Ajay decided to pen stories about an unlikely love between two star-crossed mermaids trying to be in love while the human world around them dumped pollution into Earth's oceans. Once again, Ajay's story was a hit, and this time, American film-maker decided to adapt the 'eco-fable' into a Hollywood (USA) film starring Amy Adams and Jude Law as the star-crossed mermaids Isabel and Ajay.

isabel3.jpg

Ajay had a dream one night while he was drunk, celebrating his fame with Isabel and Luke. He dreamed he was visited by a nefarious 'Devil's Advocate' known as the Bronze Dragon [BD]. BD wanted to challenge Ajay's sense of idealism towards the use of media and storytelling in the age of the Internet and commerce to promote positive-thinking towards social values. BD wanted to basically debate with Ajay, and Ajay dreamed he was debating with this 'Bronze-Dragon.' It was a most interesting exchange, even if it was most likely all in Ajay's head/mind(!).

isabel4.jpg

BD: Are you in love with Isabel?
AJAY: Well, I admire her a great deal.
BD: Yes, but do you love her?
AJAY: She's a married woman...
BD: So you're relationship is a friendship!
AJAY: Yes.
BD: Do you care about her son Luke.
AJAY: Yes, he helped me generate two stories.
BD: Both stories are being adapted into films!
AJAY: Yes, isn't that wonderful?
BD: Do you think modern media is an arena for meaningful discourse?
AJAY: I believe in the Washington Post, WikiLeaks, and Facebook...
BD: Do you think folklore has a place in the Age of Consumerism?
AJAY: Sure! That's why I appreciate the Barry Levinson film Toys.
BD: That's a Robin Williams film about fear of generating war-toys.
AJAY: Yes, it's a treatise on the manufacturing of moral apathy.
BD: So you feel 'passionate' about consumer-metaphysics...
AJAY: I believe I do!
BD: Why then are you not pursuing a love-romance with Isabel?
AJAY: What do you mean, now that I'm a celebrity?
BD: Exactly; you can provide for her and her son; her husband is abusive!
AJAY: The key to this 'industry' is to maintain sincerity through humility.
BD: Well, do you like Squirrel-Girl comics and Jesus parables/comics?
AJAY: I like Lucifer Morningstar, a comics-adaptation of Satan characterization.
BD: If you wrote a story about Squirrel-Girl marrying Jesus, would it be liked?
AJAY: Just because my bond to Isabel is not romantic doesn't mean I don't daydream.
BD: I wonder if 'daydreams' have 'space' in the new age of marketing ethos.
AJAY: I believe there is adequate space for 'dollhouse storytelling'...

isabel10.jpg

After Ajay awoke from his dream, he called Isabel and told her about it, and Isabel suggested the dream meant one of two things --- that Ajay should write a comics-story about Squirrel-Girl and Jesus; or that Ajay and Isabel should start a more romantic relationship/bond. Ajay giggled at Isabel's suggestion but maintained his conviction that there was adequate space in the modern media landscape for sufficient Christian values that promoted Utopian daydreams and personal optimism. However, Ajay wondered if Bronze Dragon was hinting to him that because Ajay was merely a 'media-writer' in the modern age of complicated marketing, he'd never find 'true love.'

====

:bigbed:

Forum List

Back